CAPTT Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Time for the party to start. Week 1 matches should be completed before Sunday, October 11th at 4 PM Eastern Time.

Naughty Necturnas (3) v Colossal Colossoils (2)

ORAS: BreloomMyHomie v KhosroTheGreat
ORAS: gday v Ununhexium
BW: GiantWhirlpool v jas61292
DPP: innovamania v Coconut.
Dubs: Tahu v flarz

Choice Banded Revenankhs (3) v Vicious Volkrakens (2)

ORAS: Exclaimer v Sota Higurashi
ORAS: heartofgold v SwedishBiscuit
BW: metaphysical v QueenOfLuvdiscs
DPP: Fiend v Imanalt
Dubs: Silverwhiteblue v Sae Sae

Fidgety Fidgits -- Week Off

-If a team wins 3 or more matches in a week, then that team wins the week. At the end of the 5th week, the two teams that have the most weekly victories will move onto the finals. If there is a tie for 2nd place when determining the finals teams, then the team that won the most individual matches will advance. Therefore even after winning 3 matches during a week, it very well might be in a team's best interest to continue and win more. On the flip side, even after losing 3 matches in a week, the losing team should still try to win any remaining matches.

-All matches played must have a replay saved. It is the winner of the match who has responsibility to post the replay for match, though the loser is definitely allowed to confirm the loss with a reply as well, and teammates are allowed to post replays as well; the main point is that replays have to be presented. It is unfair to NOT have your match's replay shared because if every replay is available then it presents an equal access to the proof of the players' skills in the context of this tournament. Not sharing replays makes it harder for a particular player to be studied, which is unfair to the players that do put themselves in the public eye via this tournament and their replays.

-CAP BW, CAP DPP, and CAP Dubs matches must be played on EOS in their corresponding formats, unless a glitch with the format is occurring. This rule aims to prevent cheating within these formats since they do not exist on the main PS server. ORAS matches may be played on main, SmogTours, or EOS.

-Try to contact your opponent immediately and VM them/post a message on their smogon wall. If you opponent agrees on a scheduled time but does not show up for the match, then record proof of this via a screenshot and post it in this thread or PM it to HeaLnDeaL. If your opponent misses a scheduled match on a Friday or Saturday, you may use your screenshot as proof for an activity victory. If you opponent misses a scheduled match before a Friday, it is expected that some sort of serious rescheduling effort is made by both parties unless you specifically stated earlier that you would not be available Friday/Saturday and your opponent acknowledged this. If there is a serious time conflict between players, then at the earliest available opportunity a substitution should be made. Captains and Co-Captains are the only ones allowed to make substitutions, and they can do so by replying to this thread.

-Coinflips will only happen when two teams are tied 2 vs 2 and the the remaining match is questionable on who should gain activity. If a team is 1 vs 1 (or 0 vs 0) and all remaining matches have questionable activity calls, then the CAPTT Johning Clause will activate and both teams will end up losing the week. It should be every team's top interest to avoid a draw situation by having at the bare minimum 3 matches played each week, though obviously having all 5 matches played is preferable. This clause exists because it's flat out ridiculous if a team can't play more than half of their matches every week.

-Ghosting is not allowed, nor is any form of psuedo ghosting. Giving advice to a teammate or friend while they are playing a CAPTT match is not allowed. Planning any sort of schedule to ghost is not allowed. Any ghosting or planned ghosting that is found out will result in the offending team automatically losing the week. If a team is found to have ghosted in at least 2 weeks, they will be disqualified from the tournament and the offending captain and/or players might face bans from future CAP meta tournaments.

-Try to have good sportsmanship and don't be a dick.

-In the event of a disconnect/timeout, the offending player should show proof that the disconnect was genuine. Acceptable proof would include a photographic picture of your computer's disconnect message or blue screen or whatnot with enough external variation to assume you just didn't google the image or whatever. If the proof of the disconnect is determined to be valid, then the player who did NOT disconnect gets to choose how the match will be resumed. Either the match should try to be recreated as close as humanly possible to the way it was at the point of the disconnect (this is the most preferable method-- using server leaders/admins might help in this if they are available and willing), replayed from the start with variation allowed, or replayed with new teams allowed. Having neutral parties start with the original teams and giving the original players player status at the start of the match should be done if the same teams are used, since this prevents team changes from being made. In such a case, HeaLnDeaL or some other trusted neutral authority should retrieve the teams from the team conversation if available, since a good team has them posted before each match for review anyway.

Last edited:
Necturnas V Colossal Colossoils

unbiased opinions

BreloomMyHomie v Tadasuke - Tadasuke has lots more experience, I can see him winning this one fairly easily
gday v ununhexium - sorry to root against my own team, but gday is a player who can make reads and build teams on a fantastic level
GiantWhirpool v Jas##### - lol
innovamania v Coconut - innovamania is pretty good at past gens, but I could see this being a close match
Mr. Nudisto Beach V flarz - gl hf

Revenankhs V Volkrakens

Exclaimer V Sota Higurashi - sorry who are you guys
heartofgold - SwedishBiscuit - I've heard people tell me SB is pretty good, but I've seen heartofgold/pepsiplunge play before, and he's really fucking good
metaphysical v QueenofLuvdiscs - more experienced player jaja
fiend V imanalt - I know imanalt's name so I chose him, screw the system
silverwhiteblue v sae sae - SERIOUSLY WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE

looking forward to a great week! (sorry I dont know everyone, not playing for a year does that to you!)

Choice Banded Revenankhs v Vicious Volkrakens

Goooo Revananhks! *-*

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Naughty Necturnas v Colossal Colossoils
ORAS: BreloomMyHomie v Tadasuke - I can't remember the last time I've even seen Tada play a CAP match, while Tech has been pumping out good squads non stop for a while. Tada has the most overall experience, but Tech definitely has the superior knowledge of the current meta.
ORAS: gday v Ununhexium - gday gday
BW: TinyWhirlpool v jas61292 - For 50k he better win.
DPP: innovamania v Coconut. - No clue how Coconut. plays but innovamia has been testing CAP DPP teams for a while so I'd wager on him.
Dubs: Mr. NudistoBeach v flarz - Mr. NudistoBeach has experience playing dubs while Flarz has experience in getting banned.

Sparky has a lineup full of heavy hitters while Tada has a lineup full of Jas. Should be fairly easy for Necturnas to edge out the win over Colossoils.

We got this shit, lets get em Revenankhs.

Good luck to everyone and lets get some great matches in!

predicts

Choice band Revenankhs vs Vicious Volkrakens
Exclaimer vs Sota Higurashi - more experience, though i think it could be close
heartofgold vs SwedishBiscuit - much more experience, but both are equally accomplished cap players
metaphysical vs QueenOfLuvdiscs - more experience, i would say, but im not sure how good is metaphysical
fiend vs Imanalt - I'm not sure how good any of them are
Silverwhiteblue vs Sae Sae

Last edited:
Naughty Necturnas v Colossal Colossoils
ORAS: BreloomMyHomie v Tadasuke - I think this will be a much closer match than people may be expecting. Tech has great teams and great prediction, and Tada hasn't played ORAS for a while. Having said that, Tada is a very, very good player, and I don't see him losing here.
ORAS: gday v Ununhexium - Another close match, but I think gday will prevail against my teammate hexium. Having said that, I haven't seen either of them play for a while, and hexium could just as easily win this if he plays his cards right.
BW: TinyWhirlpool v jas61292 - jas is god.
DPP: innovamania v Coconut. - I have no idea how either of these 2 plays, but everyone else says inno will win, so I guess inno will win?
Dubs: Mr. NudistoBeach v flarz - Again, never seen either of these play Dubs, but I remember flarz was the real OG from back when I first joined the CAP room, so he gets the nod from me.

I think that us Colos have more firepower than people are estimating, but it'll definitely be a close tie, with each match being extremely important in tipping the balance either way. Go forth Colos, and attain victory!

ORAS: Exclaimer v Sota Higurashi - Exclaimer builds strong teams and plays well with them. I'm afraid Sota isn't quite at her level yet.
ORAS: heartofgold v SwedishBiscuit - There's been a lot of SB hype, but Pepsi has always been very good from the time I've started CAP. Having said that, I don't see either of them very often, but Pepsi should have the skill and experience to kill this off.
BW: metaphysical v QueenOfLuvdiscs - I've not seen meta play, but Queen's ORAS CAP is very good, and I imagine he will strong enough to win in BW too.
DPP: Fiend v Imanalt - No idea - I've heard good things about both of them.
Dubs: Silverwhiteblue v Sae Sae - No idea who you are. Sorry.

Ex and Pepsi should be enough to push the Revens to victory, although I'm afraid I don't know a lot of people on this list ;-;

ORAS: Exclaimer v Sota Higurashi - I'm more confident in Exclaimer's skills than Sota's. Too bad Jiggly didn't sign up for CAPTT, he could've beaten Exclaimer!
ORAS: heartofgold v SwedishBiscuit - http://i.imgur.com/dZ4hnu5.jpg
BW: metaphysical v QueenOfLuvdiscs - both good players, giving the edge to Queen due to cap experience.
DPP: Fiend v Imanalt - I assume Imanalt knows what he's doing, always asking for a dpp cap battle on ps and whatnot
Dubs: Silverwhiteblue v Sae Sae - Silver does dubs

Good luck + have fun Colossoils!

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
ORAS: heartofgold v SwedishBiscuit - Pepsi got this in the bag.
BW: metaphysical v QueenOfLuvdiscs- Who is QueenOfLuvdiscs?
DPP: Fiend v Imanalt - Close, but Imanalt got this
Dubs: Silverwhiteblue v Sae Sae - !dt 9/11

Last edited:
PepsiPlunge (heartofgold) and I aim to play tomorrow THIS SUNDAY NIGHT Thursday night around 7pm CST / 8pm EST.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)