CaP Website Art Submissions/Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Meh, Cartoons! wins this contest, hands down. Still, I'll give it a shot.

Bleh, my colors are too bright for Revenankh, but it's not too shabby overall. I'll have Syclant done probably tomorrow, but I lack the colors I need for Pyroak, so that'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday...
EDIT: DERP

Pyroak

Syclant

That Rev is really great. The pose is awesome and I like how you coloured him in. He desperatly wants to hug someone.

My entry for Pyroak, I'll post the other two later on.

P.S.: The on the left has dots around it, and the one on the right doesn't.

tyvm. My entry for Revenankh

darkie: oh my god, i love kopie's revenankh
Lunar Fang: ^
darkie: it's like
darkie: \m/ _o

tyvm. My entry for Syclant.

I really like Kopie's just for the style change it offers compared with the rest of the CAP art. Like, Cartoons isn't bad, but Kopie's looks new while his has been around for a while.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Kopie - I am a huge fan of "stylized" interpretations of designs. If you've seen my art thread, you know what I mean. I really like your stylized versions of the CAP pokemon. Very nice work! They look great together as a set.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I love Kopie's first two, of Pyroak and Revenankh, but Syclant just doesn't do it for me. I know it's meant to be "stylized" and out of proportion but it's a little too out of proportion for my liking.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Atyroki, thats a damn good Pyroak! I love the face. I don't know why you are knocking your peice. I think it's really well-done. I hope you do the other two.

I did Syclant on paper, just need to scan, might do it again, and the
only reason I'm knocking it is cause I absolutely LOOOOVE cartoons!
style, especially, the pyroak, it reminds me of feraligatr <3

(I think Cartoons might be my favorite artist ever ._.)

Changed the colouring a bit etc.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cartoons, you're Pyroak seems to be a bit on the heavy side in my opinion. He sorta seems out of proportion being so large. Maybe it's just me though. your Rev is amazing and is in a close second to Cyzirs. As for your Syclant, the pose just kinda makes his Ass look humongous. <.<

Cyzir, I love your Rev. I like how he has the sort of Pissed off, let's go kick some ass look towards him. I also think your Syclant, from the other thread is absolutely amazing.

Edit: Kopie, that Rev pose is fucking KICKASS. Mad props for that.

Everyone is really putting their very best into this project, very exciting.

Some people seem to be judging the art based on how accurate a depiction it is of the original art. I hope, rather, people will come to see each submission as an equally valid interpretation of the Pokemon. If I may call to mind the story of the three blind men and the elephant who, by touch, descibed the elephant in three vastly different ways? None of them were wrong. In the same way, every artist here sees the Pokemon in their mind's eye a little differently, and it's the beauty of interpretation that I find so compelling in this thread.

Kopie's Syclant seems to have leapt from Sugimori's own sketchpad. It certainly seems the most ready to befriend a child, which is just as accurate a view of any Pokemon as one that sees it purely as a ravenous predator.

In the same way, I hope people won't penalize me for seeing Pyroak as a tank, or Revanankh as a dark and noble guardian (in the vein of Batman, Gargoyles...M-Mummies Alive?).

Also, I love Atyroki's rendition of Pyroak, especially for how well protected it looks by it's huge shoulder armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)