Changing The Stalling Meta Game: Never Before Created Team, Starting a Revolution

Choice Scarf Honchkrow? Maybe replace Cradily, since Gollurk isn't limited in terms of what it can use.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking too.

Something like this:

Honchkrow (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch / Superpower / Steel Wing
- Brave Bird
- Night Slash
- Pursuit / Superpower / Steel Wing

Late gamer sweeper with Golurk.

You could use MixHonchkrow with Life Orb Nasty Plot and Moxie. A moveset something like:

Nasty Plot

Dark Pulse

Roost/HP Fire

Brave Bird/Physical Bird move

If you add Honchkrow, it will be an offensive pokémon. With that in mind, I would replace Cradily, since your team might want more offense. Replacing Golurk would still leave Cradily. Try that Empoleon, though, it might give an advantage with its higher defensive stats.

You could use MixHonchkrow with Life Orb Nasty Plot and Moxie. A moveset something like:

Nasty Plot

Dark Pulse

Roost/HP Fire

Brave Bird/Physical Bird move

I would, but Honch isn't bulky or fast enough to survive in this metagame. The combo of Late Game + Scarf + Moxie will hurt real bad. Especially when I have killed all the steels type pokemon on my opponents side.

EDIT: Will update tommorow if Honch takes Cradily's spot; and if Sigliph takes Clafable's spot! Let the testing begin....

EDITED TEAM: Changed Cradily to Honch, changed Golurk's EV's, and new teambuilder.

As for Sigliph>Clafable, I can't decicde. There both soooo good I just don't know who will be better on this team.

Hippowdon instead of TTar, you crazy. WTF is a Cradily doing in OU. Clefable LOL it's Jigglypuff's little sister. Golurk whata N00B!

This.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there are so many problems here,

first off the one legitimate threat you have covered well is excadrill, hippo / skarm take care of that fine, however,

Dragon weak, especially specially based, skarmory cannot take even two consecutive draco meteors, even with no SR, clefable is in the same boat.

Rain weak, slowking is the only hope to take rain boosted water attacks, and even then it is destroyed by thunders flying around, in fact starmie's stab hydro pump followed by thunder will OHKO it with your physically defensive spread.

Volc weak / sun weak your entire team is destroyed by standard sun sweepers / venusaur / sawsbuck and especially volcarona.

As everyone else has been saying NP Thunderus weak as well, esp. sub and lum variants.

You are also weak to opposing stall as you carry neither rapid spin or a ghost, and with hippo / slowking / golurk being susceptible to tspikes it's gonna be an uphill battle.

I think there are too many changes worth considering for this team to be even remotely similar to what it previously was.

Honchkrow replacing cradily I think weakens your team even more towards volcarona, cradily was bulky enough to live a +1 bug buzz in the sand and revenge with stone edge, but now +1 volcarona outspeeds scarfed honchkrow for an easy KO.

Sigilyph's defensive coverage is too bad to fit this team <electric>.

Hippowdon instead of TTar, you crazy. WTF is a Cradily doing in OU. Clefable LOL it's Jigglypuff's little sister. Golurk whata N00B!

This.

<3. BTW I was in love with your stall team and addicted to it for a good month. :P

there are so many problems here,

first off the one legitimate threat you have covered well is excadrill, hippo / skarm take care of that fine, however,

Dragon weak, especially specially based, skarmory cannot take even two consecutive draco meteors, even with no SR, clefable is in the same boat.

Rain weak, slowking is the only hope to take rain boosted water attacks, and even then it is destroyed by thunders flying around, in fact starmie's stab hydro pump followed by thunder will OHKO it with your physically defensive spread.

Volc weak / sun weak your entire team is destroyed by standard sun sweepers / venusaur / sawsbuck and especially volcarona.

As everyone else has been saying NP Thunderus weak as well, esp. sub and lum variants.

You are also weak to opposing stall as you carry neither rapid spin or a ghost, and with hippo / slowking / golurk being susceptible to tspikes it's gonna be an uphill battle.

I think there are too many changes worth considering for this team to be even remotely similar to what it previously was.

1. For Draco Meters I switch in and out Slowking/Clebable/Skarmory. Since all my 3 Pokemon have a regenerating move (Slowking has 2; Slack Off and her ability). After Draco Metoer the Sp Atk goes down giving me a switch out if my Pokemon cant take another hit, or Roost/Softboiled/Slack off/Regerantor. You have to play it right. Hippo and Scarm take Outrages like nothing and gives me a good time for setiting SR and Spikes. Mixed Dragon like Salamence with fire blast can and will be a big problem.

2. Rain teams aren't nearly as bad as sun teams. For taking hits I switch Slowking and Clefabel in and out, giving me turns to paralyze one by one. It is almost impossible to kill Slowking with out a super effective move or crit. And for Clefable I have to Softboiled/T-wave. Thunderous got banned in PO so i dont care anymore about that.

3. Pray to lord I dont play these guys. I HAVE TO KEEP MY WEATHER IN CHECK AT ALL TIMES. Hippo dies I die. In the mean time paralyzing as much as I can with Clefable. Yeah, sun teams are bitchs. Honch is my Volcarona counter.

4. Thunderous got banned

5. Stall teams? Those are in my opinion a free win. Once Ive paralyzed everyone its Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail until there week enough to kill with Honch and Golurk.

Yeah, this team isn't perfect and hard to manage with the limited amount of OU Pokemon to chose from. I think you over reacted with many of the weakness's I had. The only thing I've had a problem with is Volcarona and sun teams. Thanks for the rate.

Honchkrow replacing cradily I think weakens your team even more towards volcarona, cradily was bulky enough to live a +1 bug buzz in the sand and revenge with stone edge, but now +1 volcarona outspeeds scarfed honchkrow for an easy KO.

Sigilyph's defensive coverage is too bad to fit this team <electric>.

I hope that's a joke. Cradily got destroyed with 1 Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz, basically out for the whole game. Honch 100% of the time OHKO's Volcarnoa with Brave Bird. And it's faster than it. Honch is suppose to be Volcaronas counter. And it needs +2 speed to be faster. Yeah sigliph didn't cut it.

Honchkrow does not counter Volcarona...first off, it's a check; a counter has to be able to live a move from the pokemon in question.
Also, Volcarona only needs 1 Quiver Dance to outspeed, im not sure where you're getting that they need +2. Honchkrow has 71 base speed; Volcarona has base 100. You're running Adamant as well, so any version of Volcarona besides the bulky version outspeeds you after +1.

Honchkrow does not counter Volcarona...first off, it's a check; a counter has to be able to live a move from the pokemon in question.
Also, Volcarona only needs 1 Quiver Dance to outspeed, im not sure where you're getting that they need +2. Honchkrow has 71 base speed; Volcarona has base 100. You're running Adamant as well, so any version of Volcarona besides the bulky version outspeeds you after +1.
Yea sorry for the speed calc i put the wrong stats in. In my opinion Cradily did not do anything on the team other than take water hits. A sucker punch will do 75% damage neutralizing it for most likely the rest of the game. I also have SR and Spikes up so unless there is a rapid spiner its done for. Also If i get a moxie then its a OHKO. and yes its a check sorry.

Also testing a Nidoking, just don't know if I should switch Honch or Golurk.

Nidoking w/ Choice Scarf/Life orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

or
Nidoking w/ Life Orb/Choice Band
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Megahorn

Yea sorry for the speed calc i put the wrong stats in. In my opinion Cradily did not do anything on the team other than take water hits. A sucker punch will do 75% damage neutralizing it for most likely the rest of the game. I also have SR and Spikes up so unless there is a rapid spiner its done for. Also If i get a moxie then its a OHKO. and yes its a check sorry.

Also testing a Nidoking, just don't know if I should switch Honch or Golurk.

Nidoking w/ Choice Scarf/Life orb
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

or
Nidoking w/ Life Orb/Choice Band
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Megahorn
Go with special Nidoking, Sheer Force + Life Orb affects all 4 moves. And replace Golurk because they both share water weakness. This gives you a special sweeper, and Nidoking has coverage to alot of things. If Volcarona happens to be T-Wave (Slowking or Clefable), Honchkrow is more reliable for taking down Volcarona than Golurk.

Honch 100% of the time OHKO's Volcarnoa with Brave Bird. And it's faster than it. And it needs +2 speed from Quiver Dance to be faster than Honch.

Other people already said this, but it only needs +1 boost. Also, "week" is spelled weak just so you know. Clefable has like a 99% to get 2HKOd from a +1 Bug Buzz, not really a good counter. But with Stealth Rock, and Honchrows Sucker Punch, you can (probably) OHKO it. But if your opponent know you're scarfed, they'll Quiver Dance up 6 times, then two more to waste Sucker Punch PP.

Also, I'm not sure if you posted this, but I didn't want to look at all the posts, but why are you using a PHYSICALLY DEFENSIVE Slowking instead of a Slowbro?

Other people already said this, but it only needs +1 boost. Also, "week" is spelled weak just so you know. Clefable has like a 99% to get 2HKOd from a +1 Bug Buzz, not really a good counter. But with Stealth Rock, and Honchrows Sucker Punch, you can (probably) OHKO it. But if your opponent know you're scarfed, they'll Quiver Dance up 6 times, then two more to waste Sucker Punch PP.

Also, I'm not sure if you posted this, but I didn't want to look at all the posts, but why are you using a PHYSICALLY DEFENSIVE Slowking instead of a Slowbro?
Thanks for the insight on how you spell weak. Didn't know that :/. I have to sucker punch it or brave bird if I'm faster. 2HKO for Clefable at +2 is perfect and all i need. I have to get 1 Twave off, then Golurk stone edge. I use Physically defesive slowking so I can survive both Sp atk and atk moves simultaneously.

slowbro doesnt get dragon tail, which gives slowking a niche. Its typing also doesnt lend itself to being more special defensive either, so physically defensive sets are more logical, even though slowbro surpasses it in the matter.

[B]Why hello there.

This team is very well thought out, and it looks fun to use. But, even from looking at the team preveiw, I saw that you team is very weak to Thundurus, as you have 3 pokémon weak to Electric, and Golurk and Hippowdon won't like a +2 Hidden Power Ice and Clefable with Focus Blast.
a solution to this problem would be to replace Slowking with a Gastrodon.
you lose your electric weakness, and Gastrodon can wall Rain teams, which is an added bonus to everyteam. Plus it has good snergy with Skarmory.
[/B]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)