CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well damn. I thought a Bold poll would at least imply that we needed to provide some reasoning in our posts, rather than just pc++.

I like Super Lure.
1. Because I don't really want to vote for myself.
2. Because I think the status counter has already been done before, and the sets currently out there can be pretty deadly. They just aren't used all that often.
3. Because I don't think Moi's concept can really be done, without becoming what it is trying to prevent. We already gave the last pokemon Shield dust, so LIKELY we won't give it that again (usually we attempt to change up the pokemon every time, and I can't see another bandwagon for shield dust coming up). If it uses moves to protect itself, it either opens itself up to taunt, or, it becomes the fastest taunter out there, promoting taunt and various similar moves. Exactly what it was trying to prevent.

Super Lure has also proven to be an interesting concept, which to a large extent coincides with mine. The Stark threads on the subject have shown lures to be pokemon that forgo their strengths, to destroy potential switch-ins. Which I would assume mine would do as well (the only exception is that it does the two about equally well).

Edit: It appears moi has gotten me to rethink my position. A lure does not necessarily mean that the incoming pokemon will be countered by the lure. Also, the necessary condition is that a pokemon has to switch in. The pokemon therefore has to be threatening in some way, as to override the possibility of this pokemon countering it.

As such, I think my concept is much more specific in this regard. Ideally a 50/50 shot of getting it right, and luring from both sides. Against my better judgement: Voting Two-sided attack
Can anyone possibly be as bad at golf as tennis is at tennis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)