Challenge Cup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i play a challenge cup match and either my opponenet or I get a Create-a-pokemon, My PO bugs out on me. It tells me i have chose an attack, will not let me switch, but my 5 minute countdown timer continues to count. I have no idea why. I have downloaded the CAP files and it still bugs out. Any idea Why?

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't tell you why, but this happens to me a lot too. Try making sure you put the CAP files in the right folder, that alone stopped this from happening a lot to me. Now it only bugs out when a CAP pre-evo is brought out instead of just whenever any CAP is brought out.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
It might be because you chose to do a wifi battle. The glitch is that if a player has a pokemon without game data (e.g. CAP pre-evos), that player is not able to continue from the team preview screen. It may be solely because of the lack of a small sprite on this screen, but I am not sure. This is why tournament hosts tell you not to play wifi battles in a Challenge Cup tournament.

Edit: Also, it appears that Arceus does not change types when holding a plate in Challenge Cup. It's not a big deal at all, but it should be made known at least.

It might be because you chose to do a wifi battle. The glitch is that if a player has a pokemon without game data (e.g. CAP pre-evos), that player is not able to continue from the team preview screen. It may be solely because of the lack of a small sprite on this screen, but I am not sure. This is why tournament hosts tell you not to play wifi battles in a Challenge Cup tournament.

Edit: Also, it appears that Arceus does not change types when holding a plate in Challenge Cup. It's not a big deal at all, but it should be made known at least.
I'll Try that. Thanks!

It is Still Happening even without wifi battle on. IS there a specific folder i should make sure to have the CAP files in?

The CAP installation guide explains it fine. Regardless, the CAPs themselves are not the issue. You can use them and play the game fine without the CAPs installed. The problem is that you must have music/sound effects turned on for your PO. These cause PO to bug out and crash/break/fail/do weird stuff when you use CAPs. Turn them off and it will fix itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)