1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Cause sand, rain, and baton pass beating sun team is good.

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by thesynchrohero, Mar 17, 2013.

1. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou12081119
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou12085709

Naruto (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - SolarBeam
    - Flamethrower
    - Will-O-Wisp

What OU sun team can work without this guy ?

Moves : Hypnosis cause sleep is good, Solarbeam is a water killer, flamethrower is here because sun-boosted STAB and Will-O-Wisp because that is what let former team member Gothelle stall-out a T-Tar that apparently had no dark moves.

Playstyle : Depends on the opposing team, if weather I send him out to burn or hypnosis opposing weather starters and I generally just use him to be an annoying tank, status absorber and weather setter against weather teams.

Nickname : From the rby tiers mkIII hitmonlee analysis.

Noi (Infernape) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance

This guy just blows through stuff after a swords dance.

Moves : Fire Punch for a sun, life orb and iron fist boosted Stab move, ThunderPunch for killing water-types, like it did to win me the weather war vs the SOLE rain team I encountered, Mach Punch for Priority and second Stab and Swords Dance cause he blows through stuff at plus two.

Battle Style : I use him to just break down my opponents strategy, such as the match where I used him to kill my opponents Politoed allowing me to wim the weather war, or later that day when I used his +0 fire punch in sun to kill a Volcorona to win me the match.

Nickname : A creepypasta

Frozen 55% (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Claw

FROZEN 55% SMASH!!!!!!! but seriously, if you don't have a good dragon-resist something is dying to outrage.

Moves : Outrage for murdering stuff, Fusion Bolt for Water types, Stone Edge for Flying types and Dragon Claw to murder stuff when I can't afford to be locked in.

Play Style : He's my go to Poke when I need something dead that isn't a steal type cause specs Palkia's Draco Meteor fails to outpower Outrage on a pokemon with equal defense Stats.

Nickname : He's frozen, and He's 55% of what he could be.

Lati Bomb (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunderbolt
    - Luster Purge
    - Roost

It's a bomb.

Moves : Draco Meteor is an atomic bomb, Thunderbolt for coverage, Luster Purge because 50% chance can stack up quickly and Roost for healing when I force something out.

Playstyle : I usually send it in when I think I can get a kill with one shot early-game and save the surprise of haxing more then then Rachi's elemental punches for late game.

Nickname : It's a bomb.

Superachi (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - ThunderPunch

Superaichi wrecks stuff with Hax, need I say more ?

Moves : Iron Head because what physical 'rachi doesn't use it, and the Elemental Punches forStatus Hax and coverage.

Play Style : I use Jirachi to come in and either Hax stuff to death or use it's brilliant 4 move coverage to hit something for a deceptively hard hit.

Nickname : I have 1-0 from 1-4 with this guy, he deserves his nickname.

Soul Eater (Chandelure) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Energy Ball
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flame Charge

It's a Chandelure that has a 50% chance of beating Scarf Ditto, one of the best Chandlure counters as long as Ditto switches in on the Flame Charge.

Moves : Flame Charge for boosting Chande's mediocre speed, Fire Blast for killing stuff in the sun, Energy Ball for blowing up water-types that switch in hoping to absorb a Fire Blast and Shadow Ball for a strong Stab in all weathers.

Play Style : Early to Mid-game I force something out to hit the switch in with the appropriate move, while Late-game I use the switch to get a Flame Charge and I start killing stuff.

Nickname : Multiple Pokedex entries.

So that's my team, please give me help on it because I always want to improve.
  2. AeroNightmare

AeroNightmare

Not a bad team but you have 3 pokes weak to rocks, no spinner and no real phys wall. Maybe drop chandy for donphan?
  3. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is a pretty solid team; some things need to fixed though.

-I suggest having a Scarf Chandelure. Flame Charge is a viable move, but with all the powerhouses in OU, and with Chandelures less than par defenses, it makes for a killer revenge killer. Using a turn to set up Flame Charge is more than enough for Pokemon such as Donphan, Keldeo (huge favorite to sun teams), NastyPlot Thundurus, and more to 1HKO Chandelure. All the change that you need to do to Chandelure is change the 4th moveslot; from Flame Charge to Hidden Power Fighting, to handle those pesky Dark-types.

-[EDIT] Just noticed; why Roost on a Choiced Set? Yes, it helps with healing when you force switches, but it just isn't reliably in the long run. I suggest Dragon Pulse > Roost, just for that fact that you don't want to be locked into Draco Meteor, and have the opponent have a free turn as you switch out; Dragon Pulse will let you attack with no recoil.
    (If you MUST have a healing move, [which you honestly dont need] why Roost > Recover? Recover is generally better for Latios.)

-As Aero mentioned above, you team does need a spinner, and you have no walls. Donphan, as Aero said, is a great solution to that. I'd suggest replacing Jirachi for Donphan. Jirachi is a powerful and great beast to your team, but overall, having a Jirachi on a sun team not only increases its weakness to Fire-types, it adds to the ground-type weakness your team severely suffers by. I'm trying to avoid making many changes to your team, and keeping you theme intact, but a spinner on your team is a must. Here is the set I recommend:

[​IMG]
    Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

This set not only gives you a spinner, but it also gives you a Stealth Rock user (which you lacked) and a defensive wall, all in one. With its STAB Earthquake to cause damage to opposing foes, and Toxic to cripple the opponent, Donphan should be a good addition to your team.

-Now, let's focus on the Keldeo weakness on your team. You have Pokemon to handle Rain, but wouldn't adding a grass type to your team benefit your team well? How about a Venusaur? Take a look at this calculation for a second:

252 SpA Keldeo Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 152-180 (50.33 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With Sun out, Venusaur can not only outspeed Keldeo, it can walk it's only SE attack against it, and KO Keldeo with Giga Drain. I suggest Growth Venusaur on your team. It would either replace your Infernape or Kyu-B. I'm leaning more towards replacing Infernape, as it doesn't help your team as much as it should with your partners, while Kyu-B's power is a great aid, and can go against types that the rest of your team can't handle, though it's your choice of who to replace. Here is the set I have for Venusaur:

[​IMG]
    Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Growth
    - Giga Drain / SolarBeam
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Sludge Bomb / Sleep Powder

This set should help you against opposing Rain/Sand teams, as well as being a deadly sweeper in the Sun. Giga Drain is the preferred STAB for recovery purposes, though Solar Beam could be used for that increased power. Same for the last moveslot; Sludge Bomb is the secondary STAB, though, Sleep Powder can rid of Venusaurs threats, or force a switch. Growth is +2 in sun, and with Venusaur's doubled speed, you will be glad you have it along.

Summary of Key Points (open)

[​IMG] -> [​IMG][​IMG]
    Dragon Pulse > Roost on [​IMG]
    [​IMG] --Replaced By --> [​IMG]
    [​IMG] or [​IMG] --Replaced By -->[​IMG]

That's all I have for your team; I hope I've been an aid to you. God luck with your team! =)
  4. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

I'm going to try the suggestions, venu over kyu-b though because Infernape is how I beat rain. well, infernape and massive overpowering.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)