CAP Metagame Community Create-a-Team [Round 6 Submissions]

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Neither help with our manectric problem but I do like our options.

Vaporeon provides a hyper compressed role which is nice since we occupy a lure where Togekiss could hold Heal Bell. But I also do feel it makes it much more obvious that we don't have heal bell making it much more obvious that we also have either TWave, NP, or or flamethrower. The water immune is also cool since it can check Keldeo.

Scizor provides Defog (something Deck Knight said would be nice) and provides momentum which is something we don't have. It also sernergizes well with the rest of our team defensively. I think the advantages shift more in Scizors favor which is why I'll vote for it.

Also I feel doing all of that puts too much pressure on vap to do its job properly

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Congratulations to Deck Knight for winning with 5 votes!

You may now begin submissions for our fifth Pokemon! Feel free to discuss what our team needs even without posting a set!

You have until 6PM (GMT-6) on Thursday the 16th of June to submit your set.

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 220 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

We lack a Cawmodore check, our team is slow, and it is weak to Stratagem and Mega Manectric. Keep these points in mind when you submit!

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin

Standard Assault Vest Colossoil. Colossoil pairs well with Togekiss as it can threaten Tomohawk, Skarmory, Pyroak and Ferrothorn while Colossoil provides hazard clearance and can beat several Pokemon that threaten Togekiss such as Mollux, Plasmanta, and Heatran. Colossoil also serves as the check for Stratagem and Mega Manectric and pairs well with Vaporeon as Colossoil can be healed via its Wish which increases its longevity and is therefore able check threats for longer. Colossoil does stack Ground-typing but this isn't too much of an issue as Ground's weaknesses are covered very well with this team.

Malaconda @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Glare
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Thought I might put a more underrated Pokemon in.

Even though this IS balance, speed is still nice. And at the moment, Heatran is the only Pokemon who really puts in a lot of speed in the team, which I don't really like. Along with this, we lack some key things like Knock Off, a Spinner, a check to Pokemon like Stratagem and speed control. Whilst I agree Cawmodore is a problem, he can still be handled by Pokemon like Heatran, although he does require some predictions to do just that. Therefore, I find we're better going Malaconda with all the offensive and defensive support, ts the perfect bridge for our FWG core, defensive enough for Vaporeon, but offensive enough for Heatran. If we do this I feel like we can really push the boat out in our last slot and check anything else that seems to be looking funny

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
snake_rattler
So this thread kind of fell to the wayside. It's time to resurrect it, and I have the perfect mon. We still haven't used our Mega Slot, and I think it's time we do. I know this would be a way late submission but hey whatevs.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

What does Lopunny do for our team? It provides a lot of speed, some priority, can Mega-Evolve safely and dole out damage with Fake Out, and it cares very little about most of the metagame threats. We have a large number of defensive pivots with immunity abilities, a cleric, and right now we need a Pokemon that can take a bite out of opponents. If we select Lopunny, our last slot can go to a Spinner or Defogger, but I believe at this moment the most important priority is to provide some offensive pressure that doesn't appreciably increase our weaknesses. Togekiss easily switches into Fighting-type attacks, Garchomp, Heatran, and Vaporeon wall Talonflame to hell, and while we have to be more careful around Mega Pinsir, Heatran resists Aerilate attacks and has to catch it on an EQ. Pinsir can't switch into Lopunny either unless it's on Power-up Punch or HJK. M-Lop also has enough SpD to vie for the speed tie without getting KO'd by Mega Man and it's outright faster than Stratagem.

Last edited:

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
With this resurrection, I'll provide some competition for that Mega slot.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Moveset:
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
Scizor takes care of a few things for this team, most notably providing the team with a consistently good STAB priority move, a boosting offensive threat, momentum rebuilding, and key offenses/defenses for true threats to this team. A strong U-Turn user especially would be a great addition to this team, considering its bulky offensive nature and reliance on type advantage. In addition to providing something that can take care of Stratagem (bar a Fire Blast prediction) and provides pseudo-Speed to the team, this Mega Scizor also takes care of even more potential threats to the current team that have not been mentioned, specifically Kyurem-B with Earth Power and LO Weavile. Scizor's lone Achilles' Heel doesn't look like much of a weakness when two members of the team resist Fire and a third is powered up by it. Meanwhile, the Fairy (Togekiss loses 1 on 1 to CM Clefable), Ice, and Steel resists come in handy for Togekiss. While Scizor doesn't touch Cawmodore, it can lure it in and U-Turn out to ScarfTran, which out-speeds and OHKO's. Mega Manectric might switch in, but doesn't appreciate taking 30% damage minimum from U-Turn every time it does, plus SR damage.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Young Dog.
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Suggesting mega mane as the team needs a Cawmodore check. Mega mane also provides the team with a way to offensively pressure water types which are still quite a threat to the team. Fast Volt switch providing us with some nice momentum which the currently slow team would appreciate. It pairs well with togekiss as stuff that threaten is out, colossoil for example, give you a free switch into togekiss.

snake

CAP Co-Leader
After a long hiatus, let's get back to voting. You have (about) 48 hours to vote! Here are your options:

NitrousAcid's Assault Vest Colossoil
Bionic Puppy's Sitrus Berry Malaconda
Deck Knight's Power-Up Punch Mega Lopunny
DarkSlay's Bulky SD Mega Scizor
Drapionswing's Super Fighting Robot Mega Manectric

Vote with one of the bolded options; be sure to read through the posts before voting!

Last edited:

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Congratulations to Deck Knight for winning with 4 votes!

You may now begin submissions for our last Pokemon! Our team lacks hazard removal...

You have until 6PM (GMT-6) on Friday the 22th of July to submit your set!

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 220 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What if I told you there was a Defogger that could add spinblocking, dissuade Colossoil from coming in, and provide additional support?

There is, and the answer might surprise you: Colbur Berry Defog Necturna.

Necturna (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 20 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

In a world of Knock Offs, finding a decently bulky Pokemon to remove hazards is tough. The listed EVs OHKO AV Colossoil with Power Whip, which incidentally will always hit if it Colossoil comes in on a Defog. This particular EV spread will always survive a Colossoil Knock Off after taking SR damage (even if Guts Colossoil is statused), and sits at 227 Spe which is 1 point above Soi's minimum at 226. Will-O-Wisp is selected in the final slot because it can cripple enemy Defoggers like Scizor, and Necturna's ability to switch into many attack types the rest of the team has trouble with serves it well. Unfortunately it can't OHKO Rotom-Wash without prior damage, but a Wisp, Stealth Rock, or a Shadow Sneak beforehand knocks it into KO range.

I note Necturna could also run Rapid Spin over Defog, however our only hazard Pokemon is Garchomp and Defog's Evasion reduction set also assists the rest of the set. The item is also up for discussion but I feel like Colbur Berry provides the set with Maximum surprise value, as the most common Knock-Off Pokemon that are going to stay in are Landorus and Colossoil, the former which gets KO'd by Power Whip and the latter is crippled by Wisp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)