CAP All Stars-RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, as some of you know I have been laddering over the past month fairly successfully with an all CAP team, and even got on the leaderboard. This team will be retired officially when Cyclohm appears on the server.

Without further ado:

Kitsunoh@Choice Scarf
Frisk
Adamant
252atk/252spd/4def
-ShadowStrike
-Earthquake
-Trick
-U-Turn

This is my new lead, thanks to everyone for rating. The moves here were chosen, because of what the rest of my team covers. ShadowStrike and U-Turn are necessary, trick was chosen over Ice Punch, since i already have 2 other Ice move users, and Earthquake was chosen over Superpower for the same reasons. Frisk is an excellent ability, knowing what item your opponent has is very useful.

Pyroak@Life Orb
Rock Head
Adamant
152hp/252atk/106sp.def
-Flare Blitz
-Wood Hammer
-Howl
-Synthesis

A physical Pyroak is beast, beating out some common physical walls including:Skarmory, Hippowdon and Arghonaut 1 on 1. After getting a howl down, this does huge damage to anything not resisting its twin STAB's. Its great that this got Rock Head, preventing recoil. LO ensures some OHKO's.

Fidgit@Leftovers
Vital Spirit
Timid
252hp/252spd/4def
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earth Power

Stratagem@Life Orb
Technician
Timid
252sp.atk/252spd/4hp
-Ancient Power
-Flamethrower
-Giga Drain
-Vaccum Wave

TechStrata is one of the reasons why this team is so successful. Amazing speed, coverage and special attack make this thing hard to counter. Vaccum Wave is there mainly to deal with Scarfers/Stat Uppers and to an extent, Scizor. Of course it needs a few Ancient Power boosts and Spikes support.

Syclant@Life Orb
Mountaineer
Naive
252atk/220spd/36sp.atk
-Hidden Power(fire)
-Ice Punch
-U-Turn
-Brick Break

This set is quite amazing. Syclant makes an excellent scout, with its high speed and attack. Hidden Power Fire is their for if i can predict a Scizor switch in, or otherwise it just helps a great deal against steel's. This set was made a lot better by Umbreon Dan, all credit to him.

Revenankh@Choice Band
Shed Skin
Adamant
172hp/252atk/84spd
-Hammer Arm
-Shadow Punch
-Ice Punch
-Power Whip

This Revenankh is great, I can send it in on Arghonaut and KO it(with spikes support). Everybody always thinks it is the Bulk Up version. People try to get up another DD with their Salamence, only to find it KO'd by Ice Punch. Even after people realise it, once something that counters it is gone, it is extremely hard to stop.

Threat List:
Scizor-Dealt with by Arghonaut, Pyroak and Revenankh to an extent.

Heatran-KO'd by Fidgit, Arghonaut and Revenankh, while not KO'ing any of them.

Salamence-KO'd by Syclant, Stratagem and Revenankh, if it gets a DD im in trouble.

Gyarados- Arghonaut walls any non bounce sets, and Stratagem takes care of it.

Infernape-Non priority versions are dealt with by Stratagem, otherwise Revenankh/Fidgit

Metagross- Stratagem and Syclant do a good job on ones without Bullet Punch, otherwise Arghonaut and Pyroak.

Tyranitar-Arghonaut, Syclant, Revenankh and Stratagem all take it out.

Swampert- Revenankh, Stratagem, Pyroak and Arghonaut to an extent

Blissey- Pyroak, Arghonaut, Revenankh, and Syclant.

Gengar- Stratagem, Pyroak and Syclant manage to take it out(mostly stratagem).

Lucario- Arghonaut, Revenankh, Fidgit, Pyroak, and Stratagem all crush it.

Latias- Taken out by Syclant(not a OHKO)and Revenankh.

Jirachi- ScarfRachi hurts a lot, I can only try to get a sub up with Arghonaut on Iron Head and Focus Punch.

Azelf- Taken out by Strata, Pyroak, and Revenankh(since most have no psychic).

Starmie- Pyroak, Stratagem hurt it a lot.

This is my first RMT, enjoy.

Why no Stealth Rock? That's the first thing that hit me.

Ah, first one. No wonder there ain't that much on the post. Might wanna provide more info about the entire team as a whole itself.

Coronis

Impressively round
Ok, thanks. I never really had a problem with SR spikes was sufficient enough.
Do you think i should include a threat list?

Ok, thanks. I never really had a problem with SR spikes was sufficient enough.
Do you think i should include a threat list?
I see. But keep in mind that Spikes doesn't hit any airborne foes (and there's a lot of those) and takes more than one turn to make the damage from it count. In most games, I found SR always a better choice between the two.

And yes, a threat list would be a good idea.

Ok, the biggest threat I see so far is Jirachi. Primarily physical Choice Scarf versions. Except for Pyroak, they're all taken out easily by its dual stabs. Kitsunoh can help out a bit. He can replace Syclant (maybe we do have a point about his standing...) with either a Scarf for speed or the Life Orb for power. He has Ice Punch and U-turn as well.

You might want to look into Strata as being your lead. I haven't used him in the same fashion, but I hear from others that Stealth Rock on him is good.

A few things I noticed:

Revenakh and Syclant have too many EVs.

You have no stealth rock, which may be personal choice, but I'd still recommend it.

You have absolutely no answer to a dragon. Syclant can't come in freely on salamence, and won't OHKO latias. You probably need a steel, or at least something defensive (hippowdon).

EDIT: If you're intent on keeping it CAP only, then I suggest a more defensive Arghonaut spread, with Ice Punch to finish salamence.

You have absolutely no answer to a dragon. Syclant can't come in freely on salamence, and won't OHKO latias. You probably need a steel, or at least something defensive (hippowdon).
Uh, Revenankh is pretty bulky, and can take out Salamence with an unexpected Ice Punch(which 4.6% of Revvys run lol). Latias dies to Ice Punch/Shadow Punch.

The team itself looks pretty nice. I can't spot any definitive weaks, although you do have to rely on Stratagem to take out NP Azelf(maybe Pyroak?). Otherwise, good job.

You team has weakness to the most used pokemon on the CAP server, Metagross. AgilityGross can rip through this team once after 1 agility, your only line of deflecting him is Pyroak, but after he faints your just begging to be sweeped by Metagross. Metagross usually carries Zen Headbutt on the CAP server which is able to 2HKO Argho and OHKO this Rev set. Earthquake or Zen Headbutt can easily take out Fidgit, and Meteor Mash can wipe out Syclant and Gem. So I think you need to find a counter for Agility Gross.

The Best counter I could see you finding for Metagross is a t.wave inducer, probably Celebi, Jirachi or Latias. Latias is pretty amazing t.wave user.
Uh, Revenankh is pretty bulky, and can take out Salamence with an unexpected Ice Punch(which 4.6% of Revvys run lol). Latias dies to Ice Punch/Shadow Punch.

The team itself looks pretty nice. I can't spot any definitive weaks, although you do have to rely on Stratagem to take out NP Azelf(maybe Pyroak?). Otherwise, good job.
Yes, but he's not running the standard Rev set. He's running the CB set with no defensive EVs.

It can't really come in, and if a rev switches in on a salamence, I'd expect something may be up.

Without knowing the exact EV spread of Rev, I can't tell if a DDed Outrage would OHKO, but Outrage is certainly a 2hko. I assume Latias can also 2HKO Rev.

Hybrid, you did bring up a good point about Metagross. However, it can't switch in to Stratagem unless it likes dying from Flamethrower. Arghonaut wins if it has a Substitute up, since it can Recover stall afterward. Pyroak also checks it pretty well with Flare Blitz.

I've battled this team several times (and as you said, I designed the Syclant set) so before anyone shouts "gimmick" let me tell you that it works quite well.

The one problem I have with it is that you don't have Stealth Rock. Pyroak is a great Stealth Rocker, though it would have to go over Synthesis. Alternatively it can go on Fidgit over Spikes (or maybe Encore).

The one other thing is a slight change to Syclant's EVs. Hidden Power Fire means that you can't tie with other base 115s, so I recommend dropping the Speed down to 220 EVs, outrunning base 110s (or maybe 224 to beat standard defensive Starmie). Put the remainder into Special Attack. Also, you should probably use Ice Beam over Ice Punch. It has a teeny bit more power:

331 Atk vs 300 Def & 400 HP (75 Base Power): 117 - 138 (29.25% - 34.50%)
272 Atk vs 300 Def & 400 HP (95 Base Power): 121 - 144 (30.25% - 36.00%)

When you consider the fact that the metagame tends to prefer Physical defense, Ice Beam seems the better option.

It can't really come in, and if a rev switches in on a salamence, I'd expect something may be up.

Without knowing the exact EV spread of Rev, I can't tell if a DDed Outrage would OHKO, but Outrage is certainly a 2hko. I assume Latias can also 2HKO Rev.
but Rev can OHKO back, which means that mence and Latias lose every time. If Rev is in while Mence sets up, Rev wins. If Mence is unboosted, Rev wins. Mence needs to get a DD in to OHKO Rev with Outrage(calcs done).

Also, if Mence doesn't get a DD in, Syclant outspeeds and OHKOes with Ice Punch.

Pretty much, Mence only wins if it gets a DD in, and there's not many oppurtunities for it to switch in. If needed, Ice Shard could probably go somewhere on Syclant.

Salamence actually has enough opportunities to switch in. (Especially without Stealth Rocks)The first two guys are pretty much open doors for him to switch in and Dragon Dance. Argho too, if not behind a Sub, but he still has no Supereffective moves. Prediction can be done against Rev as well. If Rev is locked on the wrong move, another chance to Dragon Dance.

Ok, then what can happen is that Syclant can get a fully physical set (which allows him to tie with Azelf), and run Ice Shard>>HP Fire. Argho still does plenty against Scizor, so he isn't losing much coverage.

Coronis

Impressively round
Syclant doesn't, Revenankh's I made a mistake. As I said, after a DD Salamence really hurts this team.

So, what would be a better set for Syclant?
@Dan it was supposed to be 220 speed, typo.

but Rev can OHKO back, which means that mence and Latias lose every time. If Rev is in while Mence sets up, Rev wins. If Mence is unboosted, Rev wins. Mence needs to get a DD in to OHKO Rev with Outrage(calcs done).

Also, if Mence doesn't get a DD in, Syclant outspeeds and OHKOes with Ice Punch.

Pretty much, Mence only wins if it gets a DD in, and there's not many oppurtunities for it to switch in. If needed, Ice Shard could probably go somewhere on Syclant.
Do you understand the concept of counter at all? The point is, IT HAS TO SWITCH IN. If salamence gets 1 free turn (say against Pyroak, fidgit, arghonaut, and Rev locked into a different move) something WILL die, and the chance that you can revenge kill it after is tiny. I do not care about any situations were Rev is already in, as the only situation is a double switch which would be extremely rare to say the least.

There's still nothing to defend against Salamence.

Coronis

Impressively round
Sorry Billy, it was supposed to be 220, I have fixed that now.

Yes this team has problems against Mence, and I am open to suggestions. However, I will hardly ever use this team again, but if I do I will be glad of everyones help.

I know it's not the best team, but it is a fairly good team.

I know you seem to like spikes over SR, but since Salamence can really ruin you after a DD, SR might help you stop him. Another solution to Salamence would be to add ice shard to Syclant, or Ice Punch on Argho (which might require a different set). Also, you lack a scarfer, and only have one priority move, so your ability to stop scarfers and DDers is pretty low. Both Kitsunoh and Syclant can run a scarf set that outspeeds most other pokemon that boost speed after they do so, with moves, weather, or items. Both of them can use Ice attacks to stop Salamence. I know scarf Kitsunoh works great, I've never tried or seen scarf Syclant, but I don't see why not. I know other teams have been criticized for redundancy with Kitsunoh and Revenankh, but I don't they don't share any weaknesses, so really they are only offensively redundant, which is actually a good thing.

Without using a defensive Argho, you really have to rely on revenge killing Salamence. Without Stealth Rock, he can just switch out and come back later, so really SR means more than just 25% of his health.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not entirely sure how successful this team is, although I have played it numerous times. What seemed to bite you in the ass was that you absolutely had no dragon resist, and die to the most common forms of offense in CaP. Like Hybrid said, Metagross is running rampant these days and does a number to your team. Fortunately, Pyroak stops it. Apart from that, you will be wrecked after numerous switch ins, factoring in Stealth Rock to the point where it is hard to use Synthesis.

Oh, and don't run lead Syclant. I'm not particularly fond of Lead Fidgit, as it is a waste of it's potential IMO. You can run a suicide Strata, which would beat out most leads after a 2hko and lands you SR off the bat. Then you can run Spikes on Fidgit without changing much.

Apart from that, it's an all CaP team, which is a bit of a gimmick. To maximize your wins, at least pack a Kitsunoh over something to get a steel resist along with something that has many useful status immunities good resists. Scarfing it will allow you to switch into a Salamence using Dragon Dance and killing it off with Ice Punch. For this type of team, that's probably the best you'll get, so run Kitsunoh over something else.

I agree with Plus, Fidgit is a great Pokemon, it just doesn't make a good lead. You probably should use a Scarfsuno, and it probably has to go over Arghonaut. (Please not Syclant :( )

Yeah get Kitsunoh in somewhere so you don't lose to Scarf Togekiss spamming Air Slash and Agility/Meteor Mash / Zen Headbutt Metagross.

I'm not a fan of the Fidgit lead when pretty much every other lead you face is designed to have a favourable match up.

Well, naturally, just about any Fidgit should have max Speed +. However, it's more the fact the virtually every other popular lead beats it one-on-one.

Leads that Fidgit loses to, in order of popularity:

1. Azelf
2. Metagross
3. Jirachi
4. Swampert
5. Aerodactyl
6. Hippowdon
8. Bronzong
10. Heatran (Shuca)

Fidgit beats:

7. Infernape
9. Ninjask

Yeah, the odds are against Fidgit. Actually, looking at that list, Pyroak looks like a good lead. You could try using it in the first slot.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, naturally, just about any Fidgit should have max Speed +. However, it's more the fact the virtually every other popular lead beats it one-on-one.

Leads that Fidgit loses to, in order of popularity:

1. Azelf
2. Metagross
3. Jirachi
4. Swampert
5. Aerodactyl
6. Hippowdon
8. Bronzong
10. Heatran (Shuca)

Fidgit beats:

7. Infernape
9. Ninjask

Yeah, the odds are against Fidgit. Actually, looking at that list, Pyroak looks like a good lead. You could try using it in the first slot.
I disagree. Starmie lead is popularizing in usage in CaP, as well as the Stratagem lead in CaP. I also disagree with Bronzong beating Fidgit. All Bronzong can do is Stealth Rock, only to be Encored. I'm also skeptical to Shucatran, as Earth Power does not kill Fidgit, and if Shuca wanted to SR, then EP could 2hko with nothing on it. Scarf Jirachi is probably the scariest for Fidgit, as everything else Fidgit scares off with a 2HKO Earth Power. Fidgit barely beats Overheat Sashape, and Fire Blast Ape will kill off Fidgit as a lead.

I also disagree about leading with Pyroak. Many leads are designed for Trick and Explosion, two things that could severely cripple Pyroak and render Evil Lord useless against certain threats he has trouble with. He needs to actually consider that Pyroak is an important asset to this team, and you can't risk it in a game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Well, those were using the Smogon stats, but you're correct of course. However, Starmie and Stratagem both beat Fidgit as well. Also, I was assuming Bronzong was using Earthquake, and that Heatran would KO Fidgit. I was also a bit iffy when I said Fidgit beats Infernape.

Actually, I lead with a Pyroak a while ago, and it turns out, Pyroak can survive an Explosion from Azelf. But yes, Trick is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)