[CAP ASB] Test Battle: Deck Knight vs. Alchemator (Ref: smashlloyd20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an enjoyable read and I await the next battle with great anticipation.

My only nitpick (and tbh this one is really really nitpicky) is that in one of the posts it said Zangoose's Poison Heal ability took effect, but isn't it Poison Rampage?

This was an enjoyable read and I await the next battle with great anticipation.

My only nitpick (and tbh this one is really really nitpicky) is that in one of the posts it said Zangoose's Poison Heal ability took effect, but isn't it Poison Rampage?
No, Poison Rampage is something added this gen iirc (we've had itw since gen 3/4, I think).

Suggesting a compilation of arenas. Otherwise, the arena chooser can simply pick a stage with odds in his favor, or a stage that would destroy the opponent.
Smashlloyd is right but a compilation might be a good idea for newbies who need help describing an arena.

Not really, you can do pretty much any arena you want. Might not be a good idea to do a zero-gravity arena on your first battle, though. And find a good ref to ref a battle like that.

That was awesome.

I never imagined that something like this ever existed until yesterday, when I stumbled upon this. I can't wait for it to start; any estimates on when that'll happen?

I have one burning question, though: can the combatants see each others' action submissions for each round? Not that I don't trust you guys--I have no reason not to; we're not playing Mafia--but isn't there some way of keeping that closer to the vest?

Visible moves or not, when this launches, I'll be in a tent by the registration counter, looking to claim a Mudkip. Cuz whu duzent liek Mudkipz?

We liek Mudkip yayaya.

I think the estimated launch is somewhere around Valentine's Day.

And yes, you can see your opponent's action submissions. As you can imagine this gives the person going second an advantage, so the battlers switch order order each round.

Hey guys!
*shot*
So anyways, I'm not dead... at the moment, anyways.

Awesome battle, looking forwards to the release... and I'm sorry for being rather inactive earlier...

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
That was a pretty interesting battle.

One question: will there be any "standard" rules or clauses for this tournament, and if so, what are they?

I somehow completely missed this whole Smogon ASB thing for the months it's been taking shape - probably because I don't visit this forum often.

I've done some ASBing before, and the main problem with it was the massive amounts of time it took to get anything done. The pacing of this battle was nice and quick, though. As long as people stay active, hopefully battles shouldn't take several months to finish.

When this gets going, I'd certainly be interested in both battling and reffing!

I know that this is very early on and what not, but glancing over Serebii's forums, there are Gym leaders and such. I was wondering if you guys planned to implement something like that (if not immediately) in the future?

Also, is it possible to run multiple battles simotaneously/ref one game and play another? I would assume so, but I was just wondering what you guys decide is best.

Edit: I dont know if you have it set or missed it, but I couldnt find the costs for upgrading the movepool via the paticular ways mentioned.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
General questions:

Release Date:

I've PM'd Doug and I'm hoping I can get a Subforum set up. In the meantime I have to finish updating the CAP Data. There are other avenues I have on backup as well. I'm shooting for Valentine's Day but the subforum would be much, much more helpful so I'll be keeping all lanes open.

Arenas:

Arenas are basically limited to your imagination, but we could compile a few standard ones here and there over time.

Gym Leaders/E4 etc.:

Like a lot of the RPing shops, these will be sorted out later. My current thought is holding type tournaments to determine the GLs, but otherwise this is something that will be set up later in the league. It really depends on the playerbase and game speed, things I'll be trying to balance in the future to make this a reality. I think with this system it brings GLs closer to the average trainer.

FinnRagetti said:
Also, is it possible to run multiple battles simotaneously/ref one game and play another? I would assume so, but I was just wondering what you guys decide is best.
The system is designed to move at a faster pace than other ASBs, which usually have a 2 battle limit. We might up it to 3 at a time, and you can ref as many as you like, though not to the detriment of reffing quality.

Edit: I dont know if you have it set or missed it, but I couldnt find the costs for upgrading the movepool via the paticular ways mentioned.
It's in the Data Auditing Thread. I'll repost it here:

Move Counter: Each time a Pokemon enters battle, their Move Counter goes up by one. Move Counters are used to add new moves to your Pokemon. Here are the costs associated with Move Counters:

1: Any Level-Up Move the Pokemon learns in any generation.
2: A BW TM.
3: An Egg Move the Pokemon learns in any generation.
4: A 4th Gen or earlier TM, Tutor, or Special Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)