SM Ubers Celestial Knights

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Introduction
Hello everyone, CKW here and I'll be RMTing this fun MMY Hyper Offence I made after the new mega stones got released. This team was initially meant to be posted for the Team Building Competition but I completely forgot to post it :p

After finding some success on the ladder, I decided to use this squad for my first RMT!
Also, plz excuse my English, not really my first language.

The Team

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake

So first off, we have our dedicated lead Excadrill. This Pokemon is arguably the best lead hazard setter in the meta right now as it usually beats other common leads and also provide a form of hazard removal, which helps a lot when you've got a Yveltal in the team.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Been waiting for months to use this legend and now here it is. Standard Calm Mind MMY that weakens Pokemon like Primal Groudon and Magearna which makes it easier to sweep with Geomancy Xerneas. Fire Blast 2HKOes Magearna while a Psystrike on Primal Groudon weakens it enough to the point where Xerneas can sweep late game with ease. Ice Beam is required to OHKO Zygarde-C, prevent Mega Salamence from setting up and also deals a crap ton of damage to Yveltal. Taunt prevent the likes of support Arceus formes from Defog-ing SR and my team kinda needs rocks on the opposing side.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Next up, we have a standard Dual Dance Primal Groudon. You honestly can't have any reason to not use this Pokemon in the tier. Great Rock-Ground coverage makes it a great late game cleaner. It also
softchecks Xerneas and walls Magearna The EVs are pretty standard; 168 HP and 36 SpD allows Primal Groudon to live a +2 Focus Blast/ Hidden Power Ground from Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage, while the 64 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed everything up to Jolly Choice Scarf Lando-T.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Yveltal performs a lot of roles in this team and its typing is pretty vital in checking Ghost-types that would otherwise plow through my team. Its ability to check Lunala, Giratina-O, and Ghostceus
is heavily appreciated by the squad and its also the team's only Ground immunity, IMO, something that's really important in HO teams. I kept Taunt here to improve its matchup versus support Arceus formes like Arceus-Dark. I often find myself going for Taunt predicting Supportceus, which prevents it from Defog-ing Stealth Rocks. Taunt also stops Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Celesteela from getting too annoying with their Leech Seed-Protect Shenanigans. I wanted to keep Sucker Punch since I need it for the newly released Mega Mewtwo formes.

Arceus-Ghost @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Next up, I noticed that my team has built up a weakness to EKiller Arceus and I also needed something to stop Pokemon like Cloyster and Excadrill from Rapid Spinning the opposing SR and since I haven't taken up my Arceus slot yet, why not go with SD Arceus-Ghost. The sets pretty standard: +2 Never Ending Nightmare OHKOes standard offensive Yveltal after Stealth Rock damage. Being able to remove such a treat makes it easily for teammates like Primal Groudon and Mega Mewtwo Y to clean up the rest of the opposing Pokemon. Brick Break is there to hit stuffs like Ekiller and Ttar, while Extreme Speed is always lovely to have.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Now to end it off, we have a lovely Geomancy Xerneas. 240 HP prevents it from getting 2HKOed by Life Orb Yveltal'sOblivionn Wing as well as preventing an OHKO from +2 Life Orb EKiller Arceus after Stealth Rock damage. 84 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed everything upto +1 Adamant Mega Salamence. Thunder allows it to hit Fairy resists like Celesteela and Ho-Oh while Focus Blast allows it to OHKO Steel types such as Ferrothorn and deal a good amount of damage to Solagaleo, Magearna, and Bronzong. Mega Mewtwo Y + Xerneas is pretty cool Offensive core. They both have some common checks and can weaken them to support each other's sweep.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Arceus-Ghost @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 220 HP / 184 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

So that's basically it on this team. Will appreciate any tip that can make this team better.
Thanks for reading

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Awesome team, just a few comments:

* Excadrill:

Rock Tomb can stop Salamence from setting up but Toxic can be used to poison Mega Sableye and annoy Defoggers.

* MMY:

This thing suffers from Yvetal. It will die from 0 Atk Life Orb Sucker Punch, so how about Will-O-Wisp? I mean if you are going for sweep you can run CM but if you want some damage input before MMY faints Will-O-Wisp will let it dodge Sucker Punch while having better stance against physical attackers.

* Xerneas:

I am RNG hater; that means I hate Focus Blast. I would say HP Ground is much more reliable in general. Even if you are afraid of Genesect, Thunder still OHKOs it, and literally all Pdon invest some bulk to survive +2 Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, and +2 Moonblast is enough to 2HKO Pdon.

Hai bud~
Awesome team you got here. really sad that you didn't post it in the teambuilding competition thread, you would have won tbh=p. Anyway let me give you a small rate.

My biggest concern is the matchup against status moves. There isn't any status answer on your team and this is required even in an offense build mainly to avoid the annoying status spam from Arceus support formes or stall/balance teams in order to keep the momentum, to resolve this I suggest Aromatherapy over Focus Blast on Xerneas.
Another thing I don't really like is CM on Mega Mewtwo-Y, it's the only pokemon able to prevent Defog since most of Arceus supports are running enough speed to either outrun Mega Lucario or LO Yveltal; Stealth Rocks are very important on this team because Ho-Oh and Lugia are annoying which is why I think Taunt is the best moveslot for Mega Mewtwo-Y; it also helps a lot preventing foes' boost like Geomancy Xerneas, Swords Dance Arceus, Rock Polish Primal Groudon or the recovery from defensive threats.
Lastly, I really doubt if double Taunt is going to work well I'd honestly go with Knock Off Yveltal as a replacement of it; this is a better move for that slot, it helps a ton to punish Blissey or remove items such as Power Herb Xerneas on the switch-in, as well as dealing good damage to opposing Ho-Oh.

I think these optmizations make your team slighty better and allows both Mega Mewtwo-Y and Xerneas to do a great and effective work, good luck with the team! :heart:

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
Hai bud~
Awesome team you got here. really sad that you didn't post it in the teambuilding competition thread, you would have won tbh=p. Anyway let me give you a small rate.

My biggest concern is the matchup against status moves. There isn't any status answer on your team and this is required even in an offense build mainly to avoid the annoying status spam from Arceus support formes or stall/balance teams in order to keep the momentum, to resolve this I suggest Aromatherapy over Focus Blast on Xerneas.
Another thing I don't really like is CM on Mega Mewtwo-Y, it's the only pokemon able to prevent Defog since most of Arceus supports are running enough speed to either outrun Mega Lucario or LO Yveltal; Stealth Rocks are very important on this team because Ho-Oh and Lugia are annoying which is why I think Taunt is the best moveslot for Mega Mewtwo-Y; it also helps a lot preventing foes' boost like Geomancy Xerneas, Swords Dance Arceus, Rock Polish Primal Groudon or the recovery from defensive threats.
Lastly, I really doubt if double Taunt is going to work well I'd honestly go with Knock Off Yveltal as a replacement of it; this is a better move for that slot, it helps a ton to punish Blissey or remove items such as Power Herb Xerneas on the switch-in, as well as dealing good damage to opposing Ho-Oh.

I think these optmizations make your team slighty better and allows both Mega Mewtwo-Y and Xerneas to do a great and effective work, good luck with the team! :heart:
Thanks a lot Arii!
I tried the changes out and worked really well so I updated the moves for MMY, Xerneas, and Yveltal like you suggest :)

ckw

Tired
Awesome team, just a few comments:

* Excadrill:

Rock Tomb can stop Salamence from setting up but Toxic can be used to poison Mega Sableye and annoy Defoggers.

* MMY:

This thing suffers from Yvetal. It will die from 0 Atk Life Orb Sucker Punch, so how about Will-O-Wisp? I mean if you are going for sweep you can run CM but if you want some damage input before MMY faints Will-O-Wisp will let it dodge Sucker Punch while having better stance against physical attackers.

* Xerneas:

I am RNG hater; that means I hate Focus Blast. I would say HP Ground is much more reliable in general. Even if you are afraid of Genesect, Thunder still OHKOs it, and literally all Pdon invest some bulk to survive +2 Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, and +2 Moonblast is enough to 2HKO Pdon.
Appreciate the comments mate!
Normally with -1 Speed + spamming SR, support Arceus formes actually lose the 1v1 in this case. Mega Sableye definitely gets crippled by Toxic I feel like Rock Tomb has more utility and I also think Xerneas with Aromatherapy(suggested by Arii Stella) can deal with MSab if it starts spreading Status everywhere. My team really wants to keep SR on the field so I think keeping Taunt over CM or Wisp would be better since I do struggle with Ho-Oh and Lugia abit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)