Chandelure

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are no Unova mons in the DW. Only Musharna and Darmanitan have released hidden abilities.

By other game you mean "Grey" version or 6th gen version? =P
yea, I was thinking that too! Kyurem would be on the front of grey version, and for a 6th gen they could make something like Pokemon Opal and Pokemon Amethyst XD

I believe that it will be either or, because if 5th gen pokemon HAVE dream world abilities its only a matter of time before they release them.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason there are no Unova DW pokemon is because there are no overhead sprites for any Unova Pokemon besides Darmanitan, Musharna, and legendaries. That's why Litwick wasn't in Spooky Manor or why Snivy isn't in the forest.

Let's get this topic back to Chandelure, yeah?

The reason there are no Unova DW pokemon is because there are no overhead sprites for any Unova Pokemon besides Darmanitan, Musharna, and legendaries. That's why Litwick wasn't in Spooky Manor or why Snivy isn't in the forest.

Let's get this topic back to Chandelure, yeah?
Agreed, I have a question about DW Chandelure though, once released what special or exclusive moves could it have in order to take advantage of Shadow Tag even more? I was thinking along the lines of destiny bond or something like that, but I'm sure there are better and less gimmicky options :P

SubCM and scarf were the sets in vogue in DW for its ability to trap, set up on, and eliminate Blissey/Chansey and revenge non-speed boosting sweepers respectively. Scarf is extremely good. like, REALLY good. It traps problem pokemon for your team but comes at the cost of being setup bait (remedied by having a priority encore like Whimsicott or something that can wall/eliminate most setup like Unaware Quagsire, who both coincidentally have pretty good synergy with Chandy).

What about my set can sweep whole teams not just revenge kill and take out Blissey and it is very easy to get in on something whos stuck on fighting move (Scizor, Terrakion, Tyranitar etc).

Oh and for some special moves it should get eruption and a ghost type eruption/overheat would be good for the scarf set.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
That sort of set is very, very old and quite well known. Generally people have become so used to Chandelure that nobody even uses choiced fighting moves in DW.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It just dawned on me how much of an impact Shadow Tag Chandelure will make on the metagame. It might be gimmicky, but Calm Mind + Acid Armor + two attacks might have some potential to make Chandelure absolutely unstoppable if you can pass a Sub to it or something. Choice usage is sure to plunge from the moment this thing enters the battlefield.

Though, I guess there still would be lots of ways around it. If you want to boost Defense, to make some synergy with Calm Mind, you're left with absolutely no recovery and may only run two attacks. Also, Critical Hits will still make the chandelier fall down.

I guess it could work as a wall, though... Calm Mind|WoW/Flamethrower|Rest/Pain Split|Shadow Ball/Flamethrower/Energy Ball (nobody will see that one coming...) might annoy the enemy to screaming frustration.

Looking forward to see the splash Chandelure will make when returning from the Dream World.

Stat up abuse has been predicted well, and used effectively in the DW tier, from what I've heard. I doubt very much that choice-locked attacks that it was immune to or even resisted were being used much in the DW tier.

You are right that it will make an impact on whichever metagame it enters once released. This is a Pokemon that was considered by some to be at least on par with Latios and Latias with Soul Dew. I can't even fathom what it will be like in the VGC the year after it comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)