item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
nature: Adamant

Other sets I may or may not include:
  • Special Costa
  • Defensive
  • something else?
go ahead and suggest if you will

ice beam on shell smash is relatively standard. nobody runs mystic water, it's bad. Lo Smash is also a bit difficult because due to your lower def and lo recoil opposing priority can become a problem. I'd add white herb as an item option. Your sr set is kinda bad, people tend to run full phys def or a mixture of phys and special, I'd go bold and replace one of the moves with scald probably waterfall and change the nature to a defensive -speed one. Mainly because all costa running sr are defensive costa sets. You could list offensive sturdy in oo as a lead, since it can beat golem and like garbodor to a degree, it's still p subpar though. Fully special smash costa isn't really a thing and for good reason because mixed w/ ice beam is all the coverage you'll ever need.

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its defensive typing is not bad defensively at all. Resisting Normal, Flying, and checking Sneasel are all really good

For the offensive set: Why is Earthquake slashed with Waterfall? Also Life Orb / Lum Berry is probably the best item slashing

Special Costa and Defensive can stay in OO imo. Fully special is probably not good enough for an analysis, although it's good enough for a large mention in OO; however I wouldn't mind if anyone thinks it's analysis worthy. Defensive too, no recovery and imo little reason to use over Tank set but again I can be convinced otherwise.

^agreeing with this, I'd also mention what its pros and cons over Barbaracle are in the overview, as they're really similar especially to players who are new to the tier.

The thing I like best about fully special is that it OHKOes Tangela and KOes Poliwrath with with some prior damage (read: Sneasel's Knock Off, which pretty consistently puts it in KO range without making it want to Rest), AKA its two best counters, but I've never really been a fan of more lure-oriented sets being full sets as this just makes them less effective. If other people want it to be a full set though I don't have a major problem with it.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Robert Alfons are you still able to work on this? You have 48 hours to finish this skeleton and move it to qc stage, or I'll allow someone else to pick it up. I know you are busy irl, but it shouldn't take too long to move this out of the wip stage.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Robert Alfons are you still able to work on this? You have 48 hours to finish this skeleton and move it to qc stage, or I'll allow someone else to pick it up. I know you are busy irl, but it shouldn't take too long to move this out of the wip stage.
I can not for that exact reason, altho tbf I don't see the need to be in such a hurry

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mostly because I see no reason that all these wips, including this one, stay as wip for over 2 weeks. Not directed at you partcularly, but if you ned an extension you do need to let me know. I can't read minds ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)