is a Contributor Alumnus
SETS:

Choice Scarf
Sub+CM
Choice Specs
SunnyBeamer

Chandelure

[Overview]

<p>Arguably the most controversial Pokemon currently in DW OU, Chandelure thrives in this hostile environment despite the presence of rain teams and Tyranitar. Even with so much going against it, Chandelure is probably the most overcentralizing figure in DW OU thanks to Shadow Tag, which has forced the likes of Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory to rely on Shed Shells in order to not be picked off. Add 145 base Special Attack added to its resume, and its no wonder Chandelure is one of DW OU's defining figures.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Fire Blast / Overheat
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fighting
move 4: Energy Ball / Psychic
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Shadow Tag
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the most common Chandelure set, and its common for a reason. This sets ability to trap and KO Pokemon such as Genesect, Latios, Breloom, Ferrothorn, among other Pokemon is just too good to pass up. Everyteam has at least one Chandelure check due to this set. The choice between Fire Blast and Overheat is up to what your team needs covered the most. Overheat scores OHKOs agaisnt Pokemon such as Gliscor </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[SET]
name: Substitute + Calm Mind
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Flamethrower / Hidden Power Fighting
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid

[SET COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[SET]
name: Sunnybeamer
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
move 3: SolarBeam
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Life Orb / Colbur Berry

[SET COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Overheat / Fire Blast
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Energy Ball / Psychic
item: Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[Other Options]

<p></p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p></p>

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know you're not done yet, but I think you should include a Sunnybeaming set. This thing is so dirty in what it can do. With Sunny Day + SolarBeam, Chandelure can trap and KO bulky Politoed with no trouble at all, while although that Scarf/Specs can be removed by trapping them when they're in an unfavourable move.

[SET]
name: Sunnybeamer
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
move 3: SolarBeam
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Life Orb / Colbur Berry
ability: Shadow Tag <= Add this in to your other sets!

I put Colbur Berry in just so you can severely dent Tyranitars that don't carry Stone Edge or Earthquake. With Colbur Berry, you can switch into Tyranitar on the revenge, set up Sunny Day and SolarBeam it for like ~60%, which puts you in a pretty advantageous position. The good thing about this Chandelure is that you don't have to worry about opposing weather inducers fucking up SolarBeam because they can't switch.

And yes, add Specs. It gives you the firepower you need to OHKO Jellicent, which is a huge plus. It also semi-makes up for the power loss on a rain team, and yes, Chandelure is still useful on a rain team.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Added the SunnyBeamer set, thanks shrang, guess I can start writing this up soon, no other viable sets that I see Chandelure using

Just putting it here - when you write up the first set, mention clearly what the three slashes for the Fire-type move are for: Overheat is for OHKOing stuff like Gliscor and switching out; with this, Chandelure is the epitome of a hit-and-run assassin. Fire Blast is mainly for bulkier mons like Togekiss that can survive Overheat and Roost off the damage, while Flamethrower is for the sure KO on mons like Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Hidden Power Ice should have the first slash on the Scarf set over Hidden Power Fighting.

Slash Hidden Power Fighting after Flamethrower on the Sub CM set.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small nitpick:

[SET]
name: Substitute + Calm Mind
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Flamethrower / Hidden Power Ice
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
Hidden Power Ice should have the first slash on the Scarf set over Hidden Power Fighting.

Slash Hidden Power Fighting after Flamethrower on the Sub CM set.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, get rid of Psychic. Neutral Fire Blast = Super Effective Psychic. The only thing you're really hitting harder is Toxicroak in the rain.

Get rid of the Flamethrower slashes on both of the Choice sets. Chandelure needs to hit as hard as possible, and Flamethrower is significantly weaker than Fire Blast, and doesn't gain certain KOes that I cannot remember atm. Also, Fire Blast should be the first slash in case you aren't switching out, you can easily just spam Fire Blast repeatedly, while after using Overheat, you usually need to switch out. I would also recommend the SunnyBeamer set placed before Choice Specs. Although Choice Specs is immensely powerful, it is terribly slow and is easily revenge killed by nearly all the common DW threats.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, get rid of Psychic. Neutral Fire Blast = Super Effective Psychic. The only thing you're really hitting harder is Toxicroak in the rain.
You also hit Keldeo and Blaziken much harder, which makes for a great last ditch check against those two. I also tend to use Overheat, which sucks when you miss against Breloom and he KOs you with Bullet Seed. Energy Ball doesn't seem all that effective, as you aren't hitting Tyranitar very well, Politoed gets 2HKOd while you get OHKOd back, other water types the same situation, Jellicent gets hit by Shadow Ball. At least slash in Psychic, it is my personal favorite option so I have some bias, but it is good for the reasons mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)