1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 12 CAP1 - Part 7 - (Art Poll 2)

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by reachzero, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We have now just a short step away from defining the face of CAP1! This will be a Bold Vote, meaning you may vote for one and only one of the submissions. Do not bold any text other than your votes. If one submission gains over 50% of the vote, it will win outright. If none of the submissions gains over 50%, the submission with the fewest votes will be eliminated, and the voting will proceed to a third round.

Here are the three finalists, in alphabetical order:

This poll will remain open for exactly 24 hours. May the best design win!
  2. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

3. deoxys314

deoxys314

4. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

5. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

6. ll_Calypso_ll

ll_Calypso_ll

7. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

Cartoons!

I'm glad he went with this design afterall, and the whole back pose sold it for me :)
  8. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

9. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Three wonderful designs here!

Aragornbird did his usual great line and coloring work, and I love the prospect of having a distinctly "female" CAP. Cartoons has delivered what I consider to be his best CAP design to date. Cute and spunky, but has the right mix of bulk and special bias to fit the competitive elements perfectly. Sentret has the most creative design of the three, and worked so well with the community to incorporate feedback from the submission thread. Plus, I loved all the Panda WIP art we saw along the way. Bravo to all three artists!

I look forward to making a sprite for any of these three designs. But alas, I can only vote for one. By the narrowest of margins, I'm going with

Cartoons
  10. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  11. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  12. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET

aragorn's bird mon comes close second
  13. barty the beetle

barty the beetle

14. A$AP DARKY

A$AP DARKY mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

aragornbird
  15. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

16. GlassAbsol

GlassAbsol

This is going to be difficult, My choice would've been chomzloh. These three were alll worthy of reaching this stage though.
    SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  17. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is one of the hardest polls I have ever had to vote in since joining CAP. I love all three designs, and would be proud to work with any of them for the remainder of this project. Cartoons's design is the strongest, I feel, with so many key elements that excite you without being cluttered. It also looks the most active of the lot, and embodies the stats and the abilities ideally. The panda is excelsior too, though, as the bulky wise sage appeal really speaks to the stats. Perfectly, too, is the softness of a bear offset by the power and strength of a bear; I could easily see this being intimidating. AB's design is spectacular, too, and I can almost not resist the urge to vote for it simply to nickname it Rising_Duck during the playtest! That said, I had to pick one, and by an incredulously slim margin chose Cartoons's for what I think will be a spectacular spriting session and fun CAP to toy around with.

Cartoons!
  18. Chubbs

Chubbs

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET

GOGO SUPER PANDA
  19. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  20. fairytale

fairytale

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  21. kalamadude

kalamadude

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  22. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

23. Midnight Show

Midnight Show

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  24. /vXv\

/vXv\

SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
  25. Sambobz

Sambobz

aragornbird
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)