ORAS OU Chaotic Realm (peaked 14th)

Igniizard

formerly denger

Hi guys,it's Denger here with another RMT. Once again I'm doing an OU RMT on a team I used on the ladder and had fun doing so,I think it performs well and is worth showcasing here so here it goes!

Team is more of a balanced squad taking advantage of pokemon like Dragonite and dual genies as main breakers,Scarf Driller is hazard cleaner and can also clean weakened teams late game. Clefable and Mega Bro are glues that keep the team together. Initially had Garchomp over Clef as rocker but I was ice type weak and phys def Clef can somewhat help the weavile weakness.

Thundurus was the first Pokemon that comes to my mind whenever I want to build an offense oriented team, it has good utility in prankster t-wave,hits hard with LO and has good speed tier.

Next up was Dragonite,it declined in popularity since the release of ORAS but this thing can still put in work with its DD set,punishing unprepared teams. It can also force 50/50 by making opponent think twice before hitting a SE move on this.

I noticed that my team so far was weak to rocks so I went with scarf drill to patch up the CM clef weakness and hazard remover. Can also work as a late game sweeper.

I noticed I was weak to sand and I felt like I could add another wincon so I went with DD landorus,has utility in intimidate and can be an absolute savage when it sets up.

I noticed that my team has no proper Keldeo switch in so I went with Slowbro which can check almost all fighting types in the tier, CM mega bro can act as a win con since its very hard to breakdown after its checks/counters are weakened /eliminated.

Clefable is my rocker,my Weavile switch in and one of the glue duo which includes Slowbro. Has utility in good recovery,hazard and t-wave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Without further ado,lets get into the sets!

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Thundurus is a pokemon I almost always use when making offensive teams,it has too much utlity ,power and a great speed tier to pass out on. This set is standard T-wave 3 attacks. T wave can cripple foes so it makes them think twice before setting up, Thunderbolt is mandatory stab, hits hard and gets kills on Pokemon like Medicham,Diancie after rocks,not to mention it hard checks some common Water type pokemon like Azumarill,Keldeo,Manaphy which is crucial for any team. Focus blast hits steel types which can pave the way for Clefable to put in more work,also hits annoying mons like Ferro and Tran.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw

Dragonite was the other breaker I paired Thundrus up with , it can tear through unprepared teams since people don't expect this thing too much since its declined in usage ever since the release of ORAS,I still think its an underrated Pokemon which needs more love. Adamant nature with max investment in HP and Attack is standard spread taking advantage of Dnite's great attack stat and ok speed. Dragon dance to setup ,which it can do nicely thanks to multiscale, Dragon Claw is over Outrage cause I hate being locked into moves when fairy types are everywhere. E speed is priority which comes in handy to pick off weakened foes,EQ is for steels which resist both the other moves. WP over Lum as item cause I think that getting extra boosts can break through teams faster and even potentially carry out the sweep which might have not been possible with Lum Berry.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

I noticed that I needed a hazard remover since both of the other mons are weak to rocks and struggle vs Clefable ,so wen't with Excadrill which can act as a hazard remover and a good fairy check. EQ and Iron Head are mandatory stab,rock slide hits stuff like Thundurus and Tornadus for SE damage , Rapid Spin to get hazard out the field, Jolly nature over adamant cause I want to outspeed stuff like opposing dragonite and hit it with a SE mold breaker rock slide and Adamant ZardX which is rare but can be problematic for this team.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Next member is DD Landorus therian which is an absolute savage,with Adamant nature and Earth Plate, it can OHKO Stuff like Fatchomp at +2 which is sorta insane. This acts as a soft check to sand teams and a wincon with SD and RP. EQ is mandatory stab and I picked Knock over Edge cause getting rid of Items on stuff like Rotom can be crucial for other mons like Slowbro to perform better,and it doesn't miss so....

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Next up is Slowbro, it can act as a wincon with CM Shell armor. Also is the primary Keldeo switch in of this team with Clefable being phys def ,CM boosts its special defense and special attack making it really hard to break down while also giving a great boost in already high 130 spa. After its checks are eliminated/weakened this thing can easily get the win. Ev spread focuses on its HP and Defense mainly cause it checks fighting types while having enough spdef investment to not get 2hkoed by any move Keldeo can go for.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Final member of this team is Clefable ,it's my rocker, my Weavile check, and a glue mon that keeps this team together. EV spread focuses on phys def ,as its my primary Lati and Weavile switch in, be wary of psychic on Latios though as that can be problematic as it always 2hkoes. 56 spdef ensures I avoid 2hko from some of the weaker electric types. Rocks are the only hazards this team has,every team needs stealth rock to function properly and this is no exception,moonblast is obligatory stab. Softboiled is good recovery,T-wave does what it does best,haxes and makes opponent slower which can make or break games really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Pokemon that are huge threats to this team

Fairy types like Azumarill and Diancie are huge threats, as my fairy resist is Excadrill which is very underwhelming at taking hits.

Dark types like Bisharp and Weavile are huge problems too,Weavile can be somewhat managed by clef if its kept healthy and doesn't get flinched , but Bisharp is a huge nuisance, I have to make sure that rocks aren't up and revenge with D-nite.

Serperior is also a huge threat as my only counterplay against is T-wave or weakening it with scarf drill and revenge with D-nite or vice versa.

Replays of the team in action

If you wanna use this team,click the link below.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that this team is far from perfect ,so any constructive criticism is appreciated. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this RMT,until next time!

Igniizard

formerly denger
how do you beat scizor without a crapton of hax

I second that . This team really lacks a primary scizor check . I can somewhat deal with swords dance / u-turn scizor but bulky SD / Bug bite scizor can be really threatening for my team if it gets the opportunity to set up so i try to keep thundurus healthy as long as possible . I'd really appreciate if you can offer some suggestion though ^_^

I think Incinerate Thundurus isn't a terrible idea, you check Scizor pretty hard and you already have methods to beat Kyurem Ttar etc.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Bro your Slowbro evs are very inefficient. Rule of thumb: if you want to invest in mixed defenses, give the + nature to the higher stat, as natures are a 10% stat increase. That will allow you to invest more in SpDef and will in turn give you a higher overall special defense stat.

Nice team :)

saw you mention that you're bug bite Zor weak. You can go with fire punch d-nite over Eq and that still allows you to hit steels besides tran but You seem to handle tran pretty well on paper with your other mon.

Dragonite @ weakness policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there denger, this is a really cool team overall, but I believe that it could use a few adjustments that could make it better.

Threat Overview:
- Serperior is a huge threat to your team, being able to force out multiple members of the team and set up, Substitute variants can be handled pretty well by Dragonite, but Life Orb variants with Dragon Pulse can be a pain to handle if you can't paralyze them with Thundurus.
- Mega Gardevoir poses a huge threat to your team as your sole fairy resist is Excadrill, who gets crippled by Will-O-Wisp upon switch in and is OHKOed by Focus Blast while the rest of the team kinda just gets blown back by Hyper Voices.
- Bisharp is super difficult to deal with, as it can OHKO every single member of your team at +2, and has priority for your faster Pokemon, so you pretty much lose the second that Dragonite loses its multiscale.

Team Changes:
Weakness Policy--->Lum Berry:
While weakness policy can be useful in certain scenarios, it is too situational to justify over Lum Berry, which lets you reliably set up on Rotom-W, Slowbro, etc. Not only that, but Lum Berry can allow you to sweep opposing teams, even when they have priority Thunder Wave users. Also, being able to deal with random Toxic users is really nice.

(Double Dance)--->
(Fast Wisp)
: Your team already has a core of Pokemon that check what Landorus-T needs to in practicality, so it isn't particularly important to this team. I believe that fast wisp Heatran is the best option as a replacement because it is a very consistent check to Serperior, it soft checks Bisharp since it can wisp as Bisharp suckers, it can soft check Mega Gardevoir, and it can check Raikou/Manectric, taking a little bit of pressure from Scarf Excadrill. Losing a win condition in double dance Lando-T isn't terrible here since you already have two win conditions in Dragonite and Mega Slowbro. I decided to forego Earth Power since you already have MegaBro for Zardx/Heatran, but you can still run it if you wish.

Conclusion: You still struggle with Mega Gardevoir after these changes a bit, but you have several checks that can deal with it, and it is pretty manageable as long as you don't give it too many free switch ins. Keep in mind that you have Mega Slowbro to check stuff like Azumarill and Mega Dianccie, and play aggressively vs offensive Starmie so that it doesn't get too many chances to wallbreak vs you. Overall, I believe that these changes make the team better and you can get past pretty much any team with proper play, just keep in mind that stall can be a difficult match up if you play too passively.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Hey, so I'm not that high in ladder right now, (losing streaks) but I've been playing since ORAS, and I think your team is pretty solid, but it needs tweaking. Like LittleLucario said, heatran has a better spot on your team than lando, as it fits your team better. Mons like ferrothorn and quagsire can wear this team down little by little, and not take a whole ton of damage in return. Mons like scarf Kyurem-B tear through this, the only exception being slowbro, which is slowed down by it, but will still make 2-3 turn kill. Heatran really helps this team last longer. Things about dragonite: I don't believe you need EQ when exca is also packing it, although it might be better to keep it if you decide to run heatran. If you don't, and like lando a lot, then I would recommend tagging out rock polish or swords dance. I mean, in most situations, you can only afford one set up per time in battle, so you just wasted a move slot. It's rare that your opponent will let you set up BOTH SD and RP. And in the off chance they do, either they're setting up, or they can afford to let you set up, but they won't show it (i.e., Unaware Clef/Quagsire, or like ice shard donphan, which can get two ice shards off at 100%). Instead, I'd recommend evaluating which move is more important to your team, keeping it, then tagging out the other move with u-turn/stone edge.
I was mostly just restating what others have said, but I hope you found this at least a little helpful. I do really like your team :D
-Overloud

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)