CAP 9 - Final Product

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Plus, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korski

Korski Distilled, 80 proof
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

Well that Colossoil did have LO, which does 97.25% - 114.29% to 252/12 Metagross coming off max (377) Atk, which makes sense to me.
  2. Synth

Synth

I've got to admit, with 133/72/72 defenses, and 122 Attack and 95 Speed, Colossoil is looking a little "too" bulky. We'll playtest and see how he works out, But right now I'm thinking of nerfing his defenses (Or at least his HP) a little bit. Not too much. But just a little bit.
  3. familyguyman

familyguyman

So basically, a Pokemon countered by Colossoil can't beat him with a fairly weak priority move? I do not see your point. Meteor Mash will do ~83%, which is pretty hefty, while Colossoil uses his meager Crunch to do ~40%. That seems slightly less broken.
  4. Synth

Synth

Bullet Punch would've done way more if it weren't for Colossoil's bulk. 133/72 Defenses are pretty sturdy. (This was a Banded 'gross, after all)

And you might've found out by now that I took that part out of my post. While I still keep my opinion about Colossoil's defenses, I realized that the Colossoil Doug was using had a life orb, which would've done 84% if he wasn't. That's why I took that part out.
  5. Superkid11

Superkid11

A Scizor bullet punch would've done much more, but even so I agree with familyguyman. Colossoil is basically a counter for Metagross. Best switch when encountering it.

Just be thankful Guts is the only way it can boost its attack other than Life Orb or Choice Band. If Colossoil could use Swords Dance, then he'd be way too powerful. But he can't.

I do have one question about Rebound. Even though Colossoil is immune to Thunder Wave, will Rebound still deflect it?
  6. Plus

Plus I am the stone that the builder refused
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Colossoil will be up at 8:30 PM, EST! Come watch the inaugural battle (me and deck knight) and playtest on the ladder soon after.
  7. Flamewheeler

Flamewheeler

I've never used a CAP pokemon, but I want to try this one. Also, isn't there some kind of app. I need to install in order to see the CAP pokes while battling? If so, where can I find that?
  8. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

9. pkmn-taicho321

pkmn-taicho321

That was quick!
  10. Chomz

Chomz

Just a quick question: when will the CAP website be updated to include Collosoil (hmm, I'm getting used to that name already) ?
  11. Bynine

Bynine

The first CAP I've participated in (even though I didn't get much across), and it came out great! Although I'm just theorymonning, it looks a little broken, but hopefully it won't be. I'm foreseeing a rise in bulky waters, anyone else?
  12. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

8:30... that's past midnight in GMT. Seems I won't get to watch the battle.

On a side note, good job with the project, etc, etc.
  13. Azule

Azule

Me too, but hopefully the server will flock during play testing so everyone can experience it first-hand
  14. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Well, 8:30 PM for me is 3:30 AM, but meh. It's not new that I miss all of the important stuff.
  15. Ritsi_Time

Ritsi_Time

Is it really? I thought it was 11:30PM in GMT.
  16. Naxte

Naxte

No, since it's happening at 8:30 PM at GMT -5 (Eastern Time). So in GMT, it's 5 hours forward, or 1:30 AM.
  17. 0urher0nik0

0urher0nik0

idk if this is the right topic or not, so please correct me if so.

But when in the playtest, i noticed guts out a lot more than rebound, mainly because i have only seen sweeper sets so far too, and the rebound only works if you switch am i right? That brings in a lot more prediction for him, so thats another reason why guts seems to be more favorable.

basically, i think thats rebound, compared to guts, although seeming like a great ability, seems to hard to pull off, because it only works when he switches in, so that leaves him vulnerable to anything else afterwards.

Just a comment, pointing out ability usage.
  18. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

The CAP website is now updated with Colossoil's basic dex page. I also updated the CAP Gallery. We'll get moves and analysis updated later. But, feel free to check out the new pages!

http://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/colossoil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)