Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover
- Swords Dance

Swords Dancing Celebi the base of the team in reality. Enough Speed EVs to outspeed Sala and friends before they ko it, HP Fighting is used for TTar since it's more of a threat then Gengar imo.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 16 Def / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

Yeah no Explosion, Rock Slides used mostly for Zapdos [and the rare Moltres].

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

I'm thinking of using Double-Edge over Taunt any thoughts?

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Maybe you know this guy.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Magneton used mostly to kill Skarmory which is a pain when using this team.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 136 Def / 8 Spd / 68 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

Sleep Talking Snorlax since I'm lacking something that can take sleep.

Pretty boring Swords Dancing Celebi team but meh. I think I'm missing something and help?

First off, the main issue here imo is that, CELEBI IS A HORRIBLE STARTER. No seriously, I think just about every common starter has the advantage over Celebi, even Tyranitar, which HPFight doesn't KO without an SD, and who could KO back should it be a CB'er. Then you have Metagross, that's always fun to face Meteor Mashes, or you have Aerodactyl, not too much of an inviting crowd for you to start off with. Lastly, we even have SubPass Zapdos, who will get a free switch to something.

Gyarados seems to have a lesser purpose imo, I'd just go with Salamence, reason being is that speed seems to be semi-lacked on this team. At least Salamence is respectably quick enough without having to boost it's speed.

Other than that, the only issue would be Snorlax's EVs. I'd rather Max HP before putting that much into Defense.

Also if yuo change Magneton into a sleep talker, you potentially have a Gengar counter and already with Metagross/Swampert on the team, Magneton would prove very useful against it therefore giving Snorlax Earthquake, which is a better fit if you get an SD off to it, but have to face Tyranitar or Metagross. If you should go that route, Magneton doesn't need anymore than roughly 320 Special attack, which afterwards, giving it enough speed to your likings, doesn't have to be max, and rest into HP.

I like to use HP [Bug] on my SD Celebi since other Celebi and sometimes Sceptile like the switch in on it, fearing Leech Seed.

And it can still hurt Tyranitar

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
yes but then you lose some fire power against blissey which i suspect is the biggest reason he runs hp fighting and not bug.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I run my Celebi slow so I can BPass after he takes the hit, getting my sweeper in at full health.
You can outrun HP Bug TTar without any SPD EV anyway, and HP Bug Flygon won't OHKO you so you can still BPass, and CBMence won't OHKO you too. It would really suck if you get outpredicted and the opponent EQ as you send Gross in, as you won't be able to take 2 EQs from pretty much anything, so I like to run Celebi slow :P

Other then that, I hate Swampert, he's gay, really.

Well if Blissey switches in, then it's pretty much a free set up as you can Swords Dance, see what it does, and then Baton Pass to a counter

since H. Pump on Swampert's main purpose is getting rid of Skarm, and since you have Maggy, HP Bug on that Pert is a respectable option. Taunt on Gyarados is pretty needed imo, since otherwise you cannot get past Calmcune.

Also if yuo change Magneton into a sleep talker, you potentially have a Gengar counter and already with Metagross/Swampert on the team, Magneton would prove very useful against it therefore giving Snorlax Earthquake, which is a better fit if you get an SD off to it, but have to face Tyranitar or Metagross. If you should go that route, Magneton doesn't need anymore than roughly 320 Special attack, which afterwards, giving it enough speed to your likings, doesn't have to be max, and rest into HP.
Yeah I changed Magneton to use the Rest Talking set, and added Earthquake over Sleep Talk on Snorlax.
I like to use HP [Bug] on my SD Celebi since other Celebi and sometimes Sceptile like the switch in on it, fearing Leech Seed.

And it can still hurt Tyranitar
I like being able to ohko Tyranitar with a Swords Dance HP fight then ohkoing other Celebi, it also scares away the sp walls.

I run my Celebi slow so I can BPass after he takes the hit, getting my sweeper in at full health.
You can outrun HP Bug TTar without any SPD EV anyway, and HP Bug Flygon won't OHKO you so you can still BPass, and CBMence won't OHKO you too. It would really suck if you get outpredicted and the opponent EQ as you send Gross in, as you won't be able to take 2 EQs from pretty much anything, so I like to run Celebi slow :P
Meh I like having Speed on Celebi. Being able to bp to the BP to one of my recivers before it actually hits Celebi.
since H. Pump on Swampert's main purpose is getting rid of Skarm, and since you have Maggy, HP Bug on that Pert is a respectable option. Taunt on Gyarados is pretty needed imo, since otherwise you cannot get past Calmcune.
I could try using HP Bug over Hydro Pump, Maybe I should use:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 136 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Any thoughts?

Nope, I'd rather still have Ice Beam on there somewhere, wouldn't want to be able to switch into Flygon only to have difficulty killing it. You'd also be kicking yourself if you miss RS on Salamence and it proceeds to get off an extra DD or an extra hit to kill you. Gyarados would still provide a problem, but should it situationally switch into Swamp, RS might not be as sound anyways, so with the Gyara problem, a little bit of Magneton+Gyarados to mess with it's two attacks before giving Snorlax the green to kill their Gyara as Lax is bulky enough if Gyara doesn't get any boosts.

Yeah other Gyarados seem to be a pain. I'm thinking of using Aerodactly over one of my pokemon to somewhat scare off other Gyarados.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

If I do use it should I stay with Lum Berry of Choice Band?

Why? It's not like you're going to Taunt Skarmory if it's dead to Magneton, and I think Suicune's first priority is to Surf it. Weezing pretty much gets raped by a +2 attack and then another, and isn't even used. Honestly, I'd just straight up go with Leftovers if you expect it to help with Gyarados. And if you're that worried about status, just stick Sub so you're protected against Dusclops.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus

Other then that, I hate Swampert, he's gay, really.
Yeah, but being slower means you might take the hit when you SD then die when you'd want to Baton Pass.

I also like Speed on Celebi mainly to outspeed Heracross and BP to my Gyarados/Salamence [using Salamence atm].

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
well i've used both a speedy celebi and a slow celebi bp-er and they both work effectively in different situations. sometimes you'll rather have celebi take the hit than what you're bringing in. it basically comes down to whatever the user feels comfortable with. if you run a slower celebi you just have to be a bit more cautious in terms of letting it take hits (although, if it's slower, it's typically more defensive-oriented anyway).

I like being faster, it'll make your opponents be on their heels if they're using something like a CB'er, cause once they find out that you're slow, that Heracross and Salamence will be more confident in killing you =x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)