CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 15a - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Initial draft. I'm really tired so i'll do more extensive work later on. I've checked this against all types of backgrounds to prevent that strange halo look against the lightning parts.

I'm not keen on doing an action pose for this particular design. The way it's set up could make it very easy for it to look too cluttered or make limb placement confusing. I'm also using pretty large heads which'll complicate action poses further but i'll make one if people want one.
I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but the far left foot looks like its not really attached to its leg.

Ok, did a little editing:

OLD-->

NEW-->

Now, it's not exactly easy to see what I've changed, so if you want stark contrast, just open both images in a new tab/window so that they are right over one another, then just switch tabs/windows to see what's different. ;)

But, I'll tell you what I changed anyhow. One, I added a medium blue and yellow to give the faces and tail some depth and shadow. The faces are brighter, and the far left head has a fixed spike. I'm pretty sure I've fixed some other spikes somewhere. :P But I also added some more shadow to the body/feet and edited the shine from the electricity a bit, and.... I think that's about it.

Initial draft. I'm really tired so i'll do more extensive work later on. I've checked this against all types of backgrounds to prevent that strange halo look against the lightning parts.

I'm not keen on doing an action pose for this particular design. The way it's set up could make it very easy for it to look too cluttered or make limb placement confusing. I'm also using pretty large heads which'll complicate action poses further but i'll make one if people want one.
._.

The necks look too wormy, and it doesn't capture the cuteness of the original design at all, The eyebrow on the right head also looks misplaced and the tail seems too blocky...

It's probably just me, but I don't like this sprite at all =/

(Even the shading, which is usually your strong point, falters on some occasions ;_;)

Tried to make the right (green) head look larger, while decreasing the size of the left (dark blue) head. Also added the fourth foot, though not much is seen because it is behind the front foot. And put in the eyes, mouth, and eyebrows.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
looking great wyverii, your the only one to me that looks good in this thread. everyone else, if you want to make yours better you need to change the yellow youre using, its way too light and looks horrible on a white background.

and wyverii, you may want to think about a more typicakky lightning style, straight sharp lines.

Well, I like Wyverii's, but I think that the heads should be more 'lightningy', therefore brighter. Wyv's looks a lot more solid and blocky. (which isn't a bad thing, just not what I pictured :P)

Easily the best I've seen. Just make the legs more bolty.Maybe the necks too.

OLD-->

NEW-->

Now, it's not exactly easy to see what I've changed, so if you want stark contrast, just open both images in a new tab/window so that they are right over one another, then just switch tabs/windows to see what's different. ;)

But, I'll tell you what I changed anyhow. One, I added a medium blue and yellow to give the faces and tail some depth and shadow. The faces are brighter, and the far left head has a fixed spike. I'm pretty sure I've fixed some other spikes somewhere. :P But I also added some more shadow to the body/feet and edited the shine from the electricity a bit, and.... I think that's about it.
Love it. I love how you had that bit of lighting at the end of all the limbs on the cloud so that it looks more like real lightning. My only suggestion would be to experiment with the brightness of the yellow of the actual limbs so that they stand out more on a white background without losing too much of that lightning aspect.

This is, by far, my favorite as of know, however, can you try to make the kneck a bit more....electric like? lol? Sorry, I dont know how it say it, it just looks like if the kneck was a physical body part instead of a lighting

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Personally, I think the "zig-zag-line" lightning bolt design is cliche and would look awkward on a pokemon like this where it has 7 extremities made of what looks like, but may not necessarily have to be lightning. This is why I like Wyverii's so much the way it is, because it avoids that cliche while still maintaining the lightning feel. On a more flavorful note, I dislike the thought that this thing is made of animate lightning bolts suspended outside of a thundercloud. Besides that not making any sense, it gives CAP nothing physical about it; it would be a pokemon that is a weather phenomenon, like if we made a pokemon that was a cloud with raindrops below it, except that the rain drops had faces so it was okay. You can't hurt a cloud by punching it. You can't hurt lightning the same way. I support the idea that it looks like a thundercloud, not that it is one.

I haven't tried spriting in so long. x_x But I love the design of this poke I couldn't pass it up.

Easily not finished yet, having trouble with the other two heads and feet. But c+c so far?

So I made the female sprites (they have slightly shorter eyebrows), and a possible shiny palette.

I think the lines are great but the shading seems unfinished (is it?).

It's too bright and doesnt show any depth. That seems to be the real problem, it looks like it's fading.

Regardless, it's probably my favorite as I think the entries have been very weak...

OLD-->

NEW-->

I love it - by far my favorite one out of all the submissions. I like the way you made the whole thing "lightningy" with the glowing blue toes, eyebrows, tail...awesome. The only thing that looks strange is the left head's eye, touch it up a bit.

Mkay, I've got the first draft finished. Anyone got any critics, and also could someone please transparentize it for me? Or give me a program to do so?

@ Draco Zephyr
A'ight, I took your idea (didn't do much, just really moved the eye up a pixel ;) ), but I think it looks better, and added a tentative shiny palette! :D

<--OLD
<--NEW

So, yeah, I didn't do that 'reverse-color' palette, but I think it looks pretty good! I may change the pink to a darker blue, though. :P Any ideas?

I love it, Agent, but my one suggestion is to fix the right head. From that angle, I don't think the far right eye should be seen as it only makes it look cross-eyed. Everything else is great.

Mkay, I've got the first draft finished. Anyone got any critics, and also could someone please transparentize it for me? Or give me a program to do so?
If we ever make a CAP Ranger game this is a perfect sprite for it.

Wyverii that is just incredible. My only complaint is the far-right eyebrow; something just irks me about it. To much in the center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)