CAP Project "To-Do List"

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sign up in this thread to complete various tasks. If you don't complete them within a couple of weeks, it will be handed out again. If you're already writing something that's posted, just check in with me or Fuzznip on IRC/forum PM.

Analyses Updates:
  • [thread=72115]Revenankh:[/thread] Analysis Revamp
    • Owner: Umbreon_Dan

• Kitsunoh: Substitute + Pain Split
    • Owner: Fuzznip
Article Updates:

• CAP Threat Descriptions: Update
    • Owner: Fuzznip
Movepool Updates:

• [thread=74773]Movepool Revisions:[/thread] Overview
    • Owner: Rising_Dusk & tennisace

CAP Website Updates:
  • CAP 10 Gallery
    • Owner: DougJustDoug
  • CAP 11 Gallery
    • Owner: DougJustDoug
  • Icons for CAPs
    • Owner: Wyverii & DougJustDoug
    • Status: Wyverii made the icons, DJD needs to get them on the site somewhere

• Condensed CAP History Guide
    • Owner: Luigifan

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we need to remove mentions of salamence in the cap analysis. i can remove them if you want to wait a week for it to be started.

[sorry if I shouldn't be posting in a thread like this. Just thought I'd get people started on the 'Final Product' page, as Dan brought it up. For reference, here's a link to the last one: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70897.]

Once the sprites and movepool have been chosen, all details of the CaP have been chosen. At this point the topic leader posts the Final Product thread. It serves as a closing speech for the CaP creation process.

The topic leader gives an overview of the project from their perspective, assessing how well the community has implemented the concept, and sharing their insights on the success of the CaP as a whole. Then the full details of the new pokemon are posted, and the thread is left open for the community to discuss the project themselves.

It's a start, at least - and there's still room for a big picture underneath!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/cap/articles/stat_ratings

This should be revamped completely to show how the Version 2 stats are calculated, not the Version 1 stats as shown there. People PM me about this all the time, saying "the calculations in the article do not correspond to the numbers I get from your applet". I might add that some of the confusion about BSR is down to the article on the site.

I'd edit it if you people want.

No one updated that article because most of the people that could would only serve to make it more confusing. If you, as the general knowledge bin for BSR and related topics, want to update it, then by all means. I'd like to motion that this should be treated much like a mathematics proof in a textbook and that each step of the process should be explained in detail. Without such explanation, people interpret much of BSR to be entirely arbitrary when it may not necessarily be so.

I think if anyone were to update that document, almost everyone would only be comfortable if the person doing so were you.

Also, I am going to be rewriting this article, since we now have an objective measure of a competitive move in the VGM system. It could also use a bit of text to explain what any of that stuff actually means.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't agree with making the Stats Ratings article as a mathematical proof; it would be unreadable for 95% of the Smogon community.

However, I have written a mathematical proof for this, which you can access here. Note that the proof assumes the Version 1 of BSR, not version 2, but Version 2 is basically Version 1 with the stats being spread about the same mean and standard deviation.

By the way, the proof relies on normalised base stats, of which an article is on the main site (here). Version 2 relies on the actual stats, but this isn't that big of a difference anyway.

Maybe I can link this mathematical proof in the article for the interested people to read it.

i just finished updating the new cap movepools on-site. post here or tell me on irc if you see a mistake in any of them and i can correct asap

yeah that's kind of a problem 9.9

hold tight i'm going to fix a bunch of stuff

edit: okay i just banished the evil from pyroak's analysis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)