Cause Froakie

CAUSE FROAKIE

Introduction

Hey guys, this is another RMT courtesy of me. I haven’t been able to post shit for quite a while now what with the every RMT I post being locked and stuff so now that I have finally spent enough time idling (I hope so :p) I think it’s about time I posted this team. So anyways as you all already know Tornadus-T has gone uber meaning rain loses one of its best sweepers. How do people react? They switch it for the incarnate form or Thundurus-T and call it New Rain. After all is said and done rain teams look the same as ever. I decided to step away from this norm and taking an idea which one of my friends gave to me I decided to build a team using not so standard pokemon which work well just as any other pokemon in rain and are still big threats. This RMT is built around one of my favourite sweepers under the rain which is Toxicroak a.k.a The Frog. As you go into this RMT you will see pokemon here that are not so common in the OU tier but effective as ever so without further ado let’s get into this team.

Team At A Glance

In Depth Look

------------------------------​

The Lead

Crobat (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Cross Poison
- Sleep Talk​

99.9% of the time I will be leading with crobat. Why? Simply because it’s a great lead in terms of scouting my opponent’s lead . Its fast as hell with a base 130 speed which means it has a speed tie only with Jolteon and Aerodactyl both now rare sights in the OU metagame and has a decent base 90 attack stat which is futher boosted by a choice band. Crobat is a great anti-lead in my opinion as it works extremely well against a number of leads as it can u-turn to the appropriate pokemon on my team to deal with the opposing lead or straight out KO It with the sheer power of a choice banded max attack brave bird. The fun doesn’t end there though. Crobat is not only a great lead but also a great cleaner and revenge killer with enough speed to outspeed things like +1 Dragonite and +1 Kingdra making these threats much more manageable. Crobat can also act as a great wallbreaker smashing pokes like gastrodon for heavy damage which my team otherwise struggles against. The EV spread on this set is pretty standard allowing me max attack and max speed with jolly to outspeed the majority of the OU tier. Brave Bird is the crux of this set as nothing likes to switch into a Choice Banded Brave Bird backed by stab. The Almighty ferrothorn itself is 2hko’ed after rocks. U-Turn is a decent move which allows me to scout out the opponents moveset and hits psychic types for decent damage with a Banded U-Turn and also allows me to gain much needed momentum at times. U-Turn allows me to share a volt-turn core between Raikou and Rotom-W and Landorus-Therian. Cross Poison is a filler move on this set which has decent power backed by STAB and a Choice Band. Sleep Talk is a great move for absorbing spore from breloom and amoonguss and outright ko’ing them with Brave Bird or switching out with U-turn or landing decent damage with cross-poison respectively. All in all Crobat is a great member to the team and all it takes is Crobat to show you that you don’t have to be OU to work in OU.

------------------------------

The Physical Wall

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​

Landorus-T joins the team as a rampaging tailed beast, Intimidating opposing physical attackers with its mesmerizing glare. Its great typing, awesome stat distribution, and good coverage bought it its spot on the team. However, this isn't the standard Scarfed Landorus-T most people use- this is the bulky set, the one with even more physical bulk than Gliscor and the one that can rip off chunks of HP from flyers like Salamence / Dragonite and OHKO them on the spot. Landorus's job isn't only to KO things that need KO'ing. It's a physical tank . He sets Rocks, and weakens physical attackers, and then pivots to any of the team’s members who can come in on the opponents poke and deal with it. He also handles Fighting/Ground types much better than Crobat, resisting Fighting and immune to Ground. Landorus's slower U-Turn is really useful against VoltTurn teams- in fact, Landorus's slower U-Turn is my way to VoltTurn teams, because of his slow speed and typing. His powerful EQ is a heavily damaging move in the team. U-Turn allows me to share a volt-turn core between Raikou and Rotom-W and Landorus-Therian. Stone Edge provides desperately needed coverage for pokemon like Tornadus / Volcorona, who would have no trouble sweeping if Landorus couldn't come in to revenge them if Crobat is gone. The EV Spread allows almost max defense with enough HP investment to tank a number of hits from many physical attackers. Landorus acts as a check to many of the physical attackers and fighting types in the metagame including physical dragons which would otherwise wreck my team apart with their powerful stabs. Landorus-T also has great synergy with my teams special wall Rotom-W as Rotom-W can take water and ice type moves all day while rotom-W’s only weakness to grass type is dealt by Landorus fairly well. Landorus stands as an integeral part of my team and one which I cannot do without.

------------------------------

The Special Wall

Rotom-W @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder-Wave
- Pain Split​

Rotom-W is such a versatile pokemon. In fact it seems to be the fix to most of my team’s problems. Rotom-Wash is the electronic device for dealing with rain teams or sun teams or mamoswine or a great special wall. He's such a great team player, having access to a decent moveset for scouting and racking up serious damage. It also has a great ability in Levitate meaning I can laugh off hits from Mamoswine and Landorus. His EV spread is the standard Rotom-W set, and it is to maximize his special bulk, while giving him extra fire power. Rotom-W in my opinion is the most versatile and useful Pokemon in this current meta game. Having only one weakness to Grass types, Rotom-W can really apply pressure to teams with his dual typing and his annoying move set. He also has great synergy with my team, providing support against Mamoswine and the ability to cripple scarfers with T-Wave. Hydro Pump is his best STAB that douses Mamoswine and Fire types alike. It's great for dealing with Landorus as well, and is very powerful when used in the rain even though having minimal investment. Volt Switch is for scouting out of trouble, and giving me a core with Landorus, Raikou and Crobat to annoy the hell out of people with the infamous Volturn strategy. It's also good for scaring away Thundurus-T and frail Water types and now doesn’t even have to worry about taking repeated hurricanes. Thunder Wave always succeeds in paralyzing crippling a lot of faster threats allowing me to pain split on them easily. This move is essential for slowing down faster Pokemon like scarfers which is something to definitely watch out for. His last move is Pain Split, which is used to heal off of healthy Pokemon in order to get Rotom's health back. It's great against Chansey and Blissey who both tank Rotom's moves. Rotom-W opens up new doors for my team, and helps it out against sun, rain, and sand teams. His coverage and support is pretty much what holds this team together. Rotom-W works best with Landorus and Toxicroak. That being said I can proudly say that Rotom-W is the glue of my team and holds the team in place very well.

-----------------------------

The Scarfer

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song​

While choice scarf politoed might not be the best scarfer out there it certainly gets the job done. Politoed is a far cry from the best revenge killer, but a Choice Scarf gives it a chance to flex its power on much faster foes. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Politoed can outpace any Pokemon under 130 base Speed and hit it with the corresponding attack. Hydro Pump gives it just enough power to KO Tornadus/Thundurus reliably with as little as one round of Life Orb recoil, and 2HKO the likes of Starmie, Rotom-W, and Salamence with the help of Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Grass helps me deal with Gastrodon a bit better. Ice Beam is a vital move for this set, revenge KOing not only the likes of an unboosted Haxorus, Salamence, or Hydreigon, but even an Adamant Dragonite with a Dragon Dance under its belt (assuming Multiscale has been broken). The fourth moveslot is Politoed's last resort, useful in situations where simply attacking will not get the job done. A quick Perish Song really ruins any set up sweeper such as CM Latias or CM Reuniclus, and is Politoed's only chance at forcing either foe to switch. This is especially useful against pesky Substitute users, such as Gliscor, who are forced to forfeit their momentum before the timer runs down. The current spread gives me max speed and max special attack with a timid nature for even greater speed. If you’re going to use a pokemon who sets up weather for you it might as well be someone who is fast right? Even though scarf toed may not have the sheer power of specs toed it has the power to outspeed 2HKO Tyranitar after rocks in the sand and OHKO in rain after rocks and that’s fine by me so it’s on the team.

-----------------------------​

The Set Up Sweeper

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch​

Toxicroak is the MVP of this team. It's not hard to see why Toxicroak is such an amazing sweeper in this metagame – rain is so common that it has plenty of opportunities to set up, and its coverage grants it an easy time against sand teams as well. If I'm facing a rain team, I usually aim to sweep mid-game with Toxicroak so that I can weaken the opponent sufficiently. I can get an easy Swords Dance against Politoed and work from there, though I do have to be careful because Psychic is becoming more common. I can also send Toxicroak out once an opposing Choice Scarf Keldeo has revenge killed one of my Pokemon, as Toxicroak resists or is immune to almost all its moves bar Hidden Power. With a Life Orb, Toxicroak can actually OHKO most of the threats that it will face in this metagame, and Sucker Punch is actually pretty powerful. If the opponent is using sand, I use Toxicroak to clean up in the late-game, as Jirachi will have far fewer opportunities to pull off a sweep. Drain Punch threatens most common Pokemon on sand teams, and for opposing Gliscor and Landorus, I have Ice Punch waiting. The main draw to using Toxicroak is its ability, Dry Skin. With Dry Skin, I get a net gain of 2.5% HP after each turn with the Life Orb recoil. This means that Toxicroak will stick around for a long time, and my Life Orb boosts are virtually free in the rain. As said before drain punch (now legal with ice punch) is a powerful stab that dents anything not resisting it at +2 while regaining HP increasing toxicroak’s survivability. Ice Punch threatens Gliscor and Landorus respectively as none of them can take a +2 Ice Punch and you can add multiscale dragonite to that list too. Sucker Punch is my only form of priority which allows me to deal with faster threats fairly easily and outright ko half the metagame with sucker punch after prior damage. It's not hard to see why Toxicroak has become so popular this metagame.

-----------------------------

The Cleaner

Raikou @ Choice Specs

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt-Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball​

Raikou is yet another underrated UU threat that works just as well in OU. I dare you to tell me otherwise after you see the power Specs Raikou wields. Raikou has great things going for it. Its high base 115 Special Attack which makes it a powerful special sweeper with choice specs further boosting its power and with a extremely high base 115 speed stats which means it outspeeds the most common ou sweepers unless they have a few speed boosts under their belt or they hold a scarf. Raikou’s decent bulk means it can also take a few hits such as scarf keldeo’s HP ice and celebi’s earth power fairly well and retaliate with the thunder and shadow ball respectively. Raikou has a decent movepool and having gained volt-switch this generation it becomes a slightly slower yet a bulkier version of a jolteon. Volt-Switch is a move which gets decent power thanks to specs and allows me to scout while forming a decent volt turn core with rotom-w, landorus-t and crobat which is all fine and dandy. Next up on the moveset list we have thunder powerful electric type move with a base power of 120 and with perfect accuracy in rain meaning that once raikou fires this off anything which doesn’t resist it and has taken previous damage before can say their prayers. Hidden Power Ice helps deal with dragons a whole lot easier and forms the much hyped about bolt-beam combo which only a handful of pokemon resist. Shadow ball remains an effective means to deal with latios and celebi who don’t take much damage even from a specs hidden power ice. Raikou is more of a late game cleaner of the team but has no problem revenge killing slower pokes due to its superior speed and sheer power. After all is said and done you see that Raikou is no pushover and is a huge threat to deal with so watch out for this legendary dog and making the mistake of underestimating it while cost you dearly.

Importable

Code:
Crobat (M) @ Choice Band 
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Cross Poison
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers 
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 SDef
- Stealth Rock	
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-W @ Leftovers 
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder-Wave
- Pain Split

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf 
Trait: Drizzle
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt-Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Conclusion

Thanks for taking time off for reading this RMT. Be sure to give your comments and suggestions as I will take most of your suggestions into consideration and if you like the team be sure to click the like button on the top right and give me that luvdisc!

Final Glance

Hi, there

The most significant weakness of the team seem to me the Dragons in general, especially with that Latios Draco Meteor, Surf and Psychock against this team can do really big damage, because you have no Pokemon resistant to dragon moves, perhaps to the physical as Outrage, Landorus can use-T in the long run, however, goes well and KO Landorus-T is precious to Terrakion and Lucario, if we add the burden of looking after the Dragons, Landorus-T alone can not do it.
To resolve this issue suggest Ferrothorn> Crobat, partly because you're not considered Rapid Spinner and without Roost Crobat between various damage and damage of Stealth Rock, so please come into the field, would have very little income, Ferrothorn protects you from Latios and Latias and moves dragon physical in general, also may place Spikes, useful to facilitate the sweep of Toxicroak.

Doing this, however, changes hopefully fixes the glaring weakness to dragons, but it would create a to Sunny Day Team, finally solving also suggest that Latios Life Orb> Raikou, Latios can spam with extensive damage, especially against Sunny Day Team of course, as well as exploit the increased power of Surf under the Rain and with Recover, recover HP.
Best used with Life Orb instead Choice Specs to not get stuck on a move, which can sometimes land setup for your opponent, especially getting stuck on Draco Meteor against a hypothetical Heatran, which can be found in the Sunny Day Team.

Sets
Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Dwayne

This is a solid rain team and I like the fact that you aren't afraid to use less commonly seen Pokemon in OU such as Crobat and Raikou. Looking at your team, it seems to be especially threatened by Special Attacking Dragons due to your lack of a Steel type. Choice Specs Latios can come in and fire off a Draco Meteor that will OHKO something everytime. For this weakness, I suggest replacing Choice Band Crobat with a Specially Defensive Jirachi with a moveset of Body Slam / Iron Head / Wish / Protect. Jirachi is one of the best checks to the likes of Latios and Latias due to her Steel typing and her massive Special Defensive bulk. She can cripple them with paralysis from Body Slam and flinch hax them with Iron Head. Paralysis support is great for your team as it lets Landorus-T and Toxicroak outspeed some Pokemon they normally would not be able to . It also significantly diminishes the threat of opposing Scarfed Pokemon. Wish support helps Jirachi not only heal herself but also her teammates and Protect allows her to activate Wish the following while also providing an extra round of Leftovers recovery as well as scouting out your opponent.

On Rotom-W, I suggest using Will-o-Wisp over Thunder Wave. With Jirachi, your team will already have a way of spreading Paralysis and Will-o-Wisp is useful for Pokemon that don't really mind paralysis but are significantly crippled by a burn such as Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, and Scizor. I would change Landorus-T's EV spread to 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def. By making the change to Jirachi, you will already have a great special wall so you can focus on investing Landorus-T with more physical bulk. With the improved physical bulk and access to Intimidate he can more easily check Physical Dragons and Terrakion.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef -SAtk)
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Protect

tl;dr
Choice Band Crobat ----> Specially Defensive Jirachi
Thunder Wave on Rotom-W ----> Will-o-Wisp
Landorus-T's EV Spread ----> 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def

Hi there,

Cool team you got here, Crobat is certainly an interesting Pokemon to use in OU. Anyway, as for your team I think your real problem is the lack of a Steel type. You really have no safe switch-ins for Dragons, as Rotom-W cannot continually take hits from variants of Latias / Latios as it has no recovery, while Landorus-T similarly has trouble continually beat the physical Dragons, despite it's massive physical bulk. Both of Ferrothorn and Jirachi are good options for you if you want to replace Crobat, but if you do choose either of these you will need to run some form of recovery, whether it be Leech Seed or Wish.

Alternatively, if you want to keep Crobat on your team, then there is another way around it. However much Rotom-W does for your team, I think it also opens up a lot of weakness. As a result, variants of Celebi cause you trouble, even moreso when Stealth Rocks are up and Crobat cannot keep switching it. I think a Calm Mind Latias would work over your current Rotom-W, giving you a much more reliable answer to things such as offensive Politoed and Sun Teams as you have recovery, while Latias also helps you out against Breloom, Keldeo and Thundurus-T, all of which look pretty threatening when played correctly. I'd argue Specially Defensive Rotom-W has lost some of it's effectiveness now that Tornadus-T has gone, and for this team in particular I don't think it's particularly useful.

Speaking of using Crobat in your team, I'm not really too sure that your current set is the most effective. I understand the power that Choice Band Crobat may have, but honestly I think you'd get much more use out of changing the set slightly. In general, you look kind of hazard weak, especially when you have no way to prevent them and with so many Choiced Pokemon you'll be needing to switch a lot, which may spell your own downfall. I think a spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe with a set of Taunt / Super Fang / Roost / U-Turn or Brave Bird would work much better, as you now have a way to block hazards from Deoxys-D leads with Taunt, while also compensating for the health you lose on Stealth Rock with Roost. Super Fang is also great for chipping down certain walls that Toxicroak / Raikou may not be able to break through, and can force a lot of switches which does seem to fit in nicely with your offensive team. In general, it supports the rest of your team immensely, and I think you might be able to setup and sweep much more consistently with Toxicroak.

Also on the topic of Toxicroak, I think you might want to try out a Jolly Nature. Given that you're already packing Swords Dance and a Life Orb, I'm not too sure if you'll miss the power that Adamant provides. The extra speed with Jolly is crucial as there in Toxicroak's Speed Tier that a Jolly Nature allows you to outspeed -- most notably stuff like Offensive Heatran, Dragon Dance Dragonite and Fast Gliscor, all of which can be dealt with by the appropriate coverage move.

Good luck!

Hi Dwayne.
It is a very interesting team, I appreciate a lot your team, and I love Raikou it is a very good pokemon in UnderUsed, but I see a weakness against Latios, you can't do anything to tank his Draco Meteor, Crobat is OHKO, Rotom-W also, Politoed is 2HKO, Raikou is OHKO and Landorus-T is 2HKO, then even if you put Toxicroak to use Sucker Punch, the opponent can switch and come after to continue. You are very disadvantaged against Reuniclus CM Bulk, Reuniclus violate your team because after a Calm Mind it is 3HKO by Shadow Ball of Raikou@Choice Spec and Hydropump of Politoed@ Choice Scarf, then Reuniclus is 2HKO/3HKO by Brave Bird of Crobat Bander (252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252 + Def Reuniclus: 198-234 (46.69 - 55.18%) - 13.28% chance to 2HKO), your team is weak against Gengar sub also, because after a substitute he 2HKO/3HKO all Pokemon in your team, Landorus-T is 3HKO by ShadowBall, Politoed is 3HKO by Shadowball also, 2HKO with Stealth Rock (252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / SpD Politoed 0: 132-156 (40.99 - 48.44%) - guaranteed 3HKO) and Rotom-W is forced to attack against Gengar because it can not use Paint Split against the Substitute, then generally Gengar has Paint Split, I suggest you to Jirachi specially Defensive on Crobat, Jirachi is a very good pokemon for your team, it can easily come on Latios, Latias, Reuniclus, Gengar then it has Wish to heal, and it can also come on Alakazam, which is a very good counter against your team.

Now you have nothing to counter Sun Teams or Venusaur, because Landorus-T is 2HKO by SolarBeam and Toxicroak is 2HKO by Hidden Power Fire under sun with his ability (Dry Skin), Raikou is 2HKO by SolarBeam. Then your team is very disadvantaged against Rotom-W, you have nothing for tank properly his Volt Switch, Landorus-T can take a Will-o-Wisp or a Hydropump, Raikou is 2HKO by Hydropump under Rain and without Rain (28 SpA Rotom - W Hydro Pump vs. HP 0 / 0 SpD Raikou: 139-165 (43.3 - 51.4%) - 6.25% chance to 2HKO)
28 SpA Rotom - W Hydro Pump vs. HP 0 / 0 SpD rain in Raikou: 210-247 (65.42 - 76.94%) - guaranteed 2HKO), I suggest you Latias LO on Raikou, Latias is a very good pokemon for your team also, it is a very good counter against the Sun team and Venusaur but it is also a very good counter for Rotom because it can easily Tank Hydropump and Volt Switch and Latias has Recover to heal.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spe)
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Wish

Tl;dr
Crobat--->Jirachi
Raikou--->Latias

Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your Team.

~Leftiez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)