CAP Updates: GL Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As we venture into new territory with CAP Updates, the time has come to select three people who will lead these updates, one for each generation of CAP creations. After some discussion among staff, after this poll we will select six Update Leaders to work with this team.

Here is the list of self-nominated candidates (in the order they submitted their candidacy):

Deck Knight
Darkslay
cbrevan
jas61292
sparktrain

The candidacy announcements are all found within this thread:

Please review all the information in that thread in order to adequately inform your decision. Note that many of the applicants this time around prefer to lead specific sections of the process!

Here's how to vote:
  • All CAP community members are allowed to vote. This means that if you have a registered Smogon account, you can vote.
  • Please post the candidate names ranked in order of preference. Like so:

First Preferred Candidate
    Second Preferred Candidate
    Third Preferred Candidate
    Fourth Preferred Candidate
    Fifth Preferred Candidate
    Sixth Preferred Candidate

If the voter wishes, he/she may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. As with IRV or normal bold voting, only the votes themselves should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
    It is highly encouraged that the voter ranks as many candidates as possible.
  • Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts, or your posts will be moderated and you warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may still do so, but don't try to incite a discussion. Keep discussion to #cap.
  • If you do not complete a full ranked ballot, as prescribed here, your ballot will be deleted. So, please take the time to evaluate all the candidates and compose a proper ranked ballot.
  • This poll will be run with PBV voting (a form of IRV which re-runs the counting, each time removing the previously top-ranked candidate), the details of which are outlined here.

Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed. Anyone found to have done so risks punishment at the moderation team's discretion. If you find that someone has broken this rule, please contact the CAP moderation team with your evidence and no one else. Mini-moderation of this rule is also considered a serious offense and can be punished.

This thread will be open for 48 hours.

Good luck to all candidates!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
sparktrain
Deck Knight

jas61292
cbrevan
Darkslay

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
sparktrain
Deck Knight
Darkslay
cbrevan
jas61292

It's unfair having to rank everyone...because all the candidates are awesome!

Last edited:
Deck Knight
Darkslay
sparktrain

I prefer people who are actually chill enough to want change, and are willing to make it happen.

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jas61292
Darkslay
sparktrain
cbrevan

Deck Knight

Preference given to those who play and play well competitively.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
jas61292
cbrevan
sparktrain

All five are great candidates but jas doesn't like the prospect of move removals and neither do I. He's the only two time TL in CAP history and I fully trust him to be a great GL. I don't know everyone's stance regarding move removals, but that's clearly a huge topic of concern for me. cbrevan and spark, while less committed than jas, don't seem to fully like the idea of removals either.

sparktrain
DarkSlay
cbrevan
jas61292
Deck Knight

Not an easy group of people to rank. I considered various factors, most notably current metagame involvement and general philosophy toward the revision process.

Darkslay
sparktrain
Deck Knight

Same thing drakon said I'd rather have people who are cool with change.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
jas61292
sparktrain
cbrevan

Preference for a mix, jas for his positions about CAP that generally match mine well, sparktrain for his involvement, and cbrevan for some fresh blood to round it out.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
cbrevan
sparktrain
jas61292
Darkslay

Deck Knight

If I could rank everyone as first I would; all four of them are great people.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jas61292
sparktrain
Deck Knight
cbrevan
DarkSlay

Various reasons shaped this vote, but ultimately I don't think we can go wrong with anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)