1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP and Showdown

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Zarel, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

I don't really have much to say here. All I have is a screenshot.

[​IMG]

/whistles

(This is a random battle team, in case any of you were otherwise going to criticize the team... <_< )
  2. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thank you very much for providing a way to implement CAPs!
  3. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lets have more babies
  4. dragonboy52

dragonboy52
    is a Contributor Alumnus

What Macle said
  5. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

good work.

can you explain how to implement CAPs or is that being saved until public beta?
  6. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Does this mean that moving sprites will be made for CAPs now? (please say yes)
  7. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is: Awesome.
    Talented artists willing, I think it'd be sweet.
  8. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

This is great.
  9. the dead mans oddysey

the dead mans oddysey

can someone please explain how to do this? it would help everyone,
  10. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

All will become apparent in time. aesoft is working on a browser-based Pokémon simulator, and the screenshot he posted demonstrates that he has included support for CAPs. When the simulator is released no doubt we will be able to implement them.
  11. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

HAVE MY BABIES TOO~
    This will be absolutely amazing~
    Thankyou so much!
  12. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Finally we can make CAPs again...

Also, I do recall one of the Tomohawk sprite submissions being animated. It would be interesting to see that happening more often or even regularly.
  13. Munhojun

Munhojun

Can't stop dreaming about how awesome this sim is going to be.
  14. Libelldra

Libelldra

agreed
  15. Spork

Spork

someone needs to animate tomohawk :)
  16. HD

HD

hell yes
  17. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Edit:

Found a way to export it as a reasonably high quality gif.
    [​IMG]

female, shiny, and backsprites coming on no particular schedule.
  18. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

GIF. As heavily compressed as possible. ;)
  19. Vaz

Vaz

Awesome, nice work man.
  20. Birkal

Birkal Now watch me tie it into a knot with my tongue
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

This looks phenomenal! I am highly anticipating Pokemon Showdown, and the fact that it will support CAP is incredible.

And that is intense, Cartoons! I checked out your sprite in comparison to other Pokemon sprites, and it moves even more fluidly than they do. Mega kudos for the job well done.

Thawk &amp; Charizard Animation Comparison (open)
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
  21. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Uh, that animated sprite is killer amazing. Cartoons is the man.
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

Hmm. I'll repeat what I said in PM: The Tomohawk animated sprite looks a bit flickery, and the open- and close-wing animations are nonexistent. Still, it's a good start. :)
  23. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I don't post in CAP at all, but I always like to follow the development process of all the cool Pokemon that emerge from this sub-forum, and right now I felt compelled to post here to say that that sprite Cartoons posted is just exquisite! I hope the little problem aesoft mentioned can be worked out, too.
  24. Spenstar

Spenstar

If animated Tomohawk works, can we implement animated sprites for the other CAPs? Or better yet, what we (I) wanted since we moved Smogon to the PO server: CAP battle cries! :D
  25. tennisace

tennisace Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

if you can make them, please, go ahead.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)