CAP1 - Part 17 - (Pre-Evo Dex Entry Submissions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All competitive aspects of Scratchet are now done! Hooray!

Now we can have a bit of fun with the end of Scratchet, the dex entries! These round out the project with a fun little side doodad to work on. Below are some rules and such for the thread:

• Dex entries must be submitted as a final submission to be considered for the final poll. Bold the words 'Final Submission' in your post for it to be considered as such.
  • You may ask for advice, but bumping of any kind is disallowed. If people don't comment on your dex entry, let that be your feedback. You can revise it and repost it, but don't ask countless times for feedback.
  • Dex entries are typically 1 to 3 concise sentences.
  • Black and White no longer lists other Pokemon in dex entries in all capital letters. The Pokemon itself is referred to as 'it' or 'its' in the dex entries.
  • Keep entries in good taste. If it happens on Animal Planet or in National Geographic, it's fair game, but gratuitously violent or excessively disgusting entries will be infracted and deleted.
  • Do not post "Cool!" or "I like this one!" without additional comments. Substantiate your posts. Your post will be infracted and deleted if you do this. Make sure that you provide support and provide comments when you say stuff like this.
  • You may only submit one final submission. If you want to change your final submission before the deadline, that's fine, but do not repost it. Edit your original final submission.
  • You must provide both a Black and a White dex entry in your submission. Both are necessary for your final submission to count.
Here's our pre-evo so far:
Main Design

Supporting Material

Side-on pose showing spots and egg shaped body.

This Tomohawk prevo concept is a little cub with a protective fluffy egg body. The ruffles around its face show the beginnings of the feather-like fur that Tomohawk uses for flight after it evolves. Its wide, flat, oversized arms hint at wings. Tomohawk's purple markings are foreshadowed in the purple spots on cub-hawk's egg body.

Name: Scratchet
Typing: Normal / Fighting
Base Stats: 55 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 20 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe
Abilities: Scrappy / Prankster / Vital Spirit (DW)
Movepool:
Final Submission

00 Fury Swipes
09 Harden
13 Focus Energy
18 Rock Smash
23 Roar
27 Work Up
32 Submission
36 Hyper Voice
40 Bulk Up
45 Superpower
49 Taunt
53 Rest
57 Retaliate

So, for the level up pool, I took Tomohawk's and removed all the moves that had to do with mythical powers (such as Aura Sphere and Earth Power) or the ability to fly (such as Hurricane and Air Slash), as these are things that Scratchet lacks. Unfortunately, without these moves the level up pool becomes fairly sparse, so I went through the TMs it can learn and chose ones that seemed appropriate and added them in, such as Bulk Up and Retaliate. I also added in Focus Energy from the Egg Moves, because it really needed some basic moves like that (and yes, there are some cases where Pokemon have a level up move as an egg move as well, so its not completely weird).

As far as evolution, like most Pokemon I imagine Scratchet would evolve by level up, and not have any specific requirements. I was thinking possibly requiring a specific move to evolve, but I noticed that the only instances of that happening are when the Pokemon and its evolution were introduced in different generations, and that is not the case for Scratchet, so I think the basic level up method is more appropriate. However, I think it would be cool if it evolved at level 23, because that way it would learn two nearly equivalent moves, Roar and Whirlwind, at the same level. Roar, representing a normal grounded mammal, comes before it evolves and Whirlwind, representing the new powers of flight it has gained, comes after.

TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM54 False Swipe
TM56 Fling
TM60 Quash
TM67 Retaliate
TM70 Flash
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Work Up
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength

The TM set pretty much followed the same logic as the level up moves, remove the mythical power and flying related moves. Though despite removing it from the level up set, I did leave Aerial Ace in the TM pool. This is mainly because while all sorts of Pokemon can learn this move via TM, only Flying types get it via level up (With the single exception of Heracross, which is kinda weird). Additionally, I removed Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, as with the exception of a few who also get one of them via level up, no unevolved Pokemon can learn these TMs (well, unless they were formerly fully evolved).

Baton Pass
Confuse Ray
Focus Energy
Haze
Memento
Nature Power
Rapid Spin
Roost
Stealth Rock
Yawn

Obviously, the egg moves are all the same as Tomohawks, so not much to say here.
Good luck!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Final Submission

SPecies: Egg Cat Pokemon
Black: It wears its eggshell for 6 months after hatching. Its dreams are always about flying.
WHite: Sometimes in the night, Scratchet can be found howling to appease their frustration.

Height: 75 cm
Weight: 10 kg

SCRATCHET (draft)

Species: Scratch Cat Pokemon
Height: 2' 00" / 0.6 m
Weight: 39.7 lbs / 18 kg

Black: Though playful and restless by nature, they treat Tomohawk with rare respect.

White: They are often seen chasing Sigilyph, and are deeply inspired by Sigilyph's ability to fly.

Explanations & Justifications:
Species: Meowth's species. Nothing in the world more fitting.
Height: Braviary is 4' 11", Rufflet is 1' 08". Tomohawk is 4' 2", Scratchet is 2' 00". Fair enough, especially considering the mohawk.
Weight: Exactly as heavy as Axew. Without all of Tomohawk's fancy props, the weight is bound to drop by a lot, just not as much as matching Rufflet (23.1 lbs) because Scratchet still has a fat-laden eggy body.
Black dex entry: "playful" reflecting Prankster, and "restless" reflecting Vital Spirit.

Oh yeah, Destiny Warrior, you have to provide entries for both Black and White. And the height and weight and species stuff, I think.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Hm...I'll try my hand at this.

Black: It waits until the day it evolves, when it gains mystical, mysterious powers. It dreams of flying.

White: They always are in the company of an older Tomahawk. They seem to treat Scratchets as apprentices of sorts, teaching it various skills.

Final Submission

Species:
Playful Cat Pokemon
Height: 2' 10"
Weight: 21.8 lbs

Black: Scratchet dreams about one day soaring across the sky. In it's failed efforts to do so, this Pokemon hurst himself falling from tall trees, as a result of it gaines the spirit and strenght of a great leader.

White: Scratchet lives in groups, they like to play little tricks, to unsuspected travellers, such as screaming loudly or stealling their food, they also have an affinity for collecting shiny objects.

It's Height is a little above Spheal (which his shape faily resembles and they are both two-stage pokes), while it's weight is about the same (a little higuer) than Vullaby (which he also resembles), the dex entries are like the one Bagin has (that makes reference to vital spirit and it's evo) and the other is a reference to Prankster and Misdrevous and murkrow's entries

Species: Combat Cub Pokemon

Black: Some Scratchet love fighting with all they've got in battle, while other Scratchet prefer playing jokes on unsuspecting passerby. All Scratchet share a desire to roam the skies.

White: When they're not playfully pulling pranks on people, Scratchet hone their fighting skills by training with Rufflet. The two Pokemon bonded over a shared dream of ruling the sky.

Explanation:
I agree with ICC on height and weight, it seems fitting. It's the Combat Cub instead of a Scratch Cat because Scratchet always seemed more like a lion cub than a house cat to me, and it gets no scratching moves besides fury swipes. All three dex entries foreshadow its evolution by talking about how Scratchet dreams of the sky.

The White dex entry references Prankster by mentioning that Scratchet "playfully" pull pranks on people when not fighting. I said playfully because it seems fitting that a cub would pull pranks and the like for fun, as opposed to mean-spiritedly like Ghost types would in their dex entries. It also mentions Rufflet because I saw a few Tomohawk dex entries talking about Braviary, and I thought it would be nice to have two playful-looking Pokemon who evolve into great flyers be friends because of the common desire to fly. The dex entry for Pokemon Black distinguishes two kinds of Scratchet because they are separated that way, due to their abilities. Scrappy is "fighting with all they got" because of the additional powers Scrappy grants in battle, and "playing jokes on unsuspecting passerby" is Prankster for obvious reasons. Hope you liked it!

Edit: Since Tomohawk's winning dex entry does not have a Pokemon Grey entry, I removed the Black dex entry and replaced it with the Grey one. Made changes in the explanation accordingly.

Final Submission
Species: Egg Cub Pokemon
Height: 2' 4'' / 0.7 m
Weight: 63 lbs / 28.6 kg

Black: It roams about in packs of five to ten. They often wrestle to see who will be their leader.
White: When it is born, it has no fur, therefore the pattern of its shell can be seen. As it grows, it begins to develop fur and the patern disappears.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission:

Species: Scrambled Cat Pokemon
Height: 1'8" / 0.5m
Weight: 22 lbs / 10 kg

Black: It battles erratically to catch its prey off guard. Delibird is its favorite prey.

White: It skulks along coastlines looking for other Scratchet to duel. Once it battles enough, it gets its wings in a mystical ritual, and lives on as Tomohawk.

Final Submission:

Species: Feather Fur Pokemon
Height: 2' 6"
Weight: 36.8 lbs

Black: They are trained by Tomohawk for special powers used for protecting their tribe. Those same powers were once used for keeping an ancient race alive.
White: Their fur grows longer every day until they are long enough to be used for flight. Once they have learned, they are accepted as a Tomohawk.

Pretty simple.

Do Scratchet live in the giant chasm? o.O

Okay, my n00b mistake, I forgot about the post-game routes where previous generation Pokemon are found. My mistake. sorry.

^
Well, one of Tomohawk's entries mentions that they live in the desert. Not that it really matters, but still. *Shrug*

FINAL SUBMISSION

Species:
Tribal Pokemon
Height: 1' 11" / 0.6 m
Weight: 34.1 lbs / 15.5 kg

Black: It can live in the desert, where it is able to thrive on the water of cacti for months at a time. They will defend their chieftain Tomohawk to the death.
White: They form tribes. Playful yet strong, they helped an ancient civilization build great cities.

Version 3: Distinct tribes of these Pokemon have been observed. Some are peaceful and playful, some are very warlike, some are defensive and vigilant, but all of them are led by Tomohawk.
RSEmakes: It can thrive for months using cacti for sustenance, only requiring a Delibird every so often to regain protein. They are naturally mischievous, but not to be underestimated.

Explanation:
I tried to make the B/W entries coincide with Tomohawk's B/W entries.
Comparison with Joeyboy:

Species: Chieftain Pokemon
Height: 4' 2'' / 1.27 m
Weight: 82 lbs / 37.2 kg

Black: It is rumored they once used their shamanistic powers to help an ancient civilization cope with life in the desert.

White: Until only a few years ago they were thought to be extinct. Now researchers believe they were merely mourning the loss of an ancient city.
So yeah, the Scratchet that thrives in the desert evolves to help others cope with the desert. The Scratchet who help ancient peoples build a city mourn its loss as Tomohawk.

RSEmakes are basically for the inevitable Delibird slam.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Species: Apprentice Pokemon
Height: 2' 4"
Weight: 62 lbs

Black: They are playful and mischievous, but very competent. They can survive on their own in the desert, though it prefers the company of others.

White: They always are in the company of an older Tomahawk. They seem to treat Scratchets as apprentices of sorts, teaching them various skills.

Perhaps not the best, but it never hurts to toss one's hat in, amirite?

Final Submission

Species:
Desert Cub Pokemon
Height: 2' 1" / 0.6 m
Weight: 23.6 lbs / 10.7 kg

Black: They store the nutrients that allow them to survive in the harsh desert climates in their fur. It is for this fur that they were once hunted close to extinction.

White: It is thought by experts that they were once a very common sight long ago. Sighting a pack of them playing is often considered to be a sign that an ancient ruin is nearby.

Final Submission

SCRATCHET

Species: Scratch Cat Pokemon

Black: Though playful and restless by nature, they treat Tomohawk with rare respect.

White: They are often seen chasing Sigilyph, and are deeply inspired by Sigilyph's ability to fly.

Explanations & Justifications:
Species: Meowth's species. Nothing in the world more fitting.
Height: Braviary is 4' 11", Rufflet is 1' 08". Tomohawk is 4' 2", Scratchet is 2' 00". Fair enough, especially considering the mohawk.
Weight: Exactly as heavy as Axew. Without all of Tomohawk's fancy props, the weight is bound to drop by a lot, just not as much as matching Rufflet (23.1 lbs) because Scratchet still has a fat-laden eggy body.
Black dex entry: "playful" reflecting Prankster, and "restless" reflecting Vital Spirit.

Final Submission

Black: Scratchet are known to be mischievous in groups, however when alone they become timid and try to avoid confrontation.

White: On the night of a full moon, Scratchet like to climb to the highest point they can. Some stray Scratchet have been known to climb buildings.

Final Submission

Species: Playful Pokemon
Height/Weight: 2' 1"/ 35.2 lbs

Black: Scratchet form tribes of six and compete to see which of them is strongest. The winner gets to lead the tribe.

White: It strikes with its claws and teeth if threatened. It will never run away from a fight.

Gray: Its childish nature causes it to play pranks on other Pokemon. It has been known to try to trick Trainers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)