OU Chansey

I'm not sure about saying it's easy to set up on in the overview, I mean, no sweeper that would set up on it would like the threat of being paralyzed, allowing them to be revenge killed by a much larger pool of Pokemon, or to a lesser extent, poisoned with Toxic. You end up with only things like Excadrill that don't care, and though I'm sure there are Steel-types that don't mind paralysis, or Pokemon immune to whichever status move Chansey is running since it only uses one, until you know which one it is, you wouldn't want to setup on it with anything. Therefore, I'd make sure to reword to say "after you know which status move it is running", or simply remove it entirely.

In regards to the set; because Stealth Rock is the latter of two slashes, I'd like you to specify the consequences of using Stealth Rock in either slot (unable to cure teammates of status, or lack of a way of punishing setup sweepers that try to boost on it). Also, make sure to reorder the statements in the "Moves" section in the order each move is mentioned.

When you talk about Natural Cure in "Set Details", try to word it so you explain the merits of it, not why it is chosen over another ability. For example, there is a difference between "Natural Cure is the chosen ability because it allows Chansey to not worry about status moves, making it difficult to wear it down with Toxic" and "Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing it to recover from status moves as it switches it, making it almost impossible to wear down with Toxic".

In "Usage Tips", mention something about Heal Bell losing momentum, so it is important to use it in specific situations that wouldn't otherwise put your team in a bad position. Also, there is no need to mention that many special attackers. I like that you've included examples, but not all of them are necessary. Just mention the really relevant / defining / top-tier Pokemon. Also remove the second mention of walling special attackers, it's unnecessary.

Most of the comments above can apply for the second set as well in cases where they're similar. Just remove Wish + Protect from OO as it's mentioned in the "Set Details" of the Wish set, and ensure that you provide more specific examples in the Checks and Counters when you write it up.

3/4

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
mawile switches in on softboiled
it SDs on T-wave
now something on your team dies

that is the definition of easy to set up on. Im adamant that Chansey is easy as fuck to exploit.

Chansey is easy as fuck to set up on, and half the reason stall is easy to beat if they dont have 12 healthy unaware users.

Well Mawile and other Steel-types are definitely an issue, especially slow ones that don't mind paralysis, so I see your point, but there are many common sweepers that get wrecked by paralysis (moreso than Toxic), such as Mega Gyarados, one of the most prominent Dragon Dance users in the game. No special sweeper is going to be able to set up to a level where it can break Chansey before it dies to Toxic, or is paralyzed and Seismic Toss'd to death. You can still mention it, and I was never entirely opposed to it being mentioned, but I want it to be known that it is isn't recommended to setup on Chansey when it could have a status move to cripple your sweeper. Also, there's always the threat of full paralysis. Again, Mawile is a different case because it is immune to Toxic and is slow enough for paralysis to hardly matter, but I still firmly believe that it shouldn't be assumed that Chansey is instant setup bait.

I'm not sure about saying it's easy to set up on in the overview, I mean, no sweeper that would set up on it would like the threat of being paralyzed, allowing them to be revenge killed by a much larger pool of Pokemon, or to a lesser extent, poisoned with Toxic. You end up with only things like Excadrill that don't care, and though I'm sure there are Steel-types that don't mind paralysis, or Pokemon immune to whichever status move Chansey is running since it only uses one, until you know which one it is, you wouldn't want to setup on it with anything. Therefore, I'd make sure to reword to say "after you know which status move it is running", or simply remove it entirely.

In regards to the set; because Stealth Rock is the latter of two slashes, I'd like you to specify the consequences of using Stealth Rock in either slot (unable to cure teammates of status, or lack of a way of punishing setup sweepers that try to boost on it). Also, make sure to reorder the statements in the "Moves" section in the order each move is mentioned.

When you talk about Natural Cure in "Set Details", try to word it so you explain the merits of it, not why it is chosen over another ability. For example, there is a difference between "Natural Cure is the chosen ability because it allows Chansey to not worry about status moves, making it difficult to wear it down with Toxic" and "Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing it to recover from status moves as it switches it, making it almost impossible to wear down with Toxic".

In "Usage Tips", mention something about Heal Bell losing momentum, so it is important to use it in specific situations that wouldn't otherwise put your team in a bad position. Also, there is no need to mention that many special attackers. I like that you've included examples, but not all of them are necessary. Just mention the really relevant / defining / top-tier Pokemon. Also remove the second mention of walling special attackers, it's unnecessary.

Most of the comments above can apply for the second set as well in cases where they're similar. Just remove Wish + Protect from OO as it's mentioned in the "Set Details" of the Wish set, and ensure that you provide more specific examples in the Checks and Counters when you write it up.

3/4
Ok, so I've done everything. However, I'm confused on the move order you want. Should it be...

Soft Boiled
Heal Bell
Toxic
Seismic Toss
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave

or

Soft Boiled
Heal Bell
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss

The first one does the main slashed first, then goes to the secondary slashes. The second one just goes in the exact order they're mentioned. I know it's not that big of a deal but just wanted to clarify for future reference. This is referring to the Support set, if it wasn't obvious.

The second method is the most preferable, mentioning moves in the order they appear on the set. This allows a reader to weigh in his or her choices for each moveslot as they go along.

The second method is the most preferable, mentioning moves in the order they appear on the set. This allows a reader to weigh in his or her choices for each moveslot as they go along.
Cool, I'll change it. Thanks for the check, I'll get writing this ASAP! :)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ADD
REMOVE
Capitalization
(COMMENTS)
' (Fix slanted apostrophe)

Overview:(noColon)
#######

Chansey is a staple on stall, and it's not hard to see why. Thanks to Eviolite, Chansey's special bulk is extremely high, even surpassing her evolution, Blissey. Not only that, but Eviolite also boost Chansey's pitiful defense stat into something more usable, meaning it can actually allowing it to take some physical hits. Chansey's movepool compliments her great bulk extremely well; access to moves such as Soft Boiled, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock means help Chansey can easily support both herself and her team with ease. She even has access to Seismic Toss, allowing her to actually do reliable damage to the opponent. Chansey is quite reliant on Eviloite, however, meaning she can't use Leftovers as her item. This leaves her quite vulnerable to passive damage, meaning you must keep Chansey and must be kept healthy at all times during the match. Chansey can also be somewhat easy to set up on, especially if her status move of choice has been revealed. Overall, though however, Chansey is a solid an insane special wall that is recommended for any and all forms of stall.

Support
########
Name: Support
Move 1: Soft-Boiled
Move 2: Heal Bell / Stealth Rock
Move 3: Toxic / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
Move 4: Seismic Toss
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Bold

Moves:(noColon)
======

Due to Chansey's large support movepool, Chansey has many different options at her disposal. Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a reliable method of recovery, allowing her to stay healthy throughout the match. Heal Bell is the move of choice for the second slot, as it allows Chansey to heal crippling status off on her teammates. Stealth Rock is another option that Chansey can use if none of her other teammates are able to use the move. It is worth noting, however, that losing the ability to use Heal Bell means Chansey can no longer heal status effects for from her teammates. Toxic is chosen for the third slot due to its ability to put both set-(noHyphen)up sweepers and walls on a timer. Thunder Wave is another option Chansey has access too. While Though it more immediately shuts down faster boosting sweepers, it also leaves Chansey unable to get past easily walled by other, bulkier Pokemon. (It's not the presence of Thunder Wave that makes Chansey easy to wall; it's the lack of the presence of Toxic) Stealth Rock is once again an option in the third slot, but it must be noted that Chansey is especially vulnerable to set-(noHyphen)up sweepers if it decides to go without status, especially those with recovery. Finally, Seismic Toss is the move of choice in the last spot due to its ability to do reliable damage to the opponent.

Set Details:(noColon)
=========

Eviolite is the most important part of this set, as it changes Chansey from an outclassed NFE to the special wall that she is. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the most optimal, as it boosts both of her defensive stats to great levels. A Bold nature further boosts Chansey's physical bulk, allowing her to take physical hits surprisingly well. Finally, Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing her to recover from status moves as she switches out, making her almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips:(noColon)
=========

Due to her insane solid bulk, Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. One of the most important things to note when using Chansey is to keep it healthy at all times; without Leftovers, it can have a really easy time getting worn down. Some set-(noHyphen)up Pokemon can have a really easy time boosting against Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or use Seismic Toss if you expect a boosting move. Scouting for Knock Off / and Trick against more uncommon users of the move,(RC) such as Landorus, Thundurus-I, and Rotom-W is very important in order to keep your Eviolite. Heal Bell, while useful, can also cause your team to lose momentum. As such, only use it when one of your teammates absolutely needs its status ailments cured.

Team Options:(noColon)
============

Chansey has many different Pokemon who can effectively pair with it. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, are the most helpful partners, as they can stop Pokemon that commonly like to set up against Chansey. Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur,(AC) can help absorb physical moves for Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are other physical walls with access to Defog, which can help remove the entry hazards that easily wear Chansey down. Pokemon that dislike status, such as Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Slowbro , Garchomp, Mega Mawile, and Mega Pinsir,(AC) all appreciate Chansey's ability to use Heal Bell act as a cleric. Finally, Mega Pokemon,(RC) such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron can help Chansey by absorbing Knock Off for her.

Wish Support
##########
Name: Wish Support
Move 1: Wish
Move 2: Soft-Boiled
Move 3: Seismic Toss
Move 4: Toxic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef

=======

Wish is the main move of this set, as it allows Chansey to not only heal herself,(RC) but her teammates,(RC) as well. Soft-Boiled is the next move choice, as it gives Chansey a way to instantly heal itherself, (consistency) something she needs in order to avoid being worn down. Seismic Toss is the third move on the set, as it is Chansey's only way to deal direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Toxic is used in the last slot in order to put both set-(noHyphen)up sweepers and walls on a timer. Stealth Rock can be used instead of Toxic, but the lack of status means without Toxic, Chansey really doesn't have a way to cripple the opponent, and Stealth Rocks are is usually better set up by teammates,(RC) anyways. If necessary, Stealth Rock should be substituted for Toxic and only Toxic, as Seismic Toss is necessary to do any direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Protect can be used in tandem with Wish for guaranteed healing, but Protect gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever they want. It also doesn't give Chansey the instant recovery of in Soft-Boiled, which is very helpful to prevent it from being worn down.

==========

Eviolite is once the most important part of this set, as it is what makes Chansey a superior option to her evolution, Blissey. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the best option, as it boosts both of Chansey's defenses to great levels. Bold is the nature of choice for Chansey, as it allows her to better tank physical hits. Finally, Natural Cure allows Chansey to shed status on the switch, making it almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

==========

Chansey can once again (do not reference other sets) be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. Without Leftovers, Chansey can find herself getting worn down quite easily, so it's important to keep her healthy at all times. Some set-(noHyphen)up sweepers can have an easy time setting up on Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or attack with Seismic Toss if you predict a boosting move. Finally, makes sure to scout for Knock Off / and Trick against the uncommon users of the move, such as Landorus, Thundurus-I, and Rotom-W.

============

There are many different Pokemon that can pair well with Chansey. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, make some of the best partners, as they can easily stop some of the boosting sweepers who like to set up on Chansey. Physical walls,(RC) such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur can also stop powerful physical attacks aimed at Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are some other physical walls who can use Defog, which can help stop Chansey from getting easily worn down. Pokemon who can't reliably heal themselves, such as Heatran, Aegislash, and Landorus-T,(AC) all also make great partners, as they really appreciate Chansey's ability to WishPass. Finally, Mega Pokemon, such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron, can all help absorb Knock Off, a move Chansey hates.

Other Options:(noColon)
############

There isn't much else Chansey can do that isn't already listed. One of the more notable options is Counter. With it, Chansey can net some surprise KOs against Pokemon such as Garchomp. Unfortunately, Chansey is forced out by a lot of physical attackers, and Chansey doesn't really have room for it on either of its her sets, anyways.

Checks & Counters:(noColon)
#################

**Physical Fighting-types**: Physical Fighting-types, such as Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Mega Medicham, and Breloom,(AC) can all switch in to most of Chansey's moves and KO with a STAB super effective Fighting-type attack. Faster Fighting-types must be careful of Thunder Wave, however.

**Knock Off/Trick users**: Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Deoxys-S, Mega Scizor Thundurus-I, and Landorus,(AC) can all remove Chansey's Eviolite, making it much less useful. Trick users, such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Latios,(AC) can also remove her Eviolite whiel while also forcing her to use an item such as a Choice Scarf, severely crippling her for the rest of the match.

**Trappers**: Trappers, such as Gothitelle and Wobbuffet, can trap Chansey. Gothitelle can Trick her the Choice Specs or hit her hard with Psyshock, while Wobbuffet can Encore her into a certain move, making her set-(noHyphen)up fodder for another Pokemon.

**Set-(noHyphen)up Sweepers**: Set-(noHyphen)up Sweepers who don't mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor, can easily use Chansey as set-(noHyphen)up bait for a sweep.

**Psyshock/Secret Sword**: Both Psyshock and Secret Sword hit Chansey's weaker Defense stat, allowing Pokemon like Keldeo and Latios to beat Chansey. (Latios still can't beat Chansey without Trick, though, so I don't know if this is a very good example)

**Gengar**: Gengar can Taunt Chansey, and then processed to set up a Substitute on her. Without Taunt, however, Gengar can sometimes be at a stalemate with Chansey, as neither can do very much damage to each the other.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: In general, powerful physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, and Diggersby,(AC) can easily overpower Chansey's weaker defense stat.

Just be careful about your curly apostrophes and use of "setup" (no hyphen). Other than that, it was pretty good; nice job, LightningLuxray

GP 1/2

Last edited:
ADD
REMOVE
Capitalization
(COMMENTS)
' (Fix slanted apostrophe)

Overview:(noColon)
#######

Chansey is a staple on stall, and it's not hard to see why. Thanks to Eviolite, Chansey's special bulk is extremely high, even surpassing her evolution, Blissey. Not only that, but Eviolite also boost Chansey's pitiful defense stat into something more usable, meaning it can actually allowing it to take some physical hits. Chansey's movepool compliments her great bulk extremely well; access to moves such as Soft Boiled, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock means help Chansey can easily support both herself and her team with ease. She even has access to Seismic Toss, allowing her to actually do reliable damage to the opponent. Chansey is quite reliant on Eviloite, however, meaning she can't use Leftovers as her item. This leaves her quite vulnerable to passive damage, meaning you must keep Chansey and must be kept healthy at all times during the match. Chansey can also be somewhat easy to set up on, especially if her status move of choice has been revealed. Overall, though however, Chansey is a solid an insane special wall that is recommended for any and all forms of stall.

Support
########

======

Due to Chansey's large support movepool, Chansey has many different options at her disposal. Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a reliable method of recovery, allowing her to stay healthy throughout the match. Heal Bell is the move of choice for the second slot, as it allows Chansey to heal crippling status off on her teammates. Stealth Rock is another option that Chansey can use if none of her other teammates are able to use the move. It is worth noting, however, that losing the ability to use Heal Bell means Chansey can no longer heal status effects for from her teammates. Toxic is chosen for the third slot due to its ability to put both set-(noHyphen)up sweepers and walls on a timer. Thunder Wave is another option Chansey has access too. While Though it more immediately shuts down faster boosting sweepers, it also leaves Chansey unable to get past easily walled by other, bulkier Pokemon. (It's not the presence of Thunder Wave that makes Chansey easy to wall; it's the lack of the presence of Toxic) Stealth Rock is once again an option in the third slot, but it must be noted that Chansey is especially vulnerable to set-(noHyphen)up sweepers if it decides to go without status, especially those with recovery. Finally, Seismic Toss is the move of choice in the last spot due to its ability to do reliable damage to the opponent.

=========

Eviolite is the most important part of this set, as it changes Chansey from an outclassed NFE to the special wall that she is. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the most optimal, as it boosts both of her defensive stats to great levels. A Bold nature further boosts Chansey's physical bulk, allowing her to take physical hits surprisingly well. Finally, Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing her to recover from status moves as she switches out, making her almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

=========

Due to her insane solid bulk, Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. One of the most important things to note when using Chansey is to keep it healthy at all times; without Leftovers, it can have a really easy time getting worn down. Some set-(noHyphen)up Pokemon can have a really easy time boosting against Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or use Seismic Toss if you expect a boosting move. Scouting for Knock Off / and Trick against more uncommon users of the move,(RC) such as Landorus, Thundurus-I, and Rotom-W is very important in order to keep your Eviolite. Heal Bell, while useful, can also cause your team to lose momentum. As such, only use it when one of your teammates absolutely needs its status ailments cured.

============

Chansey has many different Pokemon who can effectively pair with it. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, are the most helpful partners, as they can stop Pokemon that commonly like to set up against Chansey. Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur,(AC) can help absorb physical moves for Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are other physical walls with access to Defog, which can help remove the entry hazards that easily wear Chansey down. Pokemon that dislike status, such as Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Slowbro , Garchomp, Mega Mawile, and Mega Pinsir,(AC) all appreciate Chansey's ability to use Heal Bell act as a cleric. Finally, Mega Pokemon,(RC) such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron can help Chansey by absorbing Knock Off for her.

Wish Support
##########

=======

Wish is the main move of this set, as it allows Chansey to not only heal herself,(RC) but her teammates,(RC) as well. Soft-Boiled is the next move choice, as it gives Chansey a way to instantly heal itherself, (consistency) something she needs in order to avoid being worn down. Seismic Toss is the third move on the set, as it is Chansey's only way to deal direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Toxic is used in the last slot in order to put both set-(noHyphen)up sweepers and walls on a timer. Stealth Rock can be used instead of Toxic, but the lack of status means without Toxic, Chansey really doesn't have a way to cripple the opponent, and Stealth Rocks are is usually better set up by teammates,(RC) anyways. If necessary, Stealth Rock should be substituted for Toxic and only Toxic, as Seismic Toss is necessary to do any direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Protect can be used in tandem with Wish for guaranteed healing, but Protect gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever they want. It also doesn't give Chansey the instant recovery of in Soft-Boiled, which is very helpful to prevent it from being worn down.

==========

Eviolite is once the most important part of this set, as it is what makes Chansey a superior option to her evolution, Blissey. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the best option, as it boosts both of Chansey's defenses to great levels. Bold is the nature of choice for Chansey, as it allows her to better tank physical hits. Finally, Natural Cure allows Chansey to shed status on the switch, making it almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

==========

Chansey can once again (do not reference other sets) be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. Without Leftovers, Chansey can find herself getting worn down quite easily, so it's important to keep her healthy at all times. Some set-(noHyphen)up sweepers can have an easy time setting up on Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or attack with Seismic Toss if you predict a boosting move. Finally, makes sure to scout for Knock Off / and Trick against the uncommon users of the move, such as Landorus, Thundurus-I, and Rotom-W.

============

There are many different Pokemon that can pair well with Chansey. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, make some of the best partners, as they can easily stop some of the boosting sweepers who like to set up on Chansey. Physical walls,(RC) such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur can also stop powerful physical attacks aimed at Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are some other physical walls who can use Defog, which can help stop Chansey from getting easily worn down. Pokemon who can't reliably heal themselves, such as Heatran, Aegislash, and Landorus-T,(AC) all also make great partners, as they really appreciate Chansey's ability to WishPass. Finally, Mega Pokemon, such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron, can all help absorb Knock Off, a move Chansey hates.

Other Options:(noColon)
############

There isn't much else Chansey can do that isn't already listed. One of the more notable options is Counter. With it, Chansey can net some surprise KOs against Pokemon such as Garchomp. Unfortunately, Chansey is forced out by a lot of physical attackers, and Chansey doesn't really have room for it on either of its her sets, anyways.

Checks & Counters:(noColon)
#################

**Physical Fighting-types**: Physical Fighting-types, such as Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Mega Medicham, and Breloom,(AC) can all switch in to most of Chansey's moves and KO with a STAB super effective Fighting-type attack. Faster Fighting-types must be careful of Thunder Wave, however.

**Knock Off/Trick users**: Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Deoxys-S, Mega Scizor Thundurus-I, and Landorus,(AC) can all remove Chansey's Eviolite, making it much less useful. Trick users, such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Latios,(AC) can also remove her Eviolite whiel while also forcing her to use an item such as a Choice Scarf, severely crippling her for the rest of the match.

**Trappers**: Trappers, such as Gothitelle and Wobbuffet, can trap Chansey. Gothitelle can Trick her the Choice Specs or hit her hard with Psyshock, while Wobbuffet can Encore her into a certain move, making her set-(noHyphen)up fodder for another Pokemon.

**Set-(noHyphen)up Sweepers**: Set-(noHyphen)up Sweepers who don't mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor, can easily use Chansey as set-(noHyphen)up bait for a sweep.

**Psyshock/Secret Sword**: Both Psyshock and Secret Sword hit Chansey's weaker Defense stat, allowing Pokemon like Keldeo and Latios to beat Chansey. (Latios still can't beat Chansey without Trick, though, so I don't know if this is a very good example)

**Gengar**: Gengar can Taunt Chansey, and then processed to set up a Substitute on her. Without Taunt, however, Gengar can sometimes be at a stalemate with Chansey, as neither can do very much damage to each the other.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: In general, powerful physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, and Diggersby,(AC) can easily overpower Chansey's weaker defense stat.

Just be careful about your curly apostrophes and use of "setup" (no hyphen). Other than that, it was pretty good; nice job, LightningLuxray

GP 1/2

Thanks for the check!

Also the curly apostrophes are there because I usually type these up on Word, which auto-correct them to curly... I'll make sure to changes those when I bring it over to the forums.

Also for the times when I used insane, I decided to use "great" or "good" instead of "solid", since I feel that's kind of an understatement.

Last edited:
Also for the times when I used insane, I decided to use "great" or "good" instead of "solid", since I feel that's kind of an understatement.
Fantastic, exceptional, exceedingly good, prominent, formidable, brilliant, superb, tremendous, remarkable, magnificent.

A thesaurus will always be by your side even when words fail you :)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I don't see any mention of Taunt in the C&C section, as it is what allows stuff like Mega Gardevoir, Gengar, and even Mandibuzz to beat Chansey one on one where they otherwise have no chance of doing. I'm not implying that all Taunt users can beat Chansey (Heatran), but most of them can turn the tables on Chansey. This could probably replace the Gengar section, but give Gengar highest priority due to its Seismic Toss immunity.

I don't see any mention of Taunt in the C&C section, as it is what allows stuff like Mega Gardevoir, Gengar, and even Mandibuzz to beat Chansey one on one where they otherwise have no chance of doing. I'm not implying that all Taunt users can beat Chansey (Heatran), but most of them can turn the tables on Chansey. This could probably replace the Gengar section, but give Gengar highest priority due to its Seismic Toss immunity.
I'll add it now! Thanks :)

MyNameIsVeryCreative

Banned deucer.
I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but due Chansey's unbreakable special defense with eviolite, wouldn't it make more sense to run 252 hp 252 def 4 spd? I mean, I think she should be taking physical hits as best as possible.

I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but due Chansey's unbreakable special defense with eviolite, wouldn't it make more sense to run 252 hp 252 def 4 spd? I mean, I think she should be taking physical hits as best as possible.
Yes but Chansey's HP stat is so large anyway the investment isn't really necessary either. Also with all the really powerful special attackers atm, it's really helpful to have 252 Special Defense in order to better deal with them.

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As it turns out, investing in Special Defense over HP gives you 14.4% more special bulk at the cost of 9.8% of your physical bulk. Make what you will of those numbers, because while the Special Defense boost is greater, the Defense boost is arguably more valuable.
Additions
Removals
(Comments)
Overview
#######

Chansey is a staple on stall, and it's not hard to see why. Thanks to Eviolite, Chansey's special bulk is extremely high, even surpassing that of her evolution, Blissey. Not only that, but Eviolite also boosts Chansey's pitiful defense Defense stat into something more usable, allowing it to take some physical hits. Chansey's movepool compliments her great bulk extremely well; access to moves such as Soft Boiled Soft-Boiled, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock help Chansey easily support both herself and her team with ease. She even has access to Seismic Toss, allowing her to actually do reliable damage to the opponent. However, Chansey is quite reliant on Eviloite, however, meaning she can't use Leftovers as her item. This leaves her quite vulnerable to passive damage, and she must be kept healthy at all times during the match. Chansey can also be somewhat easy to set up on, especially if her status move of choice has been revealed. Overall, however, Chansey is an great special wall that is recommended for any and all forms of stall. (Rhyming is cool.)

Support
########

Moves
======

Due to Chansey's large support movepool, Chansey has many different options at her disposal. Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a reliable method means of recovery, allowing her to stay healthy throughout the match. Heal Bell is the move of choice for the second slot, as it allows Chansey to heal crippling status effects on her teammates. Stealth Rock is another option that Chansey can use if none of her other teammates are able to use the move. It However, it is worth noting, however, that losing the ability to use Heal Bell means that Chansey can no longer heal status effects for her teammates. Toxic is chosen for the third slot due to its ability to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Thunder Wave is another option that Chansey has access to. Though it immediately shuts down faster boosting sweepers, it also leaves Chansey unable to gets past other, bulkier Pokemon. Stealth Rock is once again an option in the third slot, but it must be noted that Chansey is especially vulnerable to setup sweepers if it decides to go without status, especially those with recovery. Finally, Seismic Toss is the move of choice in the last spot due to its ability to do deal reliable damage to the opponent.

Set Details
=========

Eviolite is the most important part of this set, as it changes Chansey from an outclassed NFE to the special wall that she is. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the most optimal, as it boosts both her defensive stats to great levels. A Bold nature further boosts Chansey's physical bulk, allowing her to take physical hits surprisingly well. Finally, Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing her to recover from status moves as she switches out, making her almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips
=========

Due to her good bulk, Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. One of the most important things to note when using Chansey is to keep it healthy at all times; without Leftovers, it can have a really easy time getting worn down. Some users of setup Pokemon moves can have a really easy time boosting against Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or use hit them with Seismic Toss if you expect a boosting move. Scouting for Knock Off and Trick against more uncommon users of the move such as Landorus, Thundurus-I Thundurus, and Rotom-W is very important in order to keep your Eviolite. Heal Bell, while useful, can also cause your team to lose momentum. As such, only use it when one of your teammates absolutely needs its status ailments cured.

Team Options
============

Chansey has many different Pokemon who that can effectively pair with it effectively. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, are the most helpful partners, as they can stop Pokemon that commonly like to set up against Chansey. Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur, can help absorb physical moves for Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are other physical walls with access to Defog, which can help remove the entry hazards that can easily wear Chansey down. Pokemon that dislike status, such as Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Slowbro, Garchomp, Mega Mawile, and Mega Pinsir, all appreciate Chansey's ability to act as a cleric. Finally, Mega Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron can help Chansey by easily absorbing Knock Off for her.

Wish Support
##########

Moves
=======

Wish is the main move of on this set, as it allows Chansey to heal not only heal herself, but her teammates as well. Soft-Boiled is the next move, as it gives Chansey a way to of instantly heal healing herself, something that she needs in order to avoid being worn down. Seismic Toss is the third move on the set, as its Chansey's only way to deal direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Toxic is used in the last slot in order to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Stealth Rock can be used instead of Toxic, but without Toxic, Chansey really doesn't really have a any way to cripple the opponent, and Stealth Rock is usually better set by teammates anyways. If necessary, Stealth Rock should be substituted for Toxic and only Toxic, as Seismic Toss is necessary to do any direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Protect can be used in tandem with Wish for guaranteed healing, but Protect gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever they want. It also doesn't give Chansey the instant recovery of Soft-Boiled, which is very helpful to prevent it from being worn down.

Set Details
==========

Eviolite is once the most important part of this set, as it's what makes Chansey a superior option to her evolution, Blissey. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the best option, as it boosts both of Chansey's defenses to great levels. Bold is the nature of choice for Chansey, as it allows her to better tank physical hits. Finally, Natural Cure allows Chansey to shed status on the switch, making it almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips
==========

Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. Without Leftovers, Chansey can find herself getting worn down quite easily, so it's important to keep her healthy at all times. Some setup sweepers can have an easy time setting up on Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or use hit them with Seismic Toss if you predict a boosting move. Finally, makes sure to scout for Knock Off and Trick against the uncommon users of the move, such as Landorus, Thundurus-I Thundurus, and Rotom-W.

Team Options
============

There are many different Pokemon that can pair well with Chansey. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, make some of the best partners, as they can easily stop some of the boosting sweepers who that like to set up on Chansey. Physical walls such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur can also stop powerful physical attacks aimed at Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are some other physical walls who that can use Defog, which can help stop Chansey from getting easily worn down. Pokemon who that can't reliably heal themselves, such as Heatran, Aegislash, and Landorus-T, all also make great partners, as they really appreciate Chansey's ability to WishPass pass Wishes. Finally, Mega Pokemon, such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron, can all help absorb Knock Off, a move that Chansey hates.

Other Options
############

There isn't much else Chansey can do that isn't already listed. One of the more notable options is Counter. With it, Chansey can net some surprise KOs against Pokemon such as Garchomp. Unfortunately, Chansey is forced out by a lot of physical attackers, and Chaney Chansey (vice president Dick Chansey) doesn't really have room for it on either of her sets, anyways anyway.

Checks & Counters
#################

**Physical Fighting-types**: Physical Fighting-types, such as Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Mega Medicham, and Breloom, can all switch in to most of Chansey's move and KO with a STAB super effective STAB Fighting-type attack. Faster However, faster Fighting-types must be careful of Thunder Wave, however.

**Knock Off/Trick users**: Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Deoxys-S, Mega Scizor, Thundurus Thundurus-I, and Landorus, can all remove Chansey's Eviolite, making it much less useful. Trick users, such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Latios, can also remove her Eviolite while also forcing her to use an item such as a Choice Scarf, severely crippling her for the rest of the match.

**Trappers**: Trappers, such as Gothitelle and Wobbuffet, can trap Chansey with their abilities. Gothitelle can Trick her Choice Specs or hit her hard with Psyshock, while Wobbuffet can Encore her into a certain move, making her setup fodder for another Pokemon.

**Setup Sweepers**: Setup Sweepers who sweepers that don't mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor, can easily use Chansey as setup bait for a sweep.

**Psyshock/Secret Sword**: Both Psyshock and Secret Sword hit Chansey's weaker Defense stat, allowing Pokemon like Keldeo and Calm Mind Mega Gardevoir to beat Chansey.

**Taunt**: Taunt users, such as Gengar and Mega Gardevoir, have an easy time shutting Chansey down. Gengar is the most notable user of this move, as it's immune to Seismic Toss and can easily set a Substitute up on Chansey. However, Taunt users lacking that lack reliable recovery, however, have to must be aware of being worn down by Seismic Toss.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: In general, powerful physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, and Diggersby, can easily overpower Chansey's Chansey through her weaker defense Defense stat.
Overview
#######

Chansey is a staple on stall, and it's not hard to see why. Thanks to Eviolite, Chansey's special bulk is extremely high, even surpassing that of her evolution, Blissey. Not only that, but Eviolite also boosts Chansey's pitiful Defense stat into something more usable, allowing it to take some physical hits. Chansey's movepool compliments her great bulk extremely well; access to moves such as Soft-Boiled, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock help Chansey easily support both herself and her team with ease. She even has access to Seismic Toss, allowing her to actually do reliable damage to the opponent. However, Chansey is quite reliant on Eviloite, meaning she can't use Leftovers as her item. This leaves her quite vulnerable to passive damage, and she must be kept healthy at all times during the match. Chansey can also be somewhat easy to set up on, especially if her status move of choice has been revealed. Overall, however, Chansey is an great special wall that is recommended for any and all forms of stall.

Support
########

Moves
======

Due to Chansey's large support movepool, Chansey has many different options at her disposal. Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a reliable means of recovery, allowing her to stay healthy throughout the match. Heal Bell is the move of choice for the second slot, as it allows Chansey to heal crippling status effects on her teammates. Stealth Rock is another option that Chansey can use if none of her other teammates are able to use the move. However, it is worth noting that losing the ability to use Heal Bell means that Chansey can no longer heal status effects for her teammates. Toxic is chosen for the third slot due to its ability to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Thunder Wave is another option that Chansey has access to. Though it immediately shuts down faster boosting sweepers, it also leaves Chansey unable to gets past other, bulkier Pokemon. Stealth Rock is once again an option in the third slot, but it must be noted that Chansey is especially vulnerable to setup sweepers if it decides to go without status, especially those with recovery. Finally, Seismic Toss is the move of choice in the last spot due to its ability to deal reliable damage to the opponent.

Set Details
=========

Eviolite is the most important part of this set, as it changes Chansey from an outclassed NFE to the special wall that she is. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and Special Defense the most optimal, as it boosts both her defensive stats to great levels. A Bold nature further boosts Chansey's physical bulk, allowing her to take physical hits surprisingly well. Finally, Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing her to recover from status moves as she switches out, making her almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips
=========

Due to her good bulk, Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. One of the most important things to note when using Chansey is to keep it healthy at all times; without Leftovers, it can have a really easy time getting worn down. Some users of setup moves can have a really easy time boosting against Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or hit them with Seismic Toss if you expect a boosting move. Scouting for Knock Off and Trick against more uncommon users of the move such as Landorus, Thundurus, and Rotom-W is very important in order to keep your Eviolite. Heal Bell, while useful, can also cause your team to lose momentum. As such, only use it when one of your teammates absolutely needs its status ailments cured.

Team Options
============

Chansey has many different Pokemon that can pair with it effectively. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, are the most helpful partners, as they can stop Pokemon that commonly like to set up against Chansey. Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur, can help absorb physical moves for Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are other physical walls with access to Defog, which can help remove the entry hazards that can easily wear Chansey down. Pokemon that dislike status, such as Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Slowbro, Garchomp, Mega Mawile, and Mega Pinsir, all appreciate Chansey's ability to act as a cleric. Finally, Mega Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron can help Chansey by easily absorbing Knock Off for her.

Wish Support
##########

Moves
=======

Wish is the main move on this set, as it allows Chansey to heal not only herself, but her teammates as well. Soft-Boiled is the next move, as it gives Chansey a way of instantly healing herself, something that she needs in order to avoid being worn down. Seismic Toss is the third move on the set, as its Chansey's only way to deal direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Toxic is used in the last slot in order to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Stealth Rock can be used instead of Toxic, but without Toxic, Chansey doesn't really have any way to cripple the opponent, and Stealth Rock is usually better set by teammates anyways. If necessary, Stealth Rock should be substituted for Toxic and only Toxic, as Seismic Toss is necessary to do any direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Protect can be used in tandem with Wish for guaranteed healing, but Protect gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever they want. It also doesn't give Chansey the instant recovery of Soft-Boiled, which is very helpful to prevent it from being worn down.

Set Details
==========

Eviolite is once the most important part of this set, as it's what makes Chansey a superior option to her evolution, Blissey. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the best option, as it boosts both of Chansey's defenses to great levels. Bold is the nature of choice for Chansey, as it allows her to better tank physical hits. Finally, Natural Cure allows Chansey to shed status on the switch, making it almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips
==========

Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. Without Leftovers, Chansey can find herself getting worn down quite easily, so it's important to keep her healthy at all times. Some setup sweepers can have an easy time setting up on Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or hit them with Seismic Toss if you predict a boosting move. Finally, makes sure to scout for Knock Off and Trick against the uncommon users of the move, such as Landorus, Thundurus, and Rotom-W.

Team Options
============

There are many different Pokemon that can pair well with Chansey. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, make some of the best partners, as they can easily stop some of the boosting sweepers that like to set up on Chansey. Physical walls such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur can also stop powerful physical attacks aimed at Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are some other physical walls that can use Defog, which can help stop Chansey from getting easily worn down. Pokemon that can't reliably heal themselves, such as Heatran, Aegislash, and Landorus-T, all also make great partners, as they really appreciate Chansey's ability to pass Wishes. Finally, Mega Pokemon, such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron, can all help absorb Knock Off, a move that Chansey hates.

Other Options
############

There isn't much else Chansey can do that isn't already listed. One of the more notable options is Counter. With it, Chansey can net some surprise KOs against Pokemon such as Garchomp. Unfortunately, Chansey is forced out by a lot of physical attackers, and Chansey doesn't really have room for it on either of her sets anyway.

Checks & Counters
#################

**Physical Fighting-types**: Physical Fighting-types, such as Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Mega Medicham, and Breloom, can all switch in to most of Chansey's move and KO with a super effective STAB Fighting-type attack. However, faster Fighting-types must be careful of Thunder Wave.

**Knock Off/Trick users**: Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Deoxys-S, Mega Scizor, Thundurus, and Landorus, can all remove Chansey's Eviolite, making it much less useful. Trick users, such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Latios, can also remove her Eviolite while also forcing her to use an item such as a Choice Scarf, severely crippling her for the rest of the match.

**Trappers**: Trappers, such as Gothitelle and Wobbuffet, can trap Chansey with their abilities. Gothitelle can Trick her Choice Specs or hit her hard with Psyshock, while Wobbuffet can Encore her into a certain move, making her setup fodder for another Pokemon.

**Setup Sweepers**: Setup sweepers that don't mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor, can easily use Chansey as setup bait for a sweep.

**Psyshock/Secret Sword**: Both Psyshock and Secret Sword hit Chansey's weaker Defense stat, allowing Pokemon like Keldeo and Calm Mind Mega Gardevoir to beat Chansey.

**Taunt**: Taunt users, such as Gengar and Mega Gardevoir, have an easy time shutting Chansey down. Gengar is the most notable user of this move, as it's immune to Seismic Toss and can easily set a Substitute up on Chansey. However, Taunt users that lack reliable recovery must be aware of being worn down by Seismic Toss.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: In general, powerful physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, and Diggersby, can easily overpower Chansey through her weaker Defense stat.

GP approved 2/2

Last edited:
As it turns out, investing in Special Defense over HP gives you 14.4% more special bulk at the cost of 9.8% of your physical bulk. Make what you will of those numbers, because while the Special Defense boost is greater, the Defense boost is arguably more valuable.
Additions
Removals
(Comments)
Overview
#######

Chansey is a staple on stall, and it's not hard to see why. Thanks to Eviolite, Chansey's special bulk is extremely high, even surpassing that of her evolution, Blissey. Not only that, but Eviolite also boosts Chansey's pitiful defense Defense stat into something more usable, allowing it to take some physical hits. Chansey's movepool compliments her great bulk extremely well; access to moves such as Soft Boiled Soft-Boiled, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock help Chansey easily support both herself and her team with ease. She even has access to Seismic Toss, allowing her to actually do reliable damage to the opponent. However, Chansey is quite reliant on Eviloite, however, meaning she can't use Leftovers as her item. This leaves her quite vulnerable to passive damage, and she must be kept healthy at all times during the match. Chansey can also be somewhat easy to set up on, especially if her status move of choice has been revealed. Overall, however, Chansey is an great special wall that is recommended for any and all forms of stall. (Rhyming is cool.)

Support
########

Moves
======

Due to Chansey's large support movepool, Chansey has many different options at her disposal. Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a reliable method means of recovery, allowing her to stay healthy throughout the match. Heal Bell is the move of choice for the second slot, as it allows Chansey to heal crippling status effects on her teammates. Stealth Rock is another option that Chansey can use if none of her other teammates are able to use the move. It However, it is worth noting, however, that losing the ability to use Heal Bell means that Chansey can no longer heal status effects for her teammates. Toxic is chosen for the third slot due to its ability to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Thunder Wave is another option that Chansey has access to. Though it immediately shuts down faster boosting sweepers, it also leaves Chansey unable to gets past other, bulkier Pokemon. Stealth Rock is once again an option in the third slot, but it must be noted that Chansey is especially vulnerable to setup sweepers if it decides to go without status, especially those with recovery. Finally, Seismic Toss is the move of choice in the last spot due to its ability to do deal reliable damage to the opponent.

Set Details
=========

Eviolite is the most important part of this set, as it changes Chansey from an outclassed NFE to the special wall that she is. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and max Special Defense the most optimal, as it boosts both her defensive stats to great levels. A Bold nature further boosts Chansey's physical bulk, allowing her to take physical hits surprisingly well. Finally, Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing her to recover from status moves as she switches out, making her almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips
=========

Due to her good bulk, Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. One of the most important things to note when using Chansey is to keep it healthy at all times; without Leftovers, it can have a really easy time getting worn down. Some users of setup Pokemon moves can have a really easy time boosting against Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or use hit them with Seismic Toss if you expect a boosting move. Scouting for Knock Off and Trick against more uncommon users of the move such as Landorus, Thundurus-I Thundurus, and Rotom-W is very important in order to keep your Eviolite. Heal Bell, while useful, can also cause your team to lose momentum. As such, only use it when one of your teammates absolutely needs its status ailments cured.

Team Options
============

Chansey has many different Pokemon who that can effectively pair with it effectively. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, are the most helpful partners, as they can stop Pokemon that commonly like to set up against Chansey. Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur, can help absorb physical moves for Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are other physical walls with access to Defog, which can help remove the entry hazards that can easily wear Chansey down. Pokemon that dislike status, such as Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Slowbro, Garchomp, Mega Mawile, and Mega Pinsir, all appreciate Chansey's ability to act as a cleric. Finally, Mega Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron can help Chansey by easily absorbing Knock Off for her.

Wish Support
##########

Moves
=======

Wish is the main move of on this set, as it allows Chansey to heal not only heal herself, but her teammates as well. Soft-Boiled is the next move, as it gives Chansey a way to of instantly heal healing herself, something that she needs in order to avoid being worn down. Seismic Toss is the third move on the set, as its Chansey's only way to deal direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Toxic is used in the last slot in order to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Stealth Rock can be used instead of Toxic, but without Toxic, Chansey really doesn't really have a any way to cripple the opponent, and Stealth Rock is usually better set by teammates anyways. If necessary, Stealth Rock should be substituted for Toxic and only Toxic, as Seismic Toss is necessary to do any direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Protect can be used in tandem with Wish for guaranteed healing, but Protect gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever they want. It also doesn't give Chansey the instant recovery of Soft-Boiled, which is very helpful to prevent it from being worn down.

Set Details
==========

Usage Tips
==========

Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Charizard-Y Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. Without Leftovers, Chansey can find herself getting worn down quite easily, so it's important to keep her healthy at all times. Some setup sweepers can have an easy time setting up on Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or use hit them with Seismic Toss if you predict a boosting move. Finally, makes sure to scout for Knock Off and Trick against the uncommon users of the move, such as Landorus, Thundurus-I Thundurus, and Rotom-W.

Team Options
============

There are many different Pokemon that can pair well with Chansey. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, make some of the best partners, as they can easily stop some of the boosting sweepers who that like to set up on Chansey. Physical walls such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur can also stop powerful physical attacks aimed at Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are some other physical walls who that can use Defog, which can help stop Chansey from getting easily worn down. Pokemon who that can't reliably heal themselves, such as Heatran, Aegislash, and Landorus-T, all also make great partners, as they really appreciate Chansey's ability to WishPass pass Wishes. Finally, Mega Pokemon, such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron, can all help absorb Knock Off, a move that Chansey hates.

Other Options
############

There isn't much else Chansey can do that isn't already listed. One of the more notable options is Counter. With it, Chansey can net some surprise KOs against Pokemon such as Garchomp. Unfortunately, Chansey is forced out by a lot of physical attackers, and Chaney Chansey (vice president Dick Chansey) doesn't really have room for it on either of her sets, anyways anyway.

Checks & Counters
#################

**Physical Fighting-types**: Physical Fighting-types, such as Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Mega Medicham, and Breloom, can all switch in to most of Chansey's move and KO with a STAB super effective STAB Fighting-type attack. Faster However, faster Fighting-types must be careful of Thunder Wave, however.

**Knock Off/Trick users**: Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Deoxys-S, Mega Scizor, Thundurus Thundurus-I, and Landorus, can all remove Chansey's Eviolite, making it much less useful. Trick users, such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Latios, can also remove her Eviolite while also forcing her to use an item such as a Choice Scarf, severely crippling her for the rest of the match.

**Setup Sweepers**: Setup Sweepers who sweepers that don't mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor, can easily use Chansey as setup bait for a sweep.

**Taunt**: Taunt users, such as Gengar and Mega Gardevoir, have an easy time shutting Chansey down. Gengar is the most notable user of this move, as it's immune to Seismic Toss and can easily set a Substitute up on Chansey. However, Taunt users lacking that lack reliable recovery, however, have to must be aware of being worn down by Seismic Toss.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: In general, powerful physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, and Diggersby, can easily overpower Chansey's Chansey through her weaker defense Defense stat.
Overview
#######

Chansey is a staple on stall, and it's not hard to see why. Thanks to Eviolite, Chansey's special bulk is extremely high, even surpassing that of her evolution, Blissey. Not only that, but Eviolite also boosts Chansey's pitiful Defense stat into something more usable, allowing it to take some physical hits. Chansey's movepool compliments her great bulk extremely well; access to moves such as Soft-Boiled, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Stealth Rock help Chansey easily support both herself and her team with ease. She even has access to Seismic Toss, allowing her to actually do reliable damage to the opponent. However, Chansey is quite reliant on Eviloite, meaning she can't use Leftovers as her item. This leaves her quite vulnerable to passive damage, and she must be kept healthy at all times during the match. Chansey can also be somewhat easy to set up on, especially if her status move of choice has been revealed. Overall, however, Chansey is an great special wall that is recommended for any and all forms of stall.

Support
########

Moves
======

Due to Chansey's large support movepool, Chansey has many different options at her disposal. Soft-Boiled gives Chansey a reliable means of recovery, allowing her to stay healthy throughout the match. Heal Bell is the move of choice for the second slot, as it allows Chansey to heal crippling status effects on her teammates. Stealth Rock is another option that Chansey can use if none of her other teammates are able to use the move. However, it is worth noting that losing the ability to use Heal Bell means that Chansey can no longer heal status effects for her teammates. Toxic is chosen for the third slot due to its ability to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Thunder Wave is another option that Chansey has access to. Though it immediately shuts down faster boosting sweepers, it also leaves Chansey unable to gets past other, bulkier Pokemon. Stealth Rock is once again an option in the third slot, but it must be noted that Chansey is especially vulnerable to setup sweepers if it decides to go without status, especially those with recovery. Finally, Seismic Toss is the move of choice in the last spot due to its ability to deal reliable damage to the opponent.

Set Details
=========

Eviolite is the most important part of this set, as it changes Chansey from an outclassed NFE to the special wall that she is. Due to her large HP stat, Chansey doesn't need to invest in HP. This makes a spread of max Defense and Special Defense the most optimal, as it boosts both her defensive stats to great levels. A Bold nature further boosts Chansey's physical bulk, allowing her to take physical hits surprisingly well. Finally, Natural Cure benefits Chansey by allowing her to recover from status moves as she switches out, making her almost impossible to wear down with Toxic.

Usage Tips
=========

Due to her good bulk, Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. One of the most important things to note when using Chansey is to keep it healthy at all times; without Leftovers, it can have a really easy time getting worn down. Some users of setup moves can have a really easy time boosting against Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or hit them with Seismic Toss if you expect a boosting move. Scouting for Knock Off and Trick against more uncommon users of the move such as Landorus, Thundurus, and Rotom-W is very important in order to keep your Eviolite. Heal Bell, while useful, can also cause your team to lose momentum. As such, only use it when one of your teammates absolutely needs its status ailments cured.

Team Options
============

Chansey has many different Pokemon that can pair with it effectively. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, are the most helpful partners, as they can stop Pokemon that commonly like to set up against Chansey. Physical walls, such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur, can help absorb physical moves for Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are other physical walls with access to Defog, which can help remove the entry hazards that can easily wear Chansey down. Pokemon that dislike status, such as Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Slowbro, Garchomp, Mega Mawile, and Mega Pinsir, all appreciate Chansey's ability to act as a cleric. Finally, Mega Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron can help Chansey by easily absorbing Knock Off for her.

Wish Support
##########

Moves
=======

Wish is the main move on this set, as it allows Chansey to heal not only herself, but her teammates as well. Soft-Boiled is the next move, as it gives Chansey a way of instantly healing herself, something that she needs in order to avoid being worn down. Seismic Toss is the third move on the set, as its Chansey's only way to deal direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Toxic is used in the last slot in order to put both setup sweepers and walls on a timer. Stealth Rock can be used instead of Toxic, but without Toxic, Chansey doesn't really have any way to cripple the opponent, and Stealth Rock is usually better set by teammates anyways. If necessary, Stealth Rock should be substituted for Toxic and only Toxic, as Seismic Toss is necessary to do any direct damage to the opponent. Finally, Protect can be used in tandem with Wish for guaranteed healing, but Protect gives the opponent a free turn to do whatever they want. It also doesn't give Chansey the instant recovery of Soft-Boiled, which is very helpful to prevent it from being worn down.

Set Details
==========

Usage Tips
==========

Chansey can be used to check and/or counter the following Pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Heatran, Kingdra, Latias, (Mega) Alakazam, (Mega) Gardevoir, Mega Manetric, (Mega) Venusaur, non-Knock Off Deoxys-S, non-Knock Off Landorus, non-Knock Off Thundurus, non-Trick Rotom-W, Politoed, Raikou, special Mega Charizard Y, Starmie, Substitute Kyurem-B, Togekiss, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona, Zapdos, and plenty more. Without Leftovers, Chansey can find herself getting worn down quite easily, so it's important to keep her healthy at all times. Some setup sweepers can have an easy time setting up on Chansey, so make sure to switch out, use status, or hit them with Seismic Toss if you predict a boosting move. Finally, makes sure to scout for Knock Off and Trick against the uncommon users of the move, such as Landorus, Thundurus, and Rotom-W.

Team Options
============

There are many different Pokemon that can pair well with Chansey. Unaware users, such as Quagsire and Clefable, make some of the best partners, as they can easily stop some of the boosting sweepers that like to set up on Chansey. Physical walls such as Hippowdon and physically defensive Mega Venusaur can also stop powerful physical attacks aimed at Chansey. Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Mandibuzz are some other physical walls that can use Defog, which can help stop Chansey from getting easily worn down. Pokemon that can't reliably heal themselves, such as Heatran, Aegislash, and Landorus-T, all also make great partners, as they really appreciate Chansey's ability to pass Wishes. Finally, Mega Pokemon, such as Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, and Mega Aggron, can all help absorb Knock Off, a move that Chansey hates.

Other Options
############

There isn't much else Chansey can do that isn't already listed. One of the more notable options is Counter. With it, Chansey can net some surprise KOs against Pokemon such as Garchomp. Unfortunately, Chansey is forced out by a lot of physical attackers, and Chansey doesn't really have room for it on either of her sets anyway.

Checks & Counters
#################

**Physical Fighting-types**: Physical Fighting-types, such as Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Mega Medicham, and Breloom, can all switch in to most of Chansey's move and KO with a super effective STAB Fighting-type attack. However, faster Fighting-types must be careful of Thunder Wave.

**Knock Off/Trick users**: Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Deoxys-S, Mega Scizor, Thundurus, and Landorus, can all remove Chansey's Eviolite, making it much less useful. Trick users, such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Latios, can also remove her Eviolite while also forcing her to use an item such as a Choice Scarf, severely crippling her for the rest of the match.

**Setup Sweepers**: Setup sweepers that don't mind Toxic or Thunder Wave, such as Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor, can easily use Chansey as setup bait for a sweep.

**Taunt**: Taunt users, such as Gengar and Mega Gardevoir, have an easy time shutting Chansey down. Gengar is the most notable user of this move, as it's immune to Seismic Toss and can easily set a Substitute up on Chansey. However, Taunt users that lack reliable recovery must be aware of being worn down by Seismic Toss.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: In general, powerful physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, and Diggersby, can easily overpower Chansey through her weaker Defense stat.

GP approved 2/2
Thanks! I'll implement this when I get home :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)