Chaos Mafia - Game Over! [Assortment of Random Characters wins!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Night 2

As the day ended, everyone approached the poor man whose time they all agreed was up with something akin to menace in your step. All except Accent, who appeared to be somewhat nervous. Deciding to enquire about him later, they returned to the issue at hand, that is, the destruction of a certain celestial canine. As they approached LightWolf though, they observed a nasty glint in his eye as he raised a hand and Taunted. This was too much for the closest man to bear, and he dove at him with murder in his heart, only to have LightWolf raise his hand, apparently catching him midair with Psychic powers and fling him far away with a flick of his wrist. As LightWolf stood there manically laughing, Accent started laughing crazily along with him, running around, digging out random items from his pockets, and throwing them at random people. He threw a rock at Fishin, a chocolate at Jimbo, a purple and white ball at LightWolf and an apple at billymills. While Fishin and billymills merely looked annoyed, and the whale-sized Jumbo gleefully gulped down the chocolate, LightWolf's reaction was to get sucked into what you now realised was a Master Ball.

Dear LightWolf,
You are Mewtwo.

You are a genetically modified super powerful descendant of the legendary Pokemon known as Mew. You were originally created to be the strongest of all Pokemon, and to serve a human master. However, you surpassed your expectations and overthrew your master, becoming a Pokemon unwilling to bend to the will of any trainer. Your extremely well-developed psychic abilities have drawn much attention to you, and you eventually chose to join The Joker in his mission to cause chaos all over the world.

Your psychic powers will come in handy this game. You have the ability to take control of users' minds and force them to work for your side. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Psychic USER. You will use your powers to change their win condition to 'You win if Mewtwo's side wins' (with your side replacing 'Mewtwo's side'). Unfortunately, your Psychic attack only has 2 PP remaining, so you may only use this ability twice. However, you have another attack with plenty of PP remaining that you may use on any night that you do not recruit a user. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Using Telekinesis to freeze USER where they are. That user will be unable to complete a night action during that night.

You win if the Insane win.
A pair of Ear Muffs lay at a distance from the Ball, since it couldn't hold them. The ground under the Ball trembled and a huge crack opened, and the Ball fell in, never to be seen again... Someone picked up the Ear Muffs in the confusion.

As everyone stood around, looking into the deep crevasse, wondering what to do, they became aware of a huge commotion. Accent was screaming, completely losing it now, screaming about horrific images that apparently appeared only to him. The screaming rose in pitch and he started shaking with convulsions, as he raised a hand to his chest. It looked like he could take it no more, as he fell to the ground, shutting his eyes, welcoming death with arms wide open, screaming his thanks for his release from the torture.

Dear Accent,
You are Cthun.

"Something spoke. Not English. Something that sounded like 'Cthun, cthun, deeyanna, deyanna.' But then . . . Christ, then it said my name. It said, 'Cthun, N., deeyanna, N.' I think I screamed, but I'm not sure, because by then the wind had become a gale that was roaring in my ears. I should have screamed. I had every right to scream. Because it knew my name! That grotesque, unnamable thing knew my name!"

You aren't from this world, that's for sure. Your presence in this world is only possible if you can get through that gate in Ackerman's Field. The cursed just keep coming, they keep passing it on, inducing what the psychologists determine is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - but that's what you want them to think. You want them to tell themselves that Cthun doesn't exist, it's just something the patient made up after reading some horror story. They'll come and investigate the field for themselves, and that's when you'll escape. The thousands of years of being trapped in an alternate universe will be over. When you finally get the opportunity, you'll enter the world and it will never be the same again.

There will be a single user destined to be the one responsible for your release, and it is up to you who that is. At the same time, however, you must select someone to place the curse on. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Sealing USER1's destiny and Cursing USER2. Neither user may be on your team. The Curse works as follows: User 2 will receive a PM at the end of the next day telling them that they MUST target someone with their ability, or if they have no ability, to send a PM entitled Night X - Target USER. They will be informed that the penalty for not doing this is death. Their ability, if any, will not do anything that night, and the user won't be aware of this. The user they target will be given the curse, receive the same PM, and be under the same restrictions. This process will continue until the curse finally reaches User 1, who will die upon receiving the curse. If this occurs, you will gain entry into the world and be given your powers. If the cursed user is ever lynched, or if the destined user is killed by something other than the curse, you may resend the original PM. Otherwise, this ability can only be used once. You will be informed if this happens.

You win if the Insane win.

For some reason this man had held a Knife with him at the time of death. This was now missing and duly noted. Pleased about the apparent double strike to the Insane, everyone prepares to go about their nightly activities. Accent's death, and how it could have happened, was still a nagging question at the back of their minds though.

It is now Night 2. Yada yada get PMs in within 48 hours from this post. Remember to PM both Earthworm and Gmax.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, so tomorrow we lynch Exarius and hopefully that will be the end of the insane. In the meantime someone has a mask. If that person can get in touch with me I can tell them who to give it to.

Have a nice day.

Night 2 End / Day 3 Start

With fewer and fewer alive to go out at night, the nights seem to have gotten progressively less eventful. However, it appears that there have still been several murders overnight.

As you walk up to the first corpse, you realise that he appears to have commited suicide by hanging himself. You theorise that he might have been forced to do this. It seems this was just an average man.

Dear GoldenKnight14,
You are Bryan.

Unfortunately, when the leader of the Assortment of Random Characters was looking for things, characters, and people to join his alliance, he had significant difficulty finding a final recruit. He ended up choosing you, a seemingly insignificant person from Canada. However, while to most people you may appear fairly useless, with the right tools you could make a large impact in this war.

Using your Internet access, you have created an anonymous alias for yourself. For the duration of the game, unless you choose to reveal yourself to others, you will be known as 'robots' on the player list. If you want to post something, from lynch votes to messages, you may send a PM entitled Night/Day X - Posting, and the contents of the message will be posted by the hosts with an indication that the message was sent by 'robots'. You have also scoured your apartment for weapons and you found something useful in the freezer.

You have the Frozen Bag of Food. The Frozen Bag of Food is an item. It cannot be given away or stolen. If you are holding the Frozen Bag of Food and someone attempts to steal from you, that user will not be able to steal any item during the next night as their hands will be chilled to the bone. If you are holding this item along with the Knife, Spoon, and Fork, you will be able to eat the food and gain new abilities.

You win if the Assortment of Random Characters wins.
It seems that robots AKA GoldenKnight14 was indeed holding the Frozen Bag of Food when he died, as you can tell from the shards of ice from where it was dragged along the road.

You also duly note that there was an error in this PM, and where it said 'holding this item along with the Knife...' it meant 'holding this item along with at least two of the Knife...'.

The second corpse you come across looks like someone very large squashed into a tiny, skeletal body. He seems to have been run through over and over with long blades, and they must have eventually cut through because pieces of his bones are all over the ground.

Dear Jimbo,
You are Skullkid.

You were once an innocent but mischeivous forest imp, but now things have gone sour. After stealing Majora's Mask, you put it on, and the spirit of Majora has overwhelmed you, filling you with greed and ambition to complete the triforce for yourself. You know this will be no easy task however, so you have assembled a team to work for you, not necessarily by will - the Assortment of Random Characters.

You also have a special power: you control the Moon. You are the one who will activate his ability at night by pming the hosts with Night [x] - Moon [user]. You are not quite sure of what this does or how to use it, but the moon itself will have the answers. Additionally, you will be able to obtain your own answers through your imp magic. During any night where you aren't activating the Moon's ability, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Summoning Magic to Answer Question. In the body of the PM, you should ask a single question to which the answer can only be yes or no, and you will receive the answer by the next morning.

You win if the Assortment of Random Characters wins.
Looks like Skullkid wasn't quite as successful as in Zelda Mafia, even though it seems his abilities were upgraded! You notice that he was in possession of the Ear Muffs when he died, but he they're no longer here.

You don't notice any other corpses lying around, so you prepare for another long day's voting.

PMs are all out!

The deadline for Day 3 will be 48 hours from 8AM in GMT+11, or 9PM GMT. Which is the 28th of October, at 9PM GMT if my calculations are correct!

Altair

just who is the coon?
Ok everyone, I would prefer NOT to vote for an insane at this stage. The sophisticated are 6 members strong, since they probably have the same recruiting abilities as lightwolf did, and there are 15 people left. Assuming none of their members die during the next day/night phase, they have the majority. We also have a guaranteed Sophisticated in Fishin (my info comes from this post, which has had correct info so far), and the insane are not a large threat at this point...

Lynch Fishin

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hmm.. you're right, we cant win this game with votes alone.

Let's hold off on the lynch for 24 hours or so, so we can organise something.

Also AB can you take back your post for a brief period, you can lynch asim today, just not right at the moment.

Have a nice day.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Here is the deal: I think the village needs to unite. I wasnt going to do this, (I always think this and it never works), but I need villagers to get in touch with me about their roles.

I dont need to know exactly who has what role, if you can come up with a way of telling me your role without exposing yourself you are free to try it (something like user a comes up and says me and my two friends have these three roles).

Note this post. Where Jimbo, with an inspection ability confirms that he trusts me. It is plausible I was recruited last night, but anyone could have been and I dont know what else we can do at this point, without using our roles it seems we are at the mercy of the mafia.

If the village is already united without me, then please talk to me.

And if you have the mask, please get in touch. It would be extremely advantageous to our cause.

Have a nice day.

If we won't vote for a mafia quick enough I think I'll need to blow up on Fishin

I GOT A LIGHT

Also, why should I post the asim vote later? If the lynch goes without me voting for asim I will be godkilled. Isn't it better to vote to asim now and blow up on fishin if the vote goes wrong?

Finally, I think that only 1 nightkill will happen Night 3 (assuming 3/2 kills). Night 0 had Kannon erupting. Night 1 had Insane killing, Sylar killing, and Joker blowing up himself. Night 2 had Insane killing and Sophisticated killing. Night 3 will have Sophisticated killing only.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Finally, I think that only 1 nightkill will happen Night 3 (assuming 3/2 kills). Night 0 had Kannon erupting. Night 1 had Insane killing, Sylar killing, and Joker blowing up himself. Night 2 had Insane killing and Sophisticated killing. Night 3 will have Sophisticated killing only.
I am sorry but I didn't get this at all?

And Hip isn't on and there is no reason NOT to get fishin, so Lynch Fishin

I am sorry but I didn't get this at all?

And Hip isn't on and there is no reason NOT to get fishin, so Lynch Fishin
I think that we will only lose 1 member Night 3. I think that this game only has 2/3 kills per team (because 2 recruits + 3 kills/night if sylar's alive = more like a 2-way fight between the mafias with villagers claiming mafia)

This is the kill pattern I think happened:

Night 0 - Eruption - Nightkillers hooked
Night 1 - 3 Kills - Insane kill Sylar/blue_light. Sylar kills Chief Wiggum/HD. Porygon3/Joker kills himself with his ability.
Night 2 - 2 Kills - Insane kill Jimbo/Skullkid. Sophisticated kill Bryan/GoldenKinght14
Night 3 - 1 Kill - Sophisticated kill SOMEONE
Night 4 - 1 Kill - Insane kill SOMEONE
The N3-4 don't account for hookers, vigilinates, and similar.

How I know that Sophisticated killed Bryan and Insane killed Jimbo? Look at the kill descriptions. They give some info.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
I think your night kill pattern is ridiculous. It could just have easily ave been a blocked kill, there is really no reason to assume what you have suggested. Maybe they have limited kills and were saving them up for later, who knows.

Lynching a sophisticated indicates that the sophisticated are a stronger team than us, at the moment I am unsure, I'd like it if somebody knew.

Lets assume that there are 6 sophisticated. If we make that assumption we have to assume there are 2 insane. And lets assume there is at least 1 neutral. There are 15 alive which leaves 6 villagers.

If we lynch a sophisticated it gives 5-2-1-6 which then turns to 5-2-1-4 overnight at that point the insane probably vote with us to eliminate a sophisticated (if they are trying to win and not just get revenge on us for killing lightwolf). 4-2-1-4.

Then the sophisticated kill one of us and best case scenario the insane take the chance to kill one of then 3-2-1-3. There is a lynch and again we lynch a sophisticated 2-2-1-3 at this point our only hope of winning is for the the mafia to target each other. If they do, at 1-1-1-3 we can still lose should the neutral assist the mafia at that point or if the persuader is still alive or if they have any other power. And this is more or less the best case scenario. To get to that scenario we also need to know who all of the sophisticated are. At the moment we have no idea because we havent made any efforts to unite.

Our inspectors are dead, we have to do something.

If we want to win, we have to unite somehow. If you dont trust me, then who do you trust? I didnt want to do this, I wanted to play it safe and stay in the background being mysterious, but, with the Kannon lynch and the fact that nobody has made any effort to unite the village I am taking up the slack.

I dont know why I would ask you not to vote to lynch Asim if I am trying to make you lynch Asim..

So yeah, those of you who still havent gotten in touch with me, I would greatly appreciate it if you would before the end of this day.. Or at least post suggesting someone else we can all get in touch with.

If we know our nightroles there might be plenty of good reasons to not get fishin. Maybe we have a vigilante we can activate somehow.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)