CAP To-Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction:

This is CAP's list of all things that need to get done as well as an archive of past things that have been done in CAP. Whenever something needs to get done, you can post in this thread and I'll update this post with it so that someone can take it on and take care of it. If you don't accomplish something you've said that you'd do in a couple of weeks, it is entirely possible that it will be reassigned to someone else. This is especially true in the case of something that is time-sensitive, like a PR update to an on-site article.

To-Do List:
  • Rewrite the entire Events Sections
    • Owner: Rising_Dusk
    • Details: Must be updated for BW changes and general formatting
    • Results: -
  • Code the new way for PO to handle generations
    • Details: Must be updated so that the CAP server can list DPP CAPs in DPP metagames.
  • Figure out Paleo Wave / ShadowStrike on the PO Server
    • Owner: eric the espeon / Rising_Dusk
    • Details: Must get the DPP CAP custom moves to work.
  • Code a new BSR applet
    • Details: Must be updated with the new BW BSR formulae and other useful features.
  • Write up a typing PR thread
    • Owner: Deck Knight
    • Details: Must be a PR thread for handling both types of a CAP at once
Archive:
To-Do List:

• DPP / BW CAP Website Split
    • Owner: CAP Moderators
    • Details: Must be decided if we will overwrite or preserve our DPP articles and policies on moving into BW.
    • Results: We will preserve our DPP articles in their own section of the site.
  • Update the BSR Formulae for BW
    • Details: Must scale the formulae properly and post an updated version.
    • Results: Completed here.
  • Update the Process Rules Page
    • Details: Must be updated with the results of this PR thread.
  • Make an Excel spreadsheet for BSR calculations
    • Details: Must be made to calculate BSRs for Pokemon. Should be done ASAP.
  • Update the Server Page
    • Owner: Destiny Warrior
    • Details: Must be updated to detail our new Pokemon Online server.
  • Write a new Connection Guide Page for the PO Server
    • Owner: Destiny Warrior / Paradox
    • Details: Must be written to detail how to connect to the Pokemon Online server and how to use the CAPs.
  • Formalize a CAP Pre-Evo Project for DPP CAPs
    • Owner: eric the espeon / Rising_Dusk
    • Details: Must be some low intensity project that we can use to flesh out pre-evo stats and such.
    • Results: Will be included in CAP1.
  • Update the Complete Movepool Submissions Page
    • Owner: bugmaniacbob
    • Details: Must be updated with the results of this PR thread. Also needs to sort out which of the new moves in BW are VGMs and go through DPP VGMs based on the current BW metagame.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Before R_D can snipe anything else, I'm taking the server article.

EDIT: Adding the Connection Guide to my reservations now.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can probably add the new moves to the server, but you'll need to make a change to allow them in past gens I think. I have a few ideas about movepool construction which depending on the result of discussions may result in quite major changes, but we could just go with a system similar to the current one if the rest of the process is ready first. Not worth holding the restart up for it. I'll try and get the thread up today. I'll also help keep the server page updated with any changes since we've not got anything certain on it yet.

If we're including less urgent things to do, lets add set up the process for the pre-evo side project. Worth looking at other aspects of flavor too.

Though it probably doesn't need any real changes, the EnCAPlopedia might need updates to reflect the new pages/guides being created for the new generation.

ete said:
I'll try and get the thread up today. I'll also help keep the server page updated with any changes since we've not got anything certain on it yet.
That's good. DW just made a quickie thing for that page that I'll HTML and upload today, but it will need to be updated once we get a firm on-site download link and such.
ete said:
If we're including less urgent things to do, lets add set up the process for the pre-evo side project. Worth looking at other aspects of flavor too.
Yeah, sure. I'll add it.
Aerodactyl Legend said:
the EnCAPlopedia might need updates to reflect the new pages/guides being created for the new generation.
The stickies in general need a lot of work, but those are pretty low priority when we have a CAP project going on. I don't think it matters nearly enough to go on the to-do list quite yet. Thanks for bringing it up, though.
bugmaniacbob said:
I'll volunteer to update the Complete Movepool Submissions.
Cool. I'll coach you on what needs to get done once you get a thread up.

Updated this with the CAP pre-evo entry being finished. For those too lazy to read the OP, that means that we will be including the pre-evo material directly into CAP1. This has been endorsed by all CAP mods, the CAP1 TL, and the CAP1 ATL.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Introduction:

This is CAP's list of all things that need to get done as well as an archive of past things that have been done in CAP. Whenever something needs to get done, you can post in this thread and I'll update this post with it so that someone can take it on and take care of it. If you don't accomplish something you've said that you'd do in a couple of weeks, it is entirely possible that it will be reassigned to someone else. This is especially true in the case of something that is time-sensitive, like a PR update to an on-site article.

To-Do List:
  • Rewrite the entire Events Sections
    • Details: Must be updated for BW changes and general formatting

• It has come to my attention we should have an official "Typing Discussion" Post (or even just a section descriping it) since we presently don't have one, and each one is manufactured individually. I'm willing to take this up.

- - - - - -

Description:

Typing Discussion

This thread will be posted after the concept assessment to allow the community to give opinions on typing. Typing is of utmost important especially in the 5th Generation and for this reason both the primary and secondary typings will be discussed in tandem. Poll-jumping will not be allowed, however specific benefits of a given combinations interactions with moves and strategies is permissible. The Topic Leader should propose a few general qualities he wants (Offensive or defensive STABs, type synergies, etc.) based on the results of the concept assessment. The type will not be decided in the thread, but the Topic Leader will select from a slate of type combinations advanced in the thread before moving onto the Typing Poll.

Are we going to add CAP-created abilities to the server so the CAPS can use them? Scylant's Mountaineer, Fidgit's Persistant, and Collosoil's Rebound are replaced with "(No ability)" in the PO server.

Are we going to add CAP-created abilities to the server so the CAPS can use them? Scylant's Mountaineer, Fidgit's Persistant, and Collosoil's Rebound are replaced with "(No ability)" in the PO server.
That means that they haven't been implemented/figured out yet.

That answers my previous question then.

Where r u in the cap process i just joined and am willing to help to the best of my abilities. :)
The forum is currently in between projects, there's usually a gap of a few months between each new CAP. In the meantime you're best off familiarising yourself with the process and the metagame, allowing you to make meaningful contributions to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)