Kitsunoh @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Strike
- Defog
- U-turn

• We know how Kitsunoh acts as the Defogger for a typical CAP team.
  • It can be proven to be useful in this team, as Gardevoir and Garchomp may come with some weaknesses they can't counter. For example, if a player planned on running any Steel-Type, Ice-Type, or any move on a pokemon that can check Togekiss and Garchomp, then you can switch out to Kitsunoh so then as it is resistant to these type of moves, these moves wouldn't affect the Kitsunoh at all.
  • There are times in which players have some win-con that are physical attackers. I ran Kitsunoh with speed EVs so then if the pokemon wasn't boosted, I could be able to Will-o-Wisp the Win-Con (but be aware of Chansey, Blissey, or any other Heal Bell users) so then it can't be able to attack physically, as its attack power is halved.
  • Another reason Kitsunoh needs Speed EVs is because that there are times in which it is unable to face a certain type of pokemon, and if I ran a Special Defensive, Defensive set, or any set which doesn't include Speed EVs, couldn't save it from getting OHKO'ed, 2OHKO'ed, etc. at some point. U-Turn is a great set to run to leave some damage to the opposing pokemon and to prepare a strategy of what to use during the battle.
  • Shadow Strike is a really good set to run on Kitsunoh as it is a STAB move, and is really useful in lowering the defense of a pokemon that is really hard to face as it is a wall or a bulky pokemon (though the chances of lowering the defense are really low).

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

• This Mega Metagross set checks most of the counters of the Togekiss/Garchomp core, able to easily overpower ice types like sash weavile after a stealth rock from garchomp with bullet punch.
  • Syclant can be countered via one bullet punch or meteor mash, if it isn't sashed, though it needs to watch out for earth power variants
  • Stratagem can be defeated with a Bullet Punch after one stealth rock from garchomp, though if going for meteor mash, it may have a problem with flamethrower
  • Meteor Mash can be used for combating other togekiss and fairy types, which may prove problematic for garchomp
  • Bullet Punch can OHKO mega diancie
  • Crucibelle, which is a huge problem to Togekiss, can be countered by Earthquake if it has not already gained the mega speed boost, though Mega Crucibelle at large won't be able to do much to stop it.
  • Cyclohm and Colossoil can prove a bit problematic, though Togekiss can counter them
  • Electric types in general can be countered with Earthquake
  • Tomohawk can 2HKOed with Zen Headbutt.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As it happens, Heatran just cracks everything we want to beat in two. It outspeeds and OHKOs Ice types with Overheat. It outspeeds Mega Manetric and Mega Lopunny and OHKOs thanks to our Timid Nature and 228 investment in speed. Unlike regular Heatrans, this variant can outspeed things like Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham that could just carry Ice Punch and kill on a lure. It also creates an interesting dynamic with Chomp to create a Stealth Rocks mind game, where you can bluff the offensive Garchomp by presenting Heatran as a possible Special Defensive Rocker. Note we don't actually have Rock coverage on this Heatran, because Garchomp can function as a Talonflame check, freeing up a slot to beat both fast Electric types like Manetric and fast Dragons like the Lati twins.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was also thinking of submitting an HP-Ice ScarfTran, but NumberCruncher beat me to the punch.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
So for those of us who want a more balanced feel:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Jirachi provides paralysis and Wish support, which slows down foes so even Togekiss and Garchomp and outspeed. Jirachi's Steel typing and special defense investment allows Jirachi to tank Ice Beams, Blizzards, Moonblasts, Pixilate Hyper Voices, and Draco Meteors that Togekiss and Garchomp fear.

I like ScarfTran a little better, but I wanted to submit something...

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Garchomp can easily handle Steel/Poison/Electric types and Togekiss can easily come in on the majority of Ground/Grass types; as well as Flamethrower a bunch of slower Steel types for SE damage. Being able to out speed Krilowatt is pretty important for these two. Mega Diancie is great for this core as it really appreciates the speed and power Mega-Diancie has, while Mega Diance benefits from Garchomp's ability to beat Steel types plus Togekiss' Grass resistance and Ground immunity.

Diance @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Naive
Evs: 8 Att / 248 SpA / 252 spe
-Moonblast
-Diamond Storm
-HP Fire / Earth Power
-Protect

Last edited:
I love powering through stuff so I'll post this baby that will probably get zero votes lol. I'm also kind of sick rn, and my explanation isnt on par. Maybe I'll edit it later.

Durant@ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X Scissor
- Rock Slide

This is your offensive weapon obviously. This breaks though a lot of common pokemon, such as Chansey, Clefable(without fire blast), Kyurem-B, and Regular Crucibelle. Rocky Chomp handles Crucibelle and most fire types that threaten Durant. More to come...

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Sorry I'm late, but voting begins now! You have (about) 48 hours to vote! Here are your options:

Mighty Sciz's Wispy Kit
Amitghosh's Mega Metagross
NumberCruncher's Scarf Heatran
snake_rattler's Specially Defensive Jirachi
Old_Gregg's Mega Diancie
JigglykongisFUM16's Choice Band Durant

Vote with one of the bolded options; be sure to read through the posts before voting!

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Congratulations to NumberCruncher for winning with 5 votes! Amitghosh came in a close second with 4 votes.

You may now begin submissions for our fourth Pokemon! Feel free to discuss what our team needs even without posting a set!

You have until 6PM (GMT-6) on Tuesday the 7th of June to submit your set!

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 220 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Right now our team has a few basics down for a core, but nothing that really has any longevity, and it's not really built like hyper offense. To help with that I'm thinking we add a Pokemon with either Rapid Spin, Defog, or Wish to address that. One of my favorites when I need a Pokemon that can pass a Wish, and one that will fit in with this team is Vaporeon. I think our team has enough Immunities where we don't need Baton Pass to safely pass a Wish, so the support move to round out the set is a choice between Roar as an additional phazer or Heal Bell to remove bad status. We don't want Scarftran paralyzed, we'd like to avoid Burn or Toxic on Tankchomp so it can repeatedly phaze, and Vaporeon doesn't like Toxic that much itself so Heal Bell seems the better fit.

Vaporeon brings a Water immunity to the team, can scout choice attackers who will really hate a team with so many immunities, it offers additional physical bulk, and the electric and grass attacks it draws in are handled by Garchomp and Heatran/Togekiss respectively. Vaporeon is also a hard wall to Keldeo, which threatens TankChomp and Scarftran. Keldeo tends to run HP Ground instead of HP Electric or HP Grass in the CAP Meta, in large part thanks to Mollux and Plasmanta, threats to Vaporeon that Heatran and Garchomp can already address.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

So I'm suggesting scizor.
Firstly, scizors bulk + uturn is really nice for the team, in which it allows you to get momentum on things that would normally threaten it out, for example pyroark, and then gives you a practically free switch into heatran. It also provides a more defensive check to things which threaten the team like diancie.

Secondly, scizor provides you with a way to remove hazards which is beneficial for the team as it allows you to play more aggressive with your heatran and togekiss as it increases their longevity.

Speaking of longevity, scizor has roost and isn't punished by knock off as bad as togekiss thus providing your team with a much more effective collossoil switchin.

The evs on scizor allow it a better chance to potentially 2hko 252hp / 252 def clefable (unaware) after stealth rock damage and a 81.3% chance to ohko stratagem after sr/lo.

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Voting begins now! You have (about) 48 hours to vote! Here are your options:

Deck Knight's Heal Bell Vaporeon
Drapionswing's Defog Scizor

Vote with one of the bolded options; be sure to read through the posts before voting!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)