CAP Metagame Community Create-a-Team [Round 6 Submissions]

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Congratulations to Deck Knight for winning with 5 votes! Exclaimer and NitrousAcid came in second with a tie of 4 votes!

You may now begin submissions for the second Pokemon! Keep in mind that the second Pokemon should complement Togekiss and Togekiss should complement the second Pokemon, which will form a sustainable core.

You have until 6PM (GMT-6) on Tuesday the 24th of May to submit your set!

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 220 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Alright, lets see how this goes.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Aerial Ace
This set greatly appreciates the luring of stuff such as Tomohawk and Rotom-W, and especially Colossoil. Togekiss being able to handle a lot of things that Aqua Tail is usually needed to hit well like Colo allow for some more flexibility in the moveset, and running Earthquake lets Aero deal with many poison types, such as being able to OHKO M-Crucibelle and 2HKO/OHKO with rocks defensive Plasmanta (it OHKOs offensive), which both give Togekiss problems, although it cannot switch in on either.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Looking at our Togekiss set so far, we're working with an offensive lure, so we're probably going to want to add a good SR setter at some point. Tank Garchomp fits the bill here and has some nice synergy with Togekiss, covering several of its weaknesses. Garchomp can lead, but it doesn't have to; it can be kept around to check Pokemon like Mega Crucibelle and Talonflame later in the match, which are both fairly threatening to our Togekiss set seeing as they can set up on or revenge kill it. Garchomp does stack an Ice weakness with Togekiss, but hey, that's nothing a good Steel-type won't be able to fix.

snake

CAP Co-Leader

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Looking at our Togekiss set so far, we're working with an offensive lure, so we're probably going to want to add a good SR setter at some point. Tank Garchomp fits the bill here and has some nice synergy with Togekiss, covering several of its weaknesses. Garchomp can lead, but it doesn't have to; it can be kept around to check Pokemon like Mega Crucibelle and Talonflame later in the match, which are both fairly threatening to our Togekiss set seeing as they can set up on or revenge kill it. Garchomp does stack an Ice weakness with Togekiss, but hey, that's nothing a good Steel-type won't be able to fix.
Why sparktrain
Why did you have to snipe me
Why...
;-;

Anyways, TankChomp is probably one of the better options for Togekiss, as it lures in Tomohawk and Rotom-W, which our Togekiss can beat. Additionally, Garchomp is a good Knock Off punisher, as Togekiss doesn't want to lose its Life Orb. Toxic might be nice if Garchomp though, as it wears down its checks for Togekiss or another teammate to handle...

SHSP, the problem with Mega Aero is that you stack all of Togekiss's weaknesses bar Poison with it. Offensively Mega Aero is great with Togekiss, but defensively I don't see it working so well.

I might make a submission, but since my original post was going to be TankChomp, I might just back sparky.

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer
- Coil

Since Kiss is supposed to act as a lure, I thought it'd do well to pair it with something that can take advantage of things like Ferrothorn, Scizor and Cyclohm being gone. Hence Cruci.

Head Smash and Gunk Shot because duh. I went with a Coil set to take full advantage of Kiss luring and removing the Steel-types that generally stop Coil Crucibelle cold for a shot at a late-game sweep instead. Flamethrower on Togekiss means Crucibelle can afford to rock Wood Hammer over Low Kick to have a better shot at beating Hippowdon, Quagsire, Rotom Wash, and other assorted Grounds and Waters. This does mean that the two-mon core will struggle with Jirachi, Metagross and like Navi idk, but there are still four other slots I guess.

Additionally, Kiss provides a much-appreciated Ground immunity for Cruci to fall back on in times of need, as well as doing pretty damn well against Garchomp. Conversely, Crucibelle provides a 4x resistance to the Poison attacks that Kiss loathes. Speaking of poisons, it cockblocks Mollux and can switch into the random Tricks and Toxics that Kiss dislikes. And while Ice-types aren't too common, it can at least do a number to Exclaimer's Kyurem every once in a while. Too bad it doesn't cover Electrics and Rocks as well =(

Krilowatt @ Focus sash
Ability: Magic guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Heart Swap
- Discharge
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Holding a Life orb, Togekiss will need opportunities to use Roost. Krilowatt can create them by luring Ground- and Grass-types like Colossoil and give a free switch to Togekiss. In return, Krilowatt can handle Ice and Steel attacks aimed at Togekiss.
But that's not the only use of that Wobbuffet-like Krilowatt. It can revenge kill almost everything, including boosted pokemons such as Cawmodore or Dragon dancers, with more HPs than Giratina. It's sure to take full advantage of its focus sash thanks to Magic guard, which allows it to kill at least one foe. Shortly, it fulfils the same role as Wobbuffet except its speed, Magic guard and Thunder wave.

Counter's and Mirror coat's use is obvious, Discharge is here if Krilowatt can't do anything better than hitting, with a good chance of paralysing. After having killed a threat or two, it can use Thunder wave before dying if it outspeeds the foe. Heart swap can possibly replace T-wave to steal boosts, but I think T-wave is more useful. Toxic is possible too.
It could be played with leftovers and EVs in Def or SpDef, but it would lose its ability to counter boosted foes that can OHKO it without the Focus sash.

I wrote "almost everything", because Krilowatt can't do anything to pokemons that resist its STAB and can heal themselves (such as defensive Cyclohm or Pyroak) while not doing enough damages to die on Counter/Mirror coat. Togekiss can kill Cyclohm and Pyroak anyway...

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like Tank-Chomp too but I'm going to offer a competing Rock Setter for review, Modified Set SpD Heatran:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

• Heatran is often forgotten, but it is one of the best Stealth Rock setting Pokemon around. It does not share any weaknesses with Togekiss, is immune to Poison and 4x-resists Steel and Ice type attacks that threaten Togekiss. It also provides the team a general Flying resist and Fairy resist, and this bulkier set makes it a great pivot into and out of Togekiss for many threats. Togekiss in turn can switch into Ground and Fighting attacks that threaten Heatran.
  • Lava Plume is STAB and allows Heatran to spread burns.
  • Earth Power is selected to threaten the powerful Poison-type Pokemon that threaten Togekiss like Mollux (counters), Plasmanta (counters), and Crucibelle (partial check - neither can OHKO the other unboosted).
  • Taunt is one of the least prepared-for moves in the CAP metagame, shutting down many common Stall Pokemon and allowing Heatran to stop a dangerous incoming set-up Pokemon. Many of CAP's threats are slow, bulky Pokemon with recovery moves like Synthesis, which a faster Taunt will shut down.
  • As mentioned before, Heatran is a great Stealth Rock setter for any team as it can consistently set the hazard up and its near-immunity to residual damage makes setting up SR difficult to punish.
  • Standard EVs allow Heatran to take nuetral special attacks easily, 68 Speed EVs place Heatran at 207 Speed, which outruns uninvested Tomohawk and the 20 Spe standard investment on Mega Venusaur.

Combined with Togekiss the team will have a ready immunity pivot to Dragon, Ground, Poison, and Fire moves, which is not a bad start.

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk /20 Def/136 SpD/100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Colossoil is basically one of the best Offensive and Defensive partners a Togekiss could ask for. Colossoil destroys all the Electric, Rock, Steel, and Poison types that try to take advantage of Togekiss. Their only shared weakness is Ice, and Colossoil's extreme Special bulkiness means that really only Mamoswine and Syclant can take advantage of that. The best part is that the Scizors that would come in and bully the both of them actually fall to Togekiss's Flamethrower. Togekiss, meanwhile, destroys most Grass types that get to push around Soils without U-Turn. It beats Tomohawks that would otherwise wall Soil completely. It doesn't mind taking a U-Turn, or at least not as much as Soil minds taking one.

Colossoil is a great Hazard remover for the team, which is important because we aren't actually a Defog variant of Togekiss. Guts punishes players for tossing statuses at the Togekiss, and Togekiss is pretty bad against nearly every status in the game. Sucker Punch somewhat compensates for the lack of Speed control our team has because we don't have T-Wave on the Kiss. Most of the mons that beat Kiss and aren't the Steel types we're trying to bait with the Flamethrower are special, which means that Soil walls them. Really, you can't ask for a better Togekiss partner.

20 Defense lets you beat Crucibelle even if it has Wood Hammer, 100 Speed lets it outspeed Excadrill outside of the sand.

Last edited:

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Just wanted to hop on and write a couple of comments :)

7evy, your Krilowatt set, while not horribly gimmicky, is not reliable. You're certainly free to change your set, but I'm not slating your set as it is now.

NumberCruncher, run 20 Defense EVs to avoid the OHKO from Mega Crucibelle's Wood Hammer :)

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Voting begins now! You have 48 hours to vote! Here are your options:

SHSP's All Out Attacker Mega Aerodactyl
sparktrain's TankChomp
YellowAdminSilver's Coil Mega Crucibelle
Deck Knight's Modified SpD Heatran
NumberCruncher's Assault Vest Colossoil

Vote with one of the bolded options; be sure to read through the posts before voting!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
NumberCruncher's Assault Vest Colossoil

I'm pretty sold on NumberCruncher's Colossoil set; they both compliment each other very well.

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Congratulations to sparktrain for winning with 6 votes! NumberCruncher came in a close second with 5 votes.

You may now begin submissions for the third Pokemon! This Pokemon should be able to close off any weaknesses of Togekiss and Garchomp, finishing out a core.

You have until 6PM (GMT-6) on Tuesday the 31th of May to submit your set!

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 220 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

I won't post a mon yet, but I figured it'd be helpful to discuss our team so far and what sorts of teammates we could be looking at for the remaining slots.

First and foremost, both Togekiss and Garchomp are weak to Ice, and will generally be forced out by the likes of Syclant and Weavile, so we're going to need a solid check to those Pokemon. We should also keep in mind fast Pokemon that run Hidden Power Ice (namely Stratagem and several Electric-types) since they can threaten the core as well. A Mega Diancie check will also be needed at some point since Togekiss is basically a free switch-in for it, and Garchomp is KOed by Moonblast with a little prior damage. With these tidbits in mind, it seems like a Steel-type would be an excellent choice for a third member to help round out our current core, forming a Steel/Fairy/Dragon core. I do have a few ideas in mind, but I'm going to wait before I post a set this time around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)