1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CaPmon Sprite Revamping

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Wyverii, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

2. guddagudda

guddagudda

I wasn't literally voting.

I think that Fidgit would look epic if one of those palm-down hands seen in the back sprite (the back left one, especially) were palm up and clenched.

[​IMG]
    I tried to show you what I mean, but I wound up making what looks like an A-OK symbol with the palm of the hand facing me. I'm literally laughing at how bad my version looks, but I think you get the point.
  3. Wyverii

Wyverii "What I cannot create, I do not understand."
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Sprites mimic the poses their fronts are making. No exceptions.

Here's a quick do-over of Stratagem:
    [​IMG]
  4. guddagudda

guddagudda

well obviously the front sprite would change too.

it was just a thought i was putting out there.
  5. PommyDragon2525

PommyDragon2525

any idea on animating these to make them more like the 5th gen?
  6. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

GOD that would be very complicated for the CaPMon spriters..Are you?
  7. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

No. These are not intended for in-game use, they are intended for the server. The server does not use animated sprites. If an artist wants to do it, they can, but only the unanimated ones will be implemented on the server.
  8. Wyverii

[​IMG]

Syclant. Grounded and cleaned in some areas. Upper body is mostly intact from the original.
  9. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Good posing but the body colours seem a bit dark.

Do you think you could try a slightly lighter shade?
  10. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

You are an amazing bundle of spriting awesomeness, Wyverii! Don't think twice about my sprites. Anything I made got plenty of play on the Gen4 server over the past couple of years, and seeing a fresh new Fidgit sprite is really cool, IMO. I love this version of Fidgit, and all your other revamps too!
  11. Teh_Mysterious_Egg

Teh_Mysterious_Egg

Wyverii- I like the way Fidgit looks, however, it's many wrists/elbows just look like straight lines to me, very spindly, and with the size of his hands, they would just about break off. I think they definitely need beefing up. Also, I personally think that Collosshale(sp?) needs a whole other sprite. No offence to whomever made it, but it looks like a wailord repose gone terribly wrong. It doesn't even resemble collossoil a bit. Also, I am IN LOVE with the Stratagem sprite, the only thing that could be better about it would be a bit of difference in posing, to make it look more alive, and a bit different than last gen's. But it's fine like it is, in execution.
  12. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

I think I am going to take what we have so far and fix them up to be used in PO. I would like to get a new version of the client out this weekend.
    Them's the proportions, man. PokePhysics is not a huge deal, and for all we know, Fidgit could get his high Defense stat from carbon fiber-laced arms. I think stylistically and according to Fidgit's concept, Wyverii's execution is spectacular.
  13. Wyverii

Rev's done, thanks to alch, dogfish and co' at #capasb for some help with adjusting colours and finding mistakes.

[​IMG]
  14. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Wow, that Fidgit is a nice revamp. A good change of pace from the equally exellent original. I'm interested in seeing more sprites like these.
  15. kingdra22

kingdra22

Syclar has an excellent sprite, but I can't help but think of Skorupi when I look at it. o.o
  16. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!

Great work, Wyv. Seeing Syclant posed like that makes me wish I'd stayed closer to the original design in batcap. In the upper torso at least.

Seriously hard work here, especially on Fidgit. I'd like to help out with the Embirch and Flarelm backsprites if we go ahead with the little cup.
  17. ungulateman

ungulateman

It's never too late to change, Toons! ;)

Seeing as my sprite-fu skills are weak, I'll pass on helping out. :/
  18. Newtype

Newtype

This was hard...

[​IMG]

I just attempted to give Kitsunoh a back sprite (didn't change the fronts).
  19. pkmn-taicho321

pkmn-taicho321

Not bad, but I think B@W sprites are less active. You should probably repose Kitsunoh with four on the floor.
  20. Chubbs

Chubbs

It is meant to match the front sprite though, something that it does rather well.
  21. barty the beetle

barty the beetle

I feel too that the new Fidgit sprite is okay, but the Arms look like toothpicks. Maybe make them a bit thicker?
  22. pkmn-taicho321

pkmn-taicho321

Thats why he need to repose the front sprite.
  23. VN.

VN. h a d r i a n +
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Just stopping by to say that most these concepts are great, and this seems like a pretty rad idea. I'd change Privatyke's name to "Piratyke", considering it evolves into a Pirate octopus, however.
  24. Chubbs

Chubbs

Nice bump you got thar.
  25. Objection

Objection

I think the reasoning behind "Privatyke" was that "privateer" is another name for a pirate.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)