CAP1 - Part 17b - (Pre-Evo Dex Entry Poll 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we vote for those pretty lil' dex entries we all crave! Below are the entries that have made it to this stage of the game.
Tortferngatr
m190049
Ice-cold Claws
This is a bold vote poll, which means that you can vote for only one of the submissions.
  • Do not bold any text other than your votes.
    The script we use to count the votes looks at bolded text, and ignores all other text. You can still write other non-bolded things in your post, but don't bold them or it will mess up your vote.
  • You may vote for only one entry.
  • Spell the name exactly as it is spelled above.
    It is not case sensitive, but please remember that your vote will not count unless it is the name is spelled correctly.
Here are the surviving entries in order of placement in the last poll:
FINAL SUBMISSION

Species:
Tribal Pokemon

Black: It can live in the desert, where it is able to thrive on the water of cacti for months at a time. They will defend their chieftain Tomohawk to the death.
White: They form tribes. Playful yet strong, they helped an ancient civilization build great cities.

Explanation:
I tried to make the B/W entries coincide with Tomohawk's B/W entries. So yeah, the Scratchet that thrives in the desert evolves to help others cope with the desert. The Scratchet who help ancient peoples build a city mourn its loss as Tomohawk.
Final Submission

Species:
Desert Cub Pokemon

Black: They store the nutrients that allow them to survive in the harsh desert climates in their fur. It is for this fur that they were once hunted close to extinction.

White: It is thought by experts that they were once a very common sight long ago. Sighting a pack of them playing is often considered to be a sign that an ancient ruin is nearby.
Final Submission

SCRATCHET

Species: Scratch Cat Pokemon

Black: Though playful and restless by nature, they treat Tomohawk with rare respect.

White: They are often seen chasing Sigilyph, and are deeply inspired by Sigilyph's ability to fly.

Explanations & Justifications:
Species: Meowth's species. Nothing in the world more fitting.
Black dex entry: "playful" reflecting Prankster, and "restless" reflecting Vital Spirit.
Here's our pre-evo so far:
Main Design

Supporting Material

Side-on pose showing spots and egg shaped body.

This Tomohawk prevo concept is a little cub with a protective fluffy egg body. The ruffles around its face show the beginnings of the feather-like fur that Tomohawk uses for flight after it evolves. Its wide, flat, oversized arms hint at wings. Tomohawk's purple markings are foreshadowed in the purple spots on cub-hawk's egg body.

Name: Scratchet
Typing: Normal / Fighting
Base Stats: 55 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 20 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe
Abilities: Scrappy / Prankster / Vital Spirit (DW)
Movepool:
Final Submission

00 Fury Swipes
09 Harden
13 Focus Energy
18 Rock Smash
23 Roar
27 Work Up
32 Submission
36 Hyper Voice
40 Bulk Up
45 Superpower
49 Taunt
53 Rest
57 Retaliate

So, for the level up pool, I took Tomohawk's and removed all the moves that had to do with mythical powers (such as Aura Sphere and Earth Power) or the ability to fly (such as Hurricane and Air Slash), as these are things that Scratchet lacks. Unfortunately, without these moves the level up pool becomes fairly sparse, so I went through the TMs it can learn and chose ones that seemed appropriate and added them in, such as Bulk Up and Retaliate. I also added in Focus Energy from the Egg Moves, because it really needed some basic moves like that (and yes, there are some cases where Pokemon have a level up move as an egg move as well, so its not completely weird).

As far as evolution, like most Pokemon I imagine Scratchet would evolve by level up, and not have any specific requirements. I was thinking possibly requiring a specific move to evolve, but I noticed that the only instances of that happening are when the Pokemon and its evolution were introduced in different generations, and that is not the case for Scratchet, so I think the basic level up method is more appropriate. However, I think it would be cool if it evolved at level 23, because that way it would learn two nearly equivalent moves, Roar and Whirlwind, at the same level. Roar, representing a normal grounded mammal, comes before it evolves and Whirlwind, representing the new powers of flight it has gained, comes after.

TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM54 False Swipe
TM56 Fling
TM60 Quash
TM67 Retaliate
TM70 Flash
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Work Up
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength

The TM set pretty much followed the same logic as the level up moves, remove the mythical power and flying related moves. Though despite removing it from the level up set, I did leave Aerial Ace in the TM pool. This is mainly because while all sorts of Pokemon can learn this move via TM, only Flying types get it via level up (With the single exception of Heracross, which is kinda weird). Additionally, I removed Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, as with the exception of a few who also get one of them via level up, no unevolved Pokemon can learn these TMs (well, unless they were formerly fully evolved).

Baton Pass
Confuse Ray
Focus Energy
Haze
Memento
Nature Power
Rapid Spin
Roost
Stealth Rock
Yawn

Obviously, the egg moves are all the same as Tomohawks, so not much to say here.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)