Chansey (Skeleton) [QC Approved 2/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why isn't there a cleric set? With Sleep's new mechanics, I'd imagine the set would be quite useful for teams without a Sleep absorber. And with Sleep Talk being less readily available, there are more teams without a Sleep absorber. SR could also be mentioned in AC over Aromatherapy, though if so, the set should be called 'Support.'

Palkia is banned from OU, most likely forever.
I'm aware that Palkia is banned from OU, I made this skeleton back when it was just level 100, and not OU. That won't show up in the analysis.

There isn't a cleric set because it's really just a one move difference and it's already in Optional Changes. Stealth Rock is also in Optional Changes.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There isn't a cleric set because it's really just a one move difference and it's already in Optional Changes. Stealth Rock is also in Optional Changes.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kyogre

The sets in the Kyogre analysis are very similar to one another in terms of moves only; the first two sets having exactly the same moves as well (only differing by Specs/Scarf). Kyogre's 5th gen analysis sets will be very similar to this one. By your logic, most of these sets should be scrapped. However, we do not deny sets because their moves are very similar; we deny them because they function too similarly.

Counter and Aromtherapy Chansey function quite differently. Counter Chansey tends to stay in on certain physical attackers to net a Counter, whilst Aromtherapy would come in once to use Aromtherapy and then swap out of some or many of the physical attackers that Counter Chansey would use to her advantage. Aromtherapy may also be used repeatedly, whilst any smart user is not going to let himself get Countered more than once.

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kyogre

The sets in the Kyogre analysis are very similar to one another in terms of moves only; the first two sets having exactly the same moves as well (only differing by Specs/Scarf). Kyogre's 5th gen analysis sets will be very similar to this one. By your logic, most of these sets should be scrapped. However, we do not deny sets because their moves are very similar; we deny them because they function too similarly.

Counter and Aromtherapy Chansey function quite differently. Counter Chansey tends to stay in on certain physical attackers to net a Counter, whilst Aromtherapy would come in once to use Aromtherapy and then swap out of some or many of the physical attackers that Counter Chansey would use to her advantage. Aromtherapy may also be used repeatedly, whilst any smart user is not going to let himself get Countered more than once.
Yes, but those Kyogre sets are actually trying to do different things. Ie. Hard-hitting, CMing, bulky attacking, etc. This is like the difference between Wisher Chansey and Counter Chansey, which is why they get two separate write-ups.

For Chansey, there's no point in writing up a new set with Aromatherapy when it's literally going to be doing the same thing that the Wisher is doing, which is stalling and supporting. So yes, Counter Chansey and Cleric Chansey may be different, but Wish Chansey and Cleric Chansey function too similarly to justify writing a new set. I think it's fine in Optional Changes.

--

Since this has been QC Approved, I'll get started on the actual write-up soon.

Just a small aside; I believe Aromatherapy and Wish are incompatible; Chansey needs to run Heal Bell if she also wishes (>_>) to provide Wish support.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For Chansey, there's no point in writing up a new set with Aromatherapy when it's literally going to be doing the same thing that the Wisher is doing, which is stalling and supporting. So yes, Counter Chansey and Cleric Chansey may be different, but Wish Chansey and Cleric Chansey function too similarly to justify writing a new set. I think it's fine in Optional Changes.
They stall and support in different ways. Cleric support is significantly different to Wish support. Cleric support is better for teams without a status absorber like a Sleep Talker or Poison Heal Gliscor. Wish Support is better for teams with many defensive mons without recovery like Nattorei or offensive mons who aren't frail, don't have recovery, and it helps them survive longer to deal more damage like Scizor. They would have different teammate comments. Of course, some teammates would be similar, but they're the ones who work with Chansey's high SpD, low Def and weakness to Fighting-type mons i.e. teammates good for any Chansey set. Stalling is also different; Wish helps allies to stall as well i.e. heal a teammate who can then continue stalling a Pokemon that Chansey can't stall. Aromtherapy is better at stalling against status users, in particular Toxic and Toxic Spikes users, especially if Chansey is the last Pokemon.

Also, Aromatherapy is much more worthy than OO.

Ummmm... Because I am now doing the ubers analysis, you don't need to mention specs palkia in the rain.

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone else write this analysis? I have neither the time nor the drive to write any full analyses of a pokemon.

I already got it QC Approved, so it shouldn't be too hard for someone to just take the current skeleton and write it up if they feel that they can do so. All it needs is a write up and GP Approval, so anyone who thinks they can write up the analysis well enough can take it.

Sorry, but school's about to start up again and I'm really starting to lose interest in this game as well.

It's probably a good idea to start a new thread for whoever wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)