Data CAP ASB Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like this census. I think people love being the first or only person to have something, so not only is this interesting, but it also helps promote diversity in ASB. It is definitely worth continuing. I would also be willing to help out if help is needed.

Ok, I love this treath, and i wanted to help (since i have nothing better to do), so i wanted to add that from the last time the list was updated there has been:

(Up to post #2800)

+1 Frillish
+1 Gible
+1 Pinsir
+1 Scratchet
+1 Vodoll
+1 Piplup
+1 Purotooga
+1 Zubat
+1 Sewaddle
+1 Bidoof
+1 Breezi
+1 Weedle
+1 Chinchou
+1 Budew
+1 Rotom
+1 Venonat
+1 Karrablast
+1 Yamask
+1 Rhyhorn
+1 Torchic
+1 Rebble
+1 Stunky
+1 Lotad
+1 Skorupi
+1 Magnemite
+1 Lileep
+1 Shuckle
+1 Growlithe
+1 Aerodactyl
+1 Dunsparce
+1 Shellder
+1 Drilbur
+1 Zorua
+1 Totodile
+1 Tepig
+1 Dratini
+1 Glameow
+1 Makuhita
+1 Syclar
+1 Dwebble
+1 Corphish
+1 Charmander
+1 Nohface
+1 Gligar
+1 Smoochum
+1 Grimer
+1 Durant
+1 Scyther
+1 Solosis
+1 Hoppip
+1 Sandile
+1 Treeko
+1 Igglybuff
+1 Pawniard
+1 Poliwag
+1 Vulpix
+2 Tynamo
+2 Plicowatt
+2 Remoraid
+2 Nosepass
+2 Houndour
+2 Riolu
+2 Gastly
+2 Elekid
+2 Munchlax
+2 Murkrow
+2 Machop
+2 Togepi
+2 Monohm
+2 Ferroseed
+2 Revenankh
+2 Nidoran
+2 Swinub
+2 Staryu
+3 Larvitar
+3 Deino
+3 Aron
+3 Beldum
+4 Duskull
+4 Porygon
+5 Ralts (4F/1M)
+5 Eevee

this is really interesting, Eevee gets the throne of the most catched pokemon, but thanks to it being really unpredictable you really can't say which line will see the most eevees, maybe more espeons or flareons, but one of the most interesting things is seeing Gardevoir getting in the popularity train (with 4 female ralts and just one male one), and i'm pround to say i was included since Gardevoir has been my second favorite pokemon since forever (and his supporting movepool doesn't hurt either), Dusknoir's and Porygon's line continues to be very popular, both being defensive/offensive monsters and having some nice movepools, we might see more Metagross in ASB, and some more Aggrons (which happens to overcome his 4x weeknesses to place in a nice position), Deino's popularity is not surprise, claiming the title of the most popular 5 Gen pokemon (Tomo not included), and it's weird but Scratchet fever has vanished since only one was catched, weather starters were almost nowhere to be found until yesterday with the exception of larvitar, which is becoming incresingly popular (good thing all my psyquic pokes have a fighting move)

It's very nice to see the first Glameow, Igglybuff and Makuhita, and some really UU pokemons get some new members (like Bidoof's, Dunsparce's, Octillery's and Jynx's lines), seeing the brokenmons not getting a lot of new recluits is always nice, and as usual not many Gen 5 pokes were obtained, but some ferros and tynamos were encountered, diversity in ASB seems to be pointing in the right direction, also congratulations for the first hoppip

Little Question to all of you, how do you choose your pokes, do yo really choose the ones you like the most?, or you choose based on something? a type, abilities or movepool? sheer power?, this should let to some interesting answers

boooo, try to show off my individuality in one of my favorite pokes (Gardevoir) and everyone else has to copy me :p. I choose mostly based off movepool, but how much I like the aesthetics of the poke play a huge role as well.

EDIT: also good job Gerrard, updates are nice :)

I choose a lot based on looks and the fact that i love Psyquic type pokes, that's why my last catched pokes where Staryu, Beldum and Ralts (yeah i'll have a gradevoir too) which can put some screens andd support or plain rape everything hitting as hard as possible

Yes, Hoppip is gonna be so annoying now, passing through screen and his moves, yeah, well have some new interesting battles coming

you want to show individuality try a new poke, something no one, has like i did, i have the only Meowth :3

Thanks Gerard! I've been working on quite a bit of Census stuff, adding extra things and other stuff. I'll implement these changes in the spreadsheet I've been working on. (Expect a major update soon)

Btw, remember to keep track of which post you ended on. If you could edit that in somewhere, it would be helpful.

I choose my favourites, but I've also been looking at a theme team lately based around the book/musical Wicked. Hence why my Bagon is shiny.

Edit: Goddamnit I need something to be Nessarose...

Little Question to all of you, how do you choose your pokes, do yo really choose the ones you like the most?, or you choose based on something? a type, abilities or movepool? sheer power?, this should let to some interesting answers
Personally, it all started with my starters. I wanted to go for a fighting-type, a psychic-type and a dark-type. For dark-type, I really wanted Murkrow, but it cost 3 TC, so I could only have two starting mons (either that or get a lolweedle), so I picked Meditite to cover the other two types. For nicknames, for whatever reason, I decided to name them after Disney villains. Since then, I chose my mons based on whether or not there were any fitting Disney villains. In some cases, it was easy (eg, Ursula the Jellicent, Captain Hook the Arghonaut) but for some of my mons, I had to stretch a little. But now, I think Team Disney Villains is about done. 16 fully evolved mons, all with their merits, and most of the (imo) best Disney villains covered (and a couple of (imo) not-so-great ones but oh well).

Woot first Hoppip! Welcome to Trolling Hell, ASB!
did it first!

I choose based on what my team really needs, along with a few viable favorites (I'm planning to get Samurott, one of my favorites, and Voodoom, who is viable in Raids and Doubles [Krillowatt used Discharge!] and gives me a spare rock resist my team sorely wants)

My naming scheme somehow became F-themed. Not sure if I can keep that up, though I need something that doesn't contain profanity that would work as a nickname for an Energy Ball Jellicent...

I like to choose based on typing, I love psychic type and they have incredible suporting movepools most of the time (something i love) I like to lay a little defensively (good defensive stats always help) and using a lot of tricks so they fit right there, screens, reliable recovery, magic coat, all moves I love and most psyquics i have have them all (or will have them), their supporting capabilities and nice abilities is the second thing I choose, but for example something like scrafty, even if it fits my criteria is too ugly to choose, a good typing helps too, but most of the time i like someone with a great movepool and that actually looks good (togetic, dragonite, roserade), i'm against gengar since even if it's one of the best pokemons in every way is to mean for me, other ghost types are cool, but mostly i go for awesome supporting movepools and a way to not die (that's why most of my team is psyquic (future), normal and dragon (cause they are cool)).

Trolling is definetly a part of me so i'll probablyget a hoppip sometime or something like it, but playing tricks is the way i like to battle, still i think I need more water type, but the only screener with recovery is staryu, milotic will be mine (since i've love her since she was out), and something cute, Vaporeon and Slowbro probably

Still, i'm waiting for a tournament that gives away Celebi, i will definetly do everything to get him (i really love the pixies, Celebi, Jirachi and Mew)

I love to choose based on being weak to fighting...lol jk. Just a lot of my favorite pokemon all seem to be weak to it. I choose entirely based on aesthetics.

What you talking about, Tortferngator? :/ How does Blitzle troll?.

Anyways, how I pick my 'mons is based purely on favorites and type synergy. Although I also take use into account. I love Gengar, but everyone and their brother has one...
My names are somewhat random. Most of them are based on Greek, Judeo-Christian and Druidic mythology, but a few are thrown in as Pop-Culture references. It'd be easier to go on a name-by-name basis.

Dokuto- Comes from the Japanese word "Doku", meaning Poison. Fitting for a Bug/Poison.

Mr. Bubbles- From the game, Bioshock; Little Sisters refer to the Big Daddies as such. This was Lenneth's first Pokemon and her sole protector save for her brother, thus the name is analogous

Cyndi- Janelle Monae is a soul artist renowned for her albums "The Chase: Metropolis" and "The Archandroid"; the album is a modern opera about a cyborg named Cyndi Mayweather in the distant future escaping prejudice and execution. This plot is similar to the book, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", you can fill the dots from there...

Black Swan- From the recent movie about an insane ballerina. Froslass treats every battle like a performance in the vein of the Shakespeare line about all the world being a stage.

Eclipse- Honchkrow is a large, black crow; it's pretty easy. If you want a reference, then the summon from the Golden Sun series of the same name is a giant dragon, so...?

Iseria- I'm not sure if this name has underlying meanings, but I got it form the Super-Boss, Iseria Queen, in the Star Ocean and Valkryie Profile games.

King Malboro- Ask anyone who has ever played a Final Fantsy game...

Persephone- Demeter's (Greek Goddess of the Harvest/Seasons) daughter who was stolen by Hades to be his unwilling queen in Tartarus. Litwick looks like a very pissed off/depressed ghost in most pics, so... yeah.

Titania- From A Midsummer's Night Dream (and Druidic mythos, I believe); the queen of the fairies. Roserade is a very elegant Pokemon, and fairies are usually tied to nature.

Goliath- Giant from the Bible. Nidoking=Bad-Ass Giant... Thing.

Boreas- Greek God of the North Wind, i.e. the cold. I shouldn't have to explain this one, lol.

Florence- Florence and the Machine, maybe? No real connection to Reuni, but then again, it's really hard to name a fetus-homunculus creature.

Iris- A kind of flower and the Greek Goddess of rainbows. The adorable pink Jumpluff looks like it would just bleed rainbows. :D

if we count everyone's new worms then we get:

+7 Weedle
+4 Caterpie
+1 Wurmple (jaja i'm the only one with one of those)

Yeah i don't think they should be really counted either...

I third that. As they're all going to Charmander (who is quitting, assuming all his mons get traded he's basically reverting to a no-battles player)...

Odd thing, now there are more worms to be approved than number of Charmander mons, so i guess we should count the ones that doesn't end up in his acount, since those will definetly have to be keep, at least some new pokes will se the light of day

You should keep a running tab of the total Pokemon lines, Gerard. As in, the next update do a repeat of the first post after adding all the accumulated 'mons to it. It's just kind of confusing to find all the added Pokemon in the posts by Terrador and you... -_-'

Yeah, there are a crap-load of Weedles and stuff that won't be used, I also don't think they should count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)