CAP Subsite/Gallery Update & Congrats Yilx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I finally finished a massive update to the CAP Subsite.

BW CAP 4 is officially added to the Pokemon Listing and has a Dex Page. We'll add a strategy page a bit later, so stay tuned.

Also, I have added all the past projects to the Art Gallery. (If you are curious about the project numbering on the site, the CAP website uses the CAP National Dex numbering system)

Last but not least, Yilx has been added to the Art Gallery as a Featured Artist, honoring his long participation on the CAP project and consistent success in numerous CAP art competitions, including submitting the winning art design for Necturna. Congratulations Yilx!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First, a massive congratulations to Yilx, whose contributions to CAP art have been numerous and fantastic. A very worthy addition to the Featured Artist category.

Thanks for the hard work on everything, Doug!

As a side note, Illusion should be the DW ability on Aurumoth, if I'm not mistaken.

Congratulations Yilx!
And thanks for all your work, djd. I just have one suggestion. In the description of Aurumoth, "Legendary bug" just doesn't cut it. Maybe something like "A powerful bug-type that was intended to encapsulate risk" would be better. I think you just put it in as a placeholder, but it would reflect much better on CAP as a whole if it had a proper description.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, we are trying to figure out the appropriate one-liner description for CAP 4. The current "Legendary bug" line is just a placeholder for now.

Congrats to Yilx; it's great to see Yilx's work all in one place now.

One question: in the Art Gallery, for CAP 12 (Tomohawk), where's Aragornbird's entry (3rd place)? Is it missing for a reason? I only asked because I remember that work and hoped to see it with the others. Thank you!

Congrats to Yilx; it's great to see Yilx's work all in one place now.

One question: in the Art Gallery, for CAP 12 (Tomohawk), where's Aragornbird's entry (3rd place)? Is it missing for a reason? I only asked because I remember that work and hoped to see it with the others. Thank you!
Mine, actually. But Aragornbird would probably have done a way better job (ab you are my idol).

Anyway it's likely because I used iaza at that time, and the sprite sheet expired. Many apologies. Well here you go, reuploaded on photobucket:

Also congratulations to Yilx!!! Man I wonder if I'll ever get to know you

EDIT: Oh, you mean the artwork section. *burns in flames of embarassment*

DougJustDoug

The 3rd place art for CAP 12 was by Aragornbird, and was a fan fighter duck design. The art links in the submission and polling threads were all broken. I reached out to Aragornbird via PM and asked him to send me the art, and he said he didn't think he could find it.

As for Tomohawk sprites, yes the 3rd place sprites by ICC had broken links too. ICC, thank you for posting them here! I will update the sprite gallery.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On an unrelated note we should probably give DougJustDoug a medal for managing to submit an art piece for ALL 15 CAP Projects.

Or we could just make him our leader...

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I had a brain spark on Aurumoth's one-liner earlier today, but I missed Doug on IRC by one hour. I mentioned my line to the other IRC-goers and received humored and positive reception, so I'll post my thought on Aurumoth's on-site line here.

"Legendary bug that creates the illusion of risk"-- it plays off (with wordplay) the actual lack of risk Aurumoth's user has with the veil of Illusion. I know that 'legendary bug' is a placeholder, but it's still suitable as a subject for the sentence.

Thanks for your continued work on the website and dedication in general, Doug.

And a big congrats, Ylix! You've long deserved the recognition as one of CAP's top art contributors, and with a really cool and definitive style to boot. I hope to see your work in the polls for years to come!

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Didn't see this thread until now lol how could I

thanks so much everyone, it really makes me feel fuzzy inside. :toast:

Thanks for your continued work on the website and dedication in general, Doug.

And a big congrats, Ylix! You've long deserved the recognition as one of CAP's top art contributors, and with a really cool and definitive style to boot. I hope to see your work in the polls for years to come!
can i use that miniturna for stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)