• Lightwolf

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ASB HIGHLIGHT MATCH
HLM #3 | WEEK OF 23 / 11 / 2011

Welcome, one and all, to the greatest bi-weekly spectacle of ASB talent: the ASB Highlight Match! Highlight matches pit two of the top ASB players against each other for all to see! These matches will test the skills of the players chosen, and will give us a chance to see who comes out on top! Best of all, YOU are the one who gets to choose the participants! That's right, you will be voting on who gets to play who in these matches. It's a fun time for both the players and the spectators. You don't want to miss this battle, folks!

BATTLE RULES/REWARDS

The format for each battle will always be different (save Disqualification rules). It will always follow the normal battle formatting rules, which are as follows:

BATTLE NAME:

Format:
Style:
Chills/Recovery:
Disqualification: 1 Day DQ / 2 Day Ref DQ
Switch Rules:
Item Rules:
Ability Rules:
Arena:

SPECIAL CONDITIONS:

ADDITIONAL RULES:
  • Only evolved Pokemon are allowed unless stated otherwise in the specific battle.
  • A Highlight Match will always be one person against one person. That means no melee battles or tag battles.
  • This match does NOT count as a normal battle. That means it does not go against the current three battle maximum AND does not count as a win or a loss on a record.
Prizes consist of normal battle counters (that's 2 TC per trainer and 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC and any gained KO Counters per participating Pokemon). The winner receives 2 universal KO counters to spend as well and, of course, will be recorded as a Highlight Match winner!

Match #3: 11/23/2011

BATTLE NAME: Pokeswap

Format: 3v3
Style: Singles
Chills/Recovery: 2 chills / 5 recoveries
Disqualification: 1 Day DQ / 2 Day Ref DQ
Switch Rules: KO
Item Rules: On
Ability Rules: All
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

SPECIAL CONDITIONS: After both team are sent in, one Pokemon will be randomly chosen from each player's team and be switched for a randomly chosen Pokemon belonging to the other player. Players MUST attach items to each individual Pokemon when they send in their team.
Previous Battles
Deck Knight vs. Rising_Dusk, Match 1 (The Bond of Friendship)
Flora vs. Engineer Pikachu, Match 2 (K.I.S.S)​

Poll 2

Our first battler is zarator. Now, you may vote for who you would like to see battle him. You may vote for as many battlers as you would like.

Our referee is Rediamond. You may still apply to subref.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I would welcome a chance to subref; I feel like my skills have become adequete for such a taskas long as I never ref sleep-deprived ever again.

I voted for Alchemator, who I feel has a very strong and (more importantly) coherent team, and is quite evenly matched with Zarator.

I put my money behind Athenodoros; he's got a strong, well-balanced team that can fare adequately against the ghosties (and he's not a bad battler to boot ^_^)

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jeez why am I currently leading in this poll.

If you guys want to see an interesting battle involving me (a.k.a. one which isn't terribly one-sided) then I think you will vote for others.

E: Apologies to all my fans those who voted for me -- hopefully I'll be back in the polls next time around!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Is there anyone with a way to give us Alch supports our votes back? or just move them to Athenodoros that works too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)