1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CaP Website Art Contest - Poll 2

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by darkie, Aug 21, 2008.

?

Which set of art should go on the front page?

Poll closed Aug 22, 2008.
  1. Cartoons!

67.3%
  2. Wyverii

18.4%
  3. CyzirVisheen

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Results of Poll 1:
    Code:
    [U]Artist[/U]:  [U]First[/U]:  [U]Second[/U]:  [U]Third[/U]:  [U]Points[/U]:
    Cartoons   32       15      8       213
    Wyverii     8       19      21      118
    Cyzir      12       12      17      113
    -------
    Kopie       5        8       7       56
    Poopazing   1        2       0       11
    CasMat      0        2       4       10 
    The Entries:
    Cartoons!:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wyverii:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CyzirVisheen:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vote for your favorite!
  2. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Voting Wyverii, I think that they were the best, with Cartoons and Cyzir very close behind. Good job everyone!
  3. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Went with Cartoon. Had Cyzir in mind but Cartoons' rendition of Pyroak is too good to resist.
  4. EconBiscuit

EconBiscuit

I think this poll shouldn't have been needed... Cartoons! demolished the competition.

Only 6 votes were not in the first poll for these three. How would've that made a difference?
  5. tennisace

is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

=( I know how Wyverii feels.
  6. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

It doesn't hurt to make sure. It's not delaying anything so what's the problem? I also have an idea for the second place set, so I wanted to have a solid second place winner as opposed to 118 points vs. 113 points.
  7. CPU

CPU

CyzirVisheen's work, definitely.
  8. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Cartoons! Has to be.
  9. Icy Vegeta

Icy Vegeta

I just love the visual effects of Wyverii's.
  10. bumfacepik

bumfacepik

CyzirVisheen I just love that pyroak.
  11. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

CyzirVisheen for MASSIVE ACTION!
  12. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Cartoons! because his best fits a website. Pixel Art and Handdrawn art don't fit the smoothness of the rest of the layout.
  13. Yamaha

Yamaha

That's what bums on the streets say.

We need ACTION!

Cyzir is ftw.
  14. tennisace

Twitter Head

Actually bums on the street say "Can you spare some change?" and "Vote for Wyverii!" Shameless advert'd
  15. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Voting for Cartoons! His are most excellent.
  16. CasMat

CasMat

Cartoons!' is the most fitting, but I like Cyzir's poses more in general. Wyverii's are amazing, but I believe it'd be put to better use elsewhere on the site.

Voted Cartoons!, but I think Cyzir should make second, with Wyverii being close. If Cyzir did his digitally I think he might have won, but for now the clean and professional look of Cartoons!' digital art should (and will obviously) win.
  17. Master of the Six Kings

Master of the Six Kings

I like the fact they aren't digital. Really brings a different feeling to them. Voted Cyzir.
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

voting cartoons, mostly because his art really reminds me of the old school sugimori art! it's awesome.
  19. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Even though Cyzir's a good friend, I'm voting Cartoons!, simply because it's easily the best.

EDIT: I'd also love to see Cartoons!'s take on Fidgit.
  20. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

The Pyroak drawn by Cartoons! won me over.
  21. Hairyama

Hairyama

Cartoons!

Hoiwever I think all three should be used prominantly on the site because they are just stunning, every one of these entries has such a beautiful unique style they're all irrestible.
  22. Wyverii

Wyverii "What I cannot create, I do not understand."
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hahahaha, i've got a diehard fan here. Thanks Tennis. I voted for Cartoons!, mostly because of his clean cut art and stylistic representation which makes them the optimum art for general use on a webpage, oh yeah, and they're bloody brilliant to boot. I don't honestly want to win, I feel that pixel art has a different use within a website then what we're going for, I only entered because Cartoons! and Doug prodded me a little. Cyzir's art is also fantastic and it's hit a soft spot in my heart that i've got for traditional work. All of these works are so different in style it's rather unfair to say that any of them are better or worse eh?

PS: Holy crap, Doug was right, Syclant and Revvy are really dull. Damn this monitor.
  23. ParadOxymoron

ParadOxymoron

24. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Touche.

Although, I'd also like to see it in a brighter/cleaner style, like Syclant, Revenankh and Pyroak.
  25. Syprus

Syprus

Voted for Wyverii. Good job!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)