1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAPJustCAP: 1 Year Old

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by tennisace, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Wyverii

Wyverii "What I cannot create, I do not understand."
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hahaha, I remember I joined this site originally to get into competitive battling then ended up getting totally derailed by this project. Heck, my first post was a sprite entry. Hope to see another prosperous year from this project.
  2. Max

Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Happy birthday, CAP!
  3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

Tekken you're a noob i never said than and also Happy Bday CAP!
  4. Time Mage

Time Mage

Happy birthday!

I'm really happy that this has got some well-deserved respect, because, even if it's evident to the people who follow it, this project REALLY has smogon's competitive spirit in mind, and we have created very unique pokémon, like the first really successful bulk upper (maybe a little too successful :P), a wall-breaking wall, an all-purpose support pokémon... We are transforming the old OU with rich and interesting to use additions, and on top of that, they are blessed with awesome art and sprites!

CAP is awesome.
  5. ParadOxymoron

ParadOxymoron

Happy birthday! :D

I can't wait until next year when I can say it again. :)
  6. Captain

Captain
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I don't have a folder for CaP specific quotes, and I really don't feel like doing a lot of digging in hopes of finding one. I will say that CaP has plenty of entertaining moments on a weekly basis anyway and it's much more friendly and enjoyable place than SU.

I remember a long time ago, Plus informed me that this guy named Eric the Espeon challenged me to be in this weird tournament that might involve the CMS metagame and that I had to go talk to him on CaP...so I did. I first saw it as another excuse to play more CMS matches and really beat the crap out of them in general (to be overly crude) so I became pretty active on the CaP server. In the meantime, I became a poster on the forums out of curiousity (without much postcount cause I don't like the rest of smogon a lot), became a moderator, and recruited Bass onto my team. But what it really comes down to is that I wouldn't have accomplished as much as I did if it weren't for the CaP community being exceedingly awesome to begin with, thanks CaP.
  7. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Since it's our birthday, I baked a cake. And I used a special candle...

[​IMG]
  8. Beej

Beej

Haha the only candle that would do, Doug.
  9. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing who will be the second candle in a years time.
  10. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

A happy birthday also to Justinawe?

Congratulations everyone, this project's come a long way from those few upstart threads in Stark I'd apparently missed. Looking forward to squeezing a few more quality birthdays out before we're stretched and wrinkly and a new generation of Smogontonians carry on the torch.
  11. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Heh.. I was browsing through the old threads and I came upon some more gems.

And, in that same topic, during a discussion/argument with Doug, some user brilliantly posted this:
    A year ago, we would not have known why this is funny.
  12. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

ROFL, it actually LOSES total base stat points while evolving! 110 Atk to 40 Atk?!?!?!?

and happy Birthday CAP, its gone by so fast
  13. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

I didn't say this in the op, but I'm very impressed by what we've made CAP as a community. Great Sage was partially right; this could have been a fanboy clusterfuck like every other project. We started with an idea, we now have a server, a channel, and a forum where we can share them. Keep it up guys!

Anyway:
    Code:
    Magmortified: I'll aim for CAP 7. 
    Magmortified: And focus on riding my concept in CAP 6. 
    tennisace: your concept is penismon 

Silly Mag.
  14. TPM

TPM

I have only been in the CaP project since the very end of Fidgit, so I don't know much, but wow, a year? Just a testament to how awesome the users that come here are, not many things like this last that long (and almost none can claim they battle with their Fakemons). Kudos to all, especially DJD, and lets hope we can celebrate com Nov27 '09!
  15. Goodbar

Goodbar

I'm a little late but happy belated CAP, I joined this project in the beginning but stopped after Rev and came back for CAP 5, and I was pleased and I plan on staying this time :)
  16. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

TM30, I totally forgot about that post! That is truly one of the funniest noob posts ever made in CAP history. For those of you that didn't follow the link, you really need to read the first few sentences:

Priceless...
  17. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>

Is that flask really filled with souls? Or is a jar filled with a yellow-green liquid positioned right below the waist something else? O_o

I love how he tried to take credit for it.

18. cyberzero

cyberzero

Might be a little late, but here's a great server moment:

19. Dragonzrule

Dragonzrule

Just stopped by to say Happy Birthday! Looking forward to more spriting poles.
  20. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Wow, it was the Cap's first Birthday several days ago? I never knew. This had always been, and will be, my favorite server. Congrats to everyone. And thanks to the large handful of people who has made it what it is today.
  21. extra

extra

happy birthday to the community that i havent been a part of for the last four cap projects!!
  22. Lorak

Lorak *leekspin*
    is an Artist Alumnus

Happy birthday, et. al.

I have one strong memory of the CAP projects, other than almost always forgetting about them and missing the art threads: the CAP 4 art submissions I did. And my inability to read "do not do evolutions of existing Pokemon".
    And if you can't choose an idea to submit, submit them all at once as one idea.
  23. ChronoSquare

ChronoSquare

That shiny trapmon animation was definitely my favorite from cap4, Lorak. 8D Oh, that made me smile so much...
  24. Lorak

Lorak *leekspin*
    is an Artist Alumnus

This one?
    [​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)