1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP Metagame Analysis Workshop

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by sbc, Nov 5, 2008.

1. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

I just linked the guide into the reference sticky, and locked the guide thread. If you need to update the thread, just ask me or a forum mod to unlock it.

Thank you SkarmBlissCounter and all the people who contributed to this guide. This is probably the most important reference document in the entire CAP project, besides the Process Guide. I'm so excited that it is finally complete! I read the entire thing, and learned a lot. I can only imagine how helpful this will be for those completely new to CAP battling.

THANK YOU!
  2. sbc

sbc

No problem at all, and again thank you for being patient.
  3. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Cool, it looks like a great way for people to make a start in the CaP meta.

Read through it and found a few nitpicks:

Syclant's counters:
    With Earth Power now viable on the TG set some of its older counters (ScarfTran, Metagross) are lees useful, however a couple of new ones are now workable. I would suggest putting Bullet Punch after Metagross, maybe removing scarftran and adding Regice and Snorlax.

Oak's counters: Maybe add Strata? Toxic is a little annoying but strata never lasts long for me anyway.

From Rev's How do you stop it? section:
    Should be "neutral" to fighting.

From Fidgit's How do you stop it? section:
    The "especially when without Wish" sounds a little wrong to me. Maybe not though..

From Strata's How do you stop it? section:
    Should probably be 394 speed. Just to make it a little clearer.

From Rev's Incorporating the CAP Pokemon into your team section
    Probably best to take out Shaymin-S

And maybe a section for CaP specific movesets for non-CaP Pokemon? Things like ZHCBGross or HP Fly Dos. There a probably a good number of them.

Nice job DN.

Edit: You changed your name!
  4. sbc

sbc

Yeah, 'twas a bit outdated, man I've been here for almost 4 years. Wow.

When Arghonaut is play tested I think I'll add those edits since it's locked/stickied now. I think people know what I'm trying to say. Bah, if you told me 5/6 hours before hand...
  5. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yea, sorry about that.. but all of those are pretty minor so it should not matter too much.

What about the CaP specific sets for other Pokemon idea?

mm.. maybe I should change my name some time.. get some caps..
  6. sbc

sbc

don't think there are too many that haven't been mentioned.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)