CharArt - Charmander's art thread.

Is this poll a terribly executed way to get more clicks?

• Yes

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
update 3/10/12: REVAMPING THIS THREAD posting some new stuff that is probably a lot better than my old crappy art so you can disregard the old stuff if you want.

Hey Smogon, I've been doodling for a few years and I decided to draw some stuff. They're mostly derpy Little Cup Pokemon but at least I like them =) I'll take requests if someone actually wants to request something...I don't have that many drawings now but I'll add more later. P.S. don't expect anything good. If I don't mention that I drew the background, assume I didn't.

The Art

This is the first thing I drew on Paint Tool SAI. I traced Ken Sugimori's art for Voltorb and Electrode, then recolored it with the official B&W sprite colors (and shaded them differently). The background is lightning or something that I drew. I have no idea where the light source is since they're shaded on different sides, so I guess it's in the middle, getting wider as it comes down.

Since I really like Slowpoke, I decided to draw it. The pose it completely original, and the colors are again from the B&W sprite. The background is water's edge because that's where Slowpoke live, according to the Pokedex.

This is Zuruggu. As all Little Cup players know, he's a great Dragon Dancer and sweeper, so I decided to draw him for fun. He's waving at you! The background is in the middle of the forest. I'm not sure why, but since I couldn't find any Pokedex information on where Zuruggu lived, I just used a forest because hey, everything lives in forests. The pose is completely original.

Here is a picture of Snorlax I drew. I don't know where I got the idea, I guess I was just hungry. The pose isn't original, but it's from memory, so I'm sure there are quite a few differences from the original Snorlax picture I was thinking of. Snorlax is just about to order a Big Mac.

Here is Scizor in his main habitat, the grassland, requested by smashlloyd20. Don't mess with Scizor or he'll smack you silly with his lollipop.

A Typlosion I did by request. It's supposed to be roaring, and like Scizor, it lives in the grasslands.

This is an Alakazam I did by request. It's one of the very few three shade drawings I do, but I felt Alakazam needed a highlight, so I gave it one. Hopefully, it looks fine. Alakazam lives in "urban" according to the Pokedex (Really, lives in urban), so I made the background an urban city. Pretend there isn't a website name in bottom right corner of the picture; I didn't draw this background (or most of the others).

Gligar @ Evolution Stone redux.

Here is a shark I drew

and a crab

here is a burning heart I made as well!

that is all for now.
I kind of take requests; I'll draw it if I want to.

This is hilarious. Snorlax needs a BIGGER MAC.

Not sure f you take requests, but if you do can you draw me a derpy Scizor?

oh, if you're taking requests then I gotta request a derpy typhlosion
Added it to the request hide tag thingy. I'll do it tomorrow because I'm busy with other stuff today.

Thanks dude. What a derp.
Any time ^_^

Here is a Beedrill WIP at a spelling bee I've been working on for a tournament.

Still gotta add the background and color a few things, plus I might redo the right (our left) needle since the shading doesn't create the illusion of metal as much as I want it to.

Sure, I'll add Alakazam to the request thingy.
*UPDATE*

Here are some Typlosion things:

And here is smashlloyd's Beedrill:

Thanks, never heard of that book though =(
Here is alakazam

edit: Fixed Typlosion's arm, tweaked the format a bit and added an archive.

Charart? Not ChArt?

That Snorlax is totally pimpin'.

Can I request a Shubarugo? (Escavalier or something, the knight-bug-steel-armored beedrill that's slow and has Megahorn) Thanks.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
May I request a derp-fight between quagsire and Maggyo? However, if you don't take multi-poke requests, than can you draw a hoothoot? Thanks

He looks like a member of the Mafia! Thanks, charmander!
You're welcome =)

Good stuff.
Thanks (=

I love it.
(except for the backgrounds)
I agree, the backgrounds aren't the best, but I use them to differentiate myself from other artists on Smogon. It's kind a "style" I guess drawing the Pokemon and putting it on a 512x512 canvas with a nice background. Although, if it really bothers you, I'm starting to put versions of my better art in a pile of stuff without backgrounds.

Charart? Not ChArt?

That Snorlax is totally pimpin'.

Can I request a Shubarugo? (Escavalier or something, the knight-bug-steel-armored beedrill that's slow and has Megahorn) Thanks.
ChArt is kind of lolwut since I've always hated statistics, whatever. Also, this kind of sounds uber gay, but to me, the title of this thread is kind of pleasing to the eyes and attracts attention, idk. Thanks about the nice comment =)

Sure, I'll do Shubargo sometime over the weekend.

May I request a derp-fight between quagsire and Maggyo? However, if you don't take multi-poke requests, than can you draw a hoothoot? Thanks
I've just started doing digital drawings, so I tend to draw a bit big. If I find away to draw small enough to fit two Pokemon, I can definitely do the Quagsire and Maggyo thing. However, since I've never done two Pokemon requests, I'm doing to postpone that and fully master the basics first, so I'll be doing Hoothoot for now.

Wow addressing five comments at a time feels like an accomplishment P:

UPDATE***

Here is Hoothoot (easy request comes first sorry Darkamber):

Plus I was digging through my art folder and found a trace of Ken Sugimori's Caterpie with different shading and a custom background.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i think your backgrounds are an adorable compliment to your art
actually i think your art is adorable anyways

oh and requesting i can see your zuru without a background please i might make it my avatar if thats alright

Thanks for all the nice words.
Here is Zuruggu without a background

I didn't save it without a background so I had to erase it. Sorry, this is the cleanest I could get it without mauling the outline.
I learned two things:
1) Always save without a background
2) Never use paint's extremely small eraser
Darkamber I will get your request done I promise!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)