CaP Website Art Contest - Poll 2

Which set of art should go on the front page?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hahahaha, i've got a diehard fan here. Thanks Tennis. I voted for Cartoons!, mostly because of his clean cut art and stylistic representation which makes them the optimum art for general use on a webpage, oh yeah, and they're bloody brilliant to boot. I don't honestly want to win, I feel that pixel art has a different use within a website then what we're going for, I only entered because Cartoons! and Doug prodded me a little. Cyzir's art is also fantastic and it's hit a soft spot in my heart that i've got for traditional work. All of these works are so different in style it's rather unfair to say that any of them are better or worse eh?

PS: Holy crap, Doug was right, Syclant and Revvy are really dull. Damn this monitor.
So you didn't even vote for yourself! >.> You should have. /inside info

They're all quite nice, and I'm taken with Wyverii's, but I feel Cartoons!'s art is superior. I'm in love with the Syclant picture

Gah, shouldn't have voted so soon. I'd like my vote changed to Wyverii, because I want her in that second place Darkie mentioned. It's pretty obvious who's getting first. (:

( Thanks in advance )

Cartoons!, because nothing else compares ;_;

Edit: I'm with Wyverii on what she's saying about pixel art, her
stuff is great, but I don't think it's really what we're going for...

Though I'm such a fanboy I'd probably vote cartoons no-matter what his art was for ;_;

I vote Cartoons!.

They're all amazing - I saved Wyverii's pixels to my computer, I loved them so - but pixel art isn't really the best for the main page (make it all smooth, and such) and the other artist's art is a bit rough for a main page.

Perhaps if you wanted to get an idea of who goes in second and third place Darkie you should have just announced Cartoons! as the winner and made this a two way poll between me and Cyzir. It was rather obvious that Cartoons! digital style was the best and most popular for the website. Then again the general uses for both Cyzirs and my own styles are so different it's practically a moot point regardless.

Hmm, there's too many extra colours in my work, I need to up the saturation as well. I'll update the artwork once the contest is over.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I voted for Cartoons!, but it was amazingly hard to decide because I could see any of them working on the front page of the website. But his visual style won me over.

I'm glad Darkie is choosing to include more than just one person's art on the site. Both Wyverii's and CyzirVisheen's work are incredible, and, I think, have greater merit for not being run-of-the-mill cgi art.

I've taken the opportunity to redraw Fidgit in order to match Doug's sprite better (shorter arms, smaller wristbands), and also to fit within my own 398x398 convention. I hope people find it okay.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No offense, but its head looks...squished.

Edit:
Fidgit: Control, this is Fidgit 1, ready for take off.
Control: Roger Fidgit 1, you are clear for take off.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm glad Darkie is choosing to include more than just one person's art on the site. Both Wyverii's and CyzirVisheen's work are incredible, and, I think, have greater merit for not being run-of-the-mill cgi art.

I've taken the opportunity to redraw Fidgit in order to match Doug's sprite better (shorter arms, smaller wristbands), and also to fit within my own 398x398 convention. I hope people find it okay.

God, I love you.

And I mean that in the most manly, don't-take-this-wrong, it's-cool-dude, but-seriously-I-love-you... way possible.

That Fidgit is wonderful.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Brilliant... I'm really looking forward to how these pages are going to look on the site. Are there any plans to set up some kind of gallery to show artwork that was not chosen? Not just for these four, but basically all the past art deemed as "good".

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Tennis, the head looks squished ;_;

It also looks a bit cross eyed, I still love it, but it could be better ;_;

I guess it'll be up to darkie if he wants to use that Fidgit or not, or someone's else's rendition if we're trying to keep consistency in mind. Either way, if people don't like the head, I could always fix it up when I get back in a few days from wherever it is I am going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)