CAP1 - Part 11.5b - (Pre-Evo Art Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The art poll is a big part of the CAP process, especially the pre-evo process. This poll defines the face of PreCAP1 for the rest of time, and so I hope you all take it seriously! Additionally, this is the first PreCAP to go to art poll like this, so I'm pretty excited. We're setting precedents all over the place, and I want to personally thank all of the artists that took part of it. I won't lie, at first I was worried that it wouldn't be very popular or that artists would be tired of CAP and wouldn't participate. You guys proved me wrong, and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Now onto the poll!

A few really cool concepts never went to final submission, which sucks, but it's up to the artist there. Also there was one illegal submission, and I will explain why it was illegal below. Know that as much as I'd love to include illegal submissions, I truly can't. I hope you don't take this personally.
  • suntt123: Was on a transparent background, not a pure white background.
That said, below are the submissions that passed all rules in the order they were submitted:
Kevin Garrett
Mos-Quitoxe
RitterCat
Nastyjungle
noobiess
Fatecrashers
paintseagull
aragornbird
This is an IRV poll, which means that you can vote for as many entries as you want to in order of preference. The top three from this poll will move onto the next stage. I've reiterated some rules for this vote below so that everyone knows exactly what's going on. These rules were shamelessly taken from the main CAP1's art thread for continuity.

• Do not bold any text other than your votes.
    The script we use to count the votes looks at bolded text, and ignores all other text. You can still write other non-bolded things in your post, but don't bold them or it will mess up your vote.
  • One artist name per line.
    Do not list multiple votes on one line.
  • You may vote for as many artists as you want.
  • Spell the artist name exactly as it is spelt below.
    It is not case sensitive, but please remember that your vote will not count unless it is the artist's name spelled correctly. (e.g. "Cyzir_Visheen" is not CyzirVisheen)
Good luck!

Main Design

Supporting Material

CAP 1 Pre-Evo Aura Sphere
Main Design:

Additional images (using old tail design):

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/SClipD/fakes/CAP11prevosupplementcopy.png

Notes: The basis behind this entry is that his hair-scales are present but not stiffened, so he appears as a shaggy pile save for the ones on the tip of the tail, which have hardened into a blade as an offensive weapon since it's limbs aren't suited for striking moves and it has difficulty in manipulating aura. Initially having an actual tomahawk axe-head on the tail, the current diamond-shaped axe-head proved much more popular. Its rough-and ready appearance calls scrappy immediately to mind, though it also possesses a quickness of thought and lack of scruples that make it a great prankster too. High defenses are facilitated by its thick coat, which provides a buffer against many attacks. I chose to make a quadrupedal design after seeing a number of bipedal ones, so the transition from low-ground landlubber to high-flying fighter appeared more drastic.

Anyway, thank you all for your kind words towards this entry and for your advice towards this greenhorn here, and I hope to be a worthy contender against the great entries on offer!

Going for the cute fluffy pre-evo factor here. It has some of Tomo's features, with its wings as little arms, the tail, the fluff is larger and on the head the creast is just feathers. No time for supporting art =(

Extra Flavor

Back Shot
Size Comparison

Good luck to everybody.
Main design:

Concept:
I somehow (don't actually know why) think that CAP1 misses some kind of dynamicy. So to add that to CAP1 I wanted to design a prevo that was really dynamic, special....
I came up with the idea of making a pokemon with 2 diffrent appearances. (So sertainly check the other form too). The diffrence would be the headband (an army headband and an indian headband).
I also wanted to make the prevo really cute since I think CAP1 is already rahter cute so I sertainly wanted to make a prevo that is more bad-ass then it's evolution.
So they are based on a cat (both), a tiger (indian) and a jaguar (military), an indian/army headband (I didn't want to use the original army color for the army pattern on the head band because otherwhise the colors wouldn't match the evolution). Also the 2 stripes on the head are cat-whisker-like but also typical for indians and soldiers...

Other appearance:
Military form
Both of them together

So, that was it
Hope you like it :)
Main Design

Supporting Material

Side-on pose showing spots and egg shaped body.

This Tomohawk prevo concept is a little cub with a protective fluffy egg body. The ruffles around its face show the beginnings of the feather-like fur that Tomohawk uses for flight after it evolves. Its wide, flat, oversized arms hint at wings. Tomohawk's purple markings are foreshadowed in the purple spots on cub-hawk's egg body.
Wait for me!

The pre-evolved form begins the Native American theme for Tomohawk. These guys may be little, but they are very mischievous and sneaky. They form small tribes with their evolved forms and like to practice sparring with each other. However their speed in combat is often hindered by their stubby legs. The goal of their tribe elders is to teach them to become better fighters by unlocking their hidden strength rather than relying on their physical strength.

Supporting Material:

Fatecrashers
noobiess
paintseagull
aragornbird

RitterCat
There were a lot of great designs overall, but my choices were not only based on the art, but on which design looks like the Egg Group I'm supporting; which is Fairy/Flying btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)