Celebi (Baton Pass) [QC 3/3]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Writing this up separately from yee's Celebi revamp

[SET]
name: Baton Pass
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Calm Mind / Nasty Plot
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Substitute / Hidden Power Fire
item: Leftovers
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Calm Mind > Nasty Plot, since it is much easier to pass CM boosts than NP boosts.
101 HP Sub makes Chansey / Blissey set-up fodder and protects the CM recipient on the turn of Baton Pass
Substitute also blocks Dragon Tail - Careful Dragonite's Dragon Tail does not break Celebi's Substitute. After 3 CMs, not even Rain Tank's Hurricane would break Celebi's Substitute most of the time.
Specially Defensive spread makes setting up CMs on special sweepers much easier.
HP Fire can be used over Substitute to take out Skarmory before it can phaze Celebi's special attack boosts.
Many Rain Pokemon are set-up fodder for Celebi

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
Thunder Wave gives it 25% fp chance of BP success against phazers, and it's a generally good utility move.
Earth Power to dispatch Heatran, which may phaze Celebi
84 SpA to OHKO specially defensive Heatran with a +2 Earth Power or a physically defensive Skarmory with a +2 HP Fire
72 Spe to beat Modest Heatran to the punch.
Swords Dance & Seed Bomb / Zen Headbutt to pass Atk boosts
Magic Coat / Espeon to cockblock phazers
Recover to keep it healthy
Rain support is nice to ensure Leftovers recovery and halving Fire moves. Obviously Celebi wouldn't use HP Fire in this case.
Special sweepers that benefits from a few SpA boosts, such as Thundurus-T, Keldeo, Starmie, Latios, Volcarona.
Wish Passer / Heal Wisher, such as Jirachi to keep Celebi healthy.
Teammates that can deal with Scizor, PSong Celebi, Volcarona, and Tornadus. Heatran is a good answer to many of them; Scizor can Pursuit-trap Celebi / Tornadus; Jirachi is the best answer to Tornadus; Gyarados checks Scizor & Volcarona.
NP + Tanga Berry

Looks good for the most part.

I would slash swords dance in after NP since it is basically the same thing for a physical recipient. Also, if it is focusing primarily on calm mind passing, wouldn't a physically defensive spread work well?
Also note that scarf genesect IS definitely a problem, and CM will give it an attack boost to OHKO you with before you can baton pass out.

Terrakion is a cool partner to pass SD to because it resists fire, bug, and gets an attack boost from non pursuit dark moves.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
might be too gimmicky Pocket but in AC you could mention Tanga Berry which would let you survive a U-Turn from Choice Scarf Genesect (unless I fucked up my calcs which is entirely possible) and let you Baton Pass your boost to whatever they U-Turned into. (Or you can go for a second boost I guess if you predict them going to something that cannot KO you before you BP out). Might be better in OO tho, up to you.

(If I fucked up my calcs pls ignore what I just said xD)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you guys want QC input on it, SubBP Celebi is still good, and got a bit better with Tornadus-T banned. Just tried it out on a random BP team and it did pretty good, so this definitely can still be written up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)