Castform in Rain Means Destruction (most of the time)

So i was watching a video on YouTube this morning on a new series called "Bad Teams, Good Times" I thought that I should make a team that involves one of Smogon's Worsts. That Pokemon, is Castform

Castform on paper doesn't look to powerful. Has 70's across the board, and its only use it SEEMS to have would be to set up weather. But because Castform has access to some very strong, and coveted move combinations, I thought it would fit best as a revenge killer. I mean, you have to admit, Hurricane + Thunder is great, especially in rain. So that is what I did, and here is the team that I am working with right now.

Goggles (Castform) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Forecast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Shadow Ball

Goggles the Castform is the star in this team. A choice scarf with 70 speed ain't to bad in PU standards. It can outspeed a lot of fast PU threats, such as Purugly, Persian, and Zebstrika (I wouldn't recommend going into Castform on Zeb unless you have some chip damage) Hurricane and Thunder have perfect accuracy in the rain, and they both are 110 base power, so it makes up for Castform's subpar Sp. Atk stat. Weather Ball in the rain becomes a 100% accurate STAB 100 Base power Water Type Move. I am pretty sure it also gets boosted in the rain. Correct me if I'm Wrong. It hits insanely hard and it will 1HKO Standard Piloswine after Stealth Rock. Last move is the most flexible, and i decided to go with Shadow Ball to hit Kadabra, and Beheeyem. So far, she hasn't disappointed me yet, and I highly doubt she ever will. I mean, you'd be laughing too if you KO'd 4 out of 6 Pokemon on an opponent's team with a Choice Scarf Castform.

Blue Balls (Electrode) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Magic Coat

Blue Balls is one of my two rain setters, and is often my lead. Damp Rock and Rain Dance is self explanatory, and Thunder has perfect accuracy in the rain. Magic Coat counters leads who try to get up stealth rock or status Electrode. Taunt shuts down set up. I MAY add Hidden Power Water for lead Piloswine and replace that with Taunt or Magic Coat. But for now, its doing its job, and doing it well.

Coca Cola (Beartic) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Not only is the Coca Cola Bear a good mascot for a delicious beverage, but under the rain, it is a real pain to deal with. Essentially, when you have 110 Atk with Swords Dance and enough coverage, and Swift Swim bringing you up to 396 with an adamant nature is terrifying. Icicle Crash should explain itself, Aqua Jet picks off weakened opponents, and Superpower hits Steel, Rock, and Fighting types HARD, especially if you get +2. Although his Ice type makes him frail, it can still wreck PU, and will get the job done right.

Fish Sticks (Armaldo) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Armaldo is generally used as a fast sweeper under the rain, but even without SD, it will still dent the opposition. I decided that Rapid spin would help my team more, considering hazards can wear down my team fast. Stone Edge hits flying types that Beartic can't normally reach, or where Castform seems too risky. Knock Off is great for denting spin blockers, and psychic types, and EQ is just a good move in general. Armaldo, you may look like a total fool, but you are good under rain, and the spin support is almost unmatched.

Grampappy (Relicanth) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Waterfall

Its the old rock fish that is probably forgotten a lot in the upper tiers. However, Sturdy guarantees that I get up Rain or Rocks up most of the time (Stupid Bullet Seed...). Head Smash does massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and Waterfall under the rain is always nice. You may look old Relicanth, but you reliCan do your job good enough for me.

Duck Dodgers (Golduck) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

He's time traveled from the 24th and 1/2 century, but Duck Dodgers is here, and here to stay. Being my special Rain Sweeper, and with good Sp. Atk, it hits like a truck. Hydro Pump in the rain is something that CANNOT be ignored, Ice Meme hits grass types, and KO's Gourgeist-Super (I think) and Tangela. Psychic is a good move that hits fighting types that can trouble Armaldo, Relicanth, and Beartic. Rain Dance ensures I can reset the rain in case Electrode and Relicanth are KO'd. Golduck is a strong rain sweeper, and his presence on this team is one key to wrecking everyone.

So, what do you think of my rain team? Feel free to tell me down below, and to suggest any changes. Thanks for looking at my first thread, and I hope this will inspire you to use the Heat Pokemon, Castform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)