1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CaP Paralysis based RMT

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Sunday, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Paralysis based Team
    I saw Obi do it once and though it would be cool to do a CaP version... since I've fallen out of the standard loop >.>
    [​IMG]
    Zapdos @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunder Wave
    Everyone on CaP knows I love this lead to death <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Starts spreading the Para love right from the get go. Lum berry protects from Sleep leads and allows me to Status them before they can status me. Survives Unstabbed super Effective attacks from almost all Scarf users and completly cripples them with ThunderWave, then Roosts off the damage while removing the weak. Hidden Power Ice if the the Dragons and Grounds that resist Twave and Thunderbolt puts a dent into anything that doesn't resist it.
    [​IMG]Yamipoli this kicks ass :P
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 240 HP/76 Def/160 SpD/32 Spe
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Wish
    - U-turn
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Body Slam
    May seem like an all round support Jirachi, but it's main purpose it to Paralyse anything immune to Electric attacks with Body Slam. ZenHeadbut works well in conjunction with paralysis giving me a nice chance of preventing the opponent from attacking at all. Wish and U-turn give team support and generally increase the teams longevity.
    [​IMG]
    Wake-up Call (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Shadow Claw
    - Swords Dance
    For some reason I don't see a lot of these on CaP, but there's four good reasons to fear Lucario right here! The main set is pretty self-explanatory, and becomes fearsome with a SD under it's belt, expecially when the opponent's paralysed. If everything doesn't go according to plan then Extreme Speed cleans up the rest.
    Shadow Claw hits Revvy harder then Crunch and does everything else I need it to.
    [​IMG]
    If you can't beat them... (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP/104 Spd/152 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Nasty Plot
    - Roost
    Togekiss becomes about a biggilion times more threatening when it doesn't have to carry it's own Para support. Rapes everything after a Nasty Plot, expecially CaP Pokemon!
    [​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 160 HP/216 Spd/132 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Surf
    Spinner to protect Zapdos and Togekiss from Stealth Rocks and Miltank from Toxic Spikes(inb4healbell). Also cleans up Dragons if need be.
    [​IMG]
    Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP/226 Def/32 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Milk Drink
    - Heal Bell
    Miltank just seems to sit perfectly into the teams final slot, providing a much needed Ice and Fire resist, Cleric Support to stop my own stratergy being used against me and Stealth Rocks for general annoyance and Flying type discouragement. Body Slam stops Taunt aswell as giving a semi-decent chance at come more Paralysis.
  2. Pombo

Pombo

Cool. Special Ape used NP = GG. u need more a Fast EQer or a good Revenge killer... Steadfast >>>Inner focus on Luke. Kiss with the support = OWnage, but a good TTar user can also destroy you
  3. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

What the hell are you on, Togekiss does quite fine against Nasty Plot Infernape. It's physical Swords Dance/Thunderpunch/Flare Blitz/Close Combat ones he should watch out for.
  4. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

does no one else see Starmie? Last time I checked, Starmie works perfectly fine against all Infernape.

Syclant looks like it loves this team though. Tail Glow/Blizzard/Focus Blast/Bug Buzz gets a clean kill on everything but Jirachi, who doesn't really stop Syclant so much.
  5. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Actually, whats more common from what I've seen and used is Bug Buzz/Blizzard/Focus Blast/Earth Power@Specs. This takes everything on your team on provided it can keep switching. With wish/spinner support, of course. Your best bet is to use a Sash on Lucario and kill it with Extremespeed.
  6. Pombo

Pombo

Nped HP-ICe on togekiss will hurt a lot... Hp ice is far better than GK, and i dont think Starmie will like to take Flame thrower with stab and NP, but i think it can survive anyway =P
    Sorry, i missed
  7. Sunday

Hrm, Syclant seems to be a bit of an issue, although it by no means has a safe switch in on anything. By the very nature of being a Paralysis team if Syclant is Paralysed then it's pretty much done for. My best bet is to attempt to dent it severly with whatever is out (since Starmie outspeeds and depending it's moveset it might now be able to hit everything for a 1HKO) and then attempt a revenge kill with Lucario.

Lukes ability makes piss all difference...
  8. Bass

Bass Brother in arms

Well, it most definitely can take an NP'd Flamethrower, but not Grass Knot. Most of the time, Starmie is able to switch in by the time it gets an NP so that is not an issue.

Also, to help deal with your Syclant problem, you may want to try this spread instead: 240 HP / 76 Def / 160 SpD / 32 Spe --> This spread allows you to survive a guaranteed to three Bug Buzzes (Leftovers factored in) from the standard Mixant set (278 special attack stat with LO) A specs Earth Power will probably 2HKO you still, but in general, Jirachi can pretty much beat most Syclant sets 1 on. Even if they did have Earth Power, you could hope that Body Slam paralyzes them and then hope Zen Headbutt flinches... Yeah, I am getting a bit ahead of myself, but anyway, try this spread and see if it helps you with Syclant a little bit.

Alternatively, you could try using Bullet Punch on Lucario instead of ExtremeSpeed -- This has the bonus of OHKOing Syclant and OHKOing Gengar and Weavile after a Swords Dance.
  9. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Actually, it does make a difference because of all those HaxKisses running around. Steadfast will make it much tougher for your opponent to take it down after a SD. Also, Bass stole my sig.
  10. Sunday

Or I could just use Inner Focus to avoid being Flinched altogether, giving me a 1oo% chance to hit them if I can move first or can survive their attack. It's not like Luke is taking Air Slashes very well anyway.

What's the Bullet Punch priority moveset on Lucario? I recall some of the other moves changed aswell. I may go Bullet Punch / Close Combat / Stone Edge / SD to hit Kiss and Mence/Dos better, since I can lose the Ghost attack due to hitting Gengar with priority and Revvy with Togekiss, although I'm prefer not to... hrm...
  11. tennisace

tennisace
    Twitter Head

the problem with that is that a competant can stall with rest and bulk up, or just go for the jugular with a hammer arm and shadow sneak, and i don't think bullet punch does enough to it. After a bulk up, revenankh can take a huge chunk out of togekiss and jirachi on the switch. Come to think of it, what do you do for revenankh anyways?
  12. Sunday

Togekiss is the main offence, coming in on anything and forcing it out pretty much 100%. If I take SR damage on the switch I'll be tempted to Roost on the switch, but if they're got a bulk up under their belt I'll just go for the juggular. Jirachi's the back up plan flinching with Zen Headbut, although I'm the first to admit it would do better with Psychic.

Starmie and Zapdos can both do about 25-30% damage on the switch which is also handy in forcing Revvy to rest and take the chance Shed Skin won't activate. Zapdos resists STAB and only just missed out on a 3HKO if Revvy comes in on 100% HP with no weather up. In hail/sandstorm and with SR up Revvy has a bit of trouble against Zapdos thunderbolt.

I'm still waiting for ana Ice Punch Revenankh to show it's face on the CaP server. Someone will work out how useful they are sometime soon.
  13. Invective

Invective

i can see a SD weavile with a lum being difficult for this team. with a SD under its belt, it can OHKO and 2HKO everything except jirachi, who is possibly OHKOed with SR up and miltank, who is 2HKOed. bullet punch on lucario could alleviate this problem, as bullet punch will OHKO, or hammer arm on miltank. i see heal bell as the least needed on miltank, as most of your team can avoid status by prediction.

also, the jirachi picture is awesome.
  14. tennisace

tennisace
    Twitter Head

the problem with ice punch on revenankh is you can't run Bulk Up/Hammer Arm/Shadow Sneak/Rest/Ice Punch. You're forced to either go without Hammer Arm, which mean TTar/Heatran/Magnezone/Lucario say hi, or Shadow Sneak, which means Gengar/Celebi/Starmie rip you a new one. Don't even try going without Rest or Bulk Up, or you'll die faster than you can say "Shit I shouldn't have taken out healing".
  15. Sunday

I was thinking of Band myself, but we're not here to discuss the awesomeness of Revenankh.

Who uses Lum Berry on Weavile anyway? ExtremeSpeed takes care of him decently imo.

Youlike? :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)