move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Focus Blast / Earthquake / SolarBeam
ability: Blaze
item: Charizardite Y
evs: 240 HP / 100 Def / 136 SpDef / 32 Spe
nature: Calm

Moves
========

In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, and as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost allows it to separate itself from Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; it also cripples common switch-ins such as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes uninvested Tyranitar and is guaranteed to 2HKO specially defensive Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran and is a lot more reliable, thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solar Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky Water-types such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solar Beam requires a turn to charge without sunlight, so be wary of other weather setters such as Tyranitar.

Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 Speed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs hit a Stealth Rock number, 132 Special Defense EVs give Charizard a jump point, and 96 Defense EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Bear in mind that this spread leaves Charizard a little vulnerable to threats it would otherwise wall more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use a Modest nature and 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of additional bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats that Flamethrower does not.

Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, as it has a great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps wear down common counters, so Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.

Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, so Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove it from play. This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set; the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solar Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves. Chansey is a very common switch-in; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion, are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky Ground-types such as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness to faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock-types. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon such as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite and Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
move 2: Roost
move 4: Focus Blast / Earthquake / Solar Beam
evs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpD / 32 Spe

Moves
========

• Fire Blast is a really strong STAB move, even without Spa investment as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus.
  • Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy, but misses out on KOs, and is noticeably weaker.
  • Roost is essential to this set as it is needed to keep it healthy.
  • Will-O-Wisp allows this set to beat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats. It also cripples common switch-ins like Latias and Dragonite.
  • Focus Blast has a chance to 2HKO SpD Heatran (guaranteed after Stealth Rock.) Focus Blast also OHKOs uninvested Tyranitar. Earthquake always 2HKOs Heatran, but misses out on Tyranitar.
  • Solar Beam is a reliable coverage move against Pokemon like Rotom-W and other bulky waters. It's worth noting that Solar Beam will require a turn to charge without sunlight. Be wary of other weather setters such as Tyranitar.

Set Details
========

• The EV spread allows it to counter top threats like Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 speed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 248 HP EVs grant a Stealth Rock number. 96 Def EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you want to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread with a Calm nature of: 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Keep note that this spread leaves you a little vulnerable to threats it otherwise walls more effectively like Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature of: 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed bulk. With this spread, Fire Blast is a good option as it grants much needed OHKOs against threats like Landorus.

Usage Tips
========

• This set counters many threats, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus. Take advantage of it.
  • This set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, for it has great offensive presence.
  • Use Will-O-Wisp often, it helps it wear down common counters. As such, Pursuit support is not mandatory.
  • It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness.

Team Options
========

• Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness. Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove hazards. This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with it. Latios and Latias are good partners in particular as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set (the former can be OHKOd by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOd by Solarbeam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves.)
  • Chansey is a very common switch-in, thus, Pokemon that can pressure it such as Bisharp, Keldeo and Terrakion are helpful.
  • This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky ground types like Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness to faster or bulkier electric and rock type Pokemon.
  • Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat opposing Latios and Latias.
  • Pokemon like Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, you should always prepare for its common checks and counters. Defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite, Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias. Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter Terrakion and Dragonite. If Slowbro has an Assault Vest, it can pivot Latias.

Last edited:
I don't think hasty / naive aegislash is common enough to change an ev spread but I doubt taking away 4 evs from the bulk will make much of a difference.
It's not all that common, but it does exist. It also happens to be a major pain for defensive teams, so it's nice to have one more check for it. Besides, like you said, the loss of 1 SpD point isn't a huge price to pay for the ability to avoid risking a speed tie against such Aegislash sets.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
should have spe evs for jolly ttar preevo (32) and enough def to take mawile pr after sr (96), and mention of a more phys def spread to beat shit like mawile and bisharp more reliably. also mention a more offensive spread, like 248 hp / 96 def / 32 spe / rest spatk modest for balanced-ish teams looking for some more firepower.

don't mention tailwind, slash flamethrower alone (this is a stall/defensive set, fire blast just has too little pp for the long-term plus the lack of accuracy hurts. i prefer focus blast as the first slash in the last slot for the stronger hit on ttar, thats personal preference tho and really minor.

u really need to emphasize hazard removal, which is a really enormous deal with this. u have to keep sr off the field, stall should be running double defog if u want this to be reliable like skarm + mew or smth, like yuttt ran skarm + gliscor (lol defog gliscor, but that's not the point), so u can defog vs all sr'ers.

should have spe evs for jolly ttar preevo (32) and enough def to take mawile pr after sr (96), and mention of a more phys def spread to beat shit like mawile and bisharp more reliably. also mention a more offensive spread, like 248 hp / 96 def / 32 spe / rest spatk modest for balanced-ish teams looking for some more firepower.

don't mention tailwind, slash flamethrower alone (this is a stall/defensive set, fire blast just has too little pp for the long-term plus the lack of accuracy hurts. i prefer focus blast as the first slash in the last slot for the stronger hit on ttar, thats personal preference tho and really minor.

u really need to emphasize hazard removal, which is a really enormous deal with this. u have to keep sr off the field, stall should be running double defog if u want this to be reliable like skarm + mew or smth, like yuttt ran skarm + gliscor (lol defog gliscor, but that's not the point), so u can defog vs all sr'ers.
Thanks. Mentioned the physically defensive spread I usually use, your offensive one, and your suggested Spe EVs since outspeeding Jolly Tyranitar for just a few Spe EVs is great. I didn't think it was necessary since Zard-Y may get OHKO'd even with a burn, but if Focus Blast is the main slash, 32 Spe EVs is the best way to go. I believe I emphasised a lot more on hazard control now, is this ok?

EDIT: Fixed EVs

Last edited:
IMO change Flamethrower to Fire Blast, or at least slash it, since Flamethrower misses on a lot of KOs

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus in Sun: 321-378 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus in Sun: 321-378 (107 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO (flamethrower is only 25% chance to kill)
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 321-378 (84 - 98.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Guaranteed after burn damage) (Flamethrower does 68.5 - 81.1%, which doesn't have a chance of OHKO-ing after Burn damage, leftovers, and rocks)

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss in Sun: 366-432 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss in Sun: 444-524 (102.7 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also with Synthesis boost in sun Flamethrower will never kill Mega Venusaur as long as it has Synthesis (Which can be extremely game changing if Venusaur poisoned you on the switch). Also Flamethrower doesn't kill off CM Clefable assuming it used CM when you Falmethrower-ed, or at least it has a very low chance of 2HKO-ing it (Factoring Leftovers)

Moves
========

• Flamethrower is a very powerful STAB move in the sunlight.
  • Roost is essential to this set as it is needed to keep it healthy.
  • Will-O-Wisp allows this set to beat Bisharp, Mega Mawile and other threats. It also cripples common switch ins like Latias and Dragonite.
  • Focus Blast grants a way to 2HKO Heatean and OHKO uninvested Tyranitar. Earthquake does the same, but misses out on Tyranitar.
  • Solarbeam is a reliable coverage move against Pokemon like Rotom-W and other bulky waters. It's worth noting that Solarbeam will require a turn to charge without sunlight. Be wary of other weather setters like Tyranitar.
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 180-212 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 180-212 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Focus blast doesn't 2HKO Heatran unless rocks, so you should mention that

Oh and I'm not QC just minor nitpicks

i agree with the above post regarding fire blast.

i'd emphasize lati@s are excellent partners to help against thundurus (mention him for a solid check) and keldeo who do well against this set and can defog. you mention them but alongside every other defogger.

other checks and counters i'd mention explicitly would include terrakion and goodra.

i feel like this is kinda short, but i trust you.

approved 1/3

i agree with the above post regarding fire blast.

i'd emphasize lati@s are excellent partners to help against thundurus (mention him for a solid check) and keldeo who do well against this set and can defog. you mention them but alongside every other defogger.

other checks and counters i'd mention explicitly would include terrakion and goodra.

i feel like this is kinda short, but i trust you.

approved 1/3

I'm confused, so I just made Fire Blast the main slash and Flamethrower the second slash. I think Fire Blast is better since it grants crucial KOs. I've always used Fire Blast on this set and I feel that OHKOing threats like Landorus is worth the lack of PP and accuracy.

Also, made Dice's changes with additional noteworthy counters, thanks for your insight.

IMO change Flamethrower to Fire Blast, or at least slash it, since Flamethrower misses on a lot of KOs

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus in Sun: 321-378 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus in Sun: 321-378 (107 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO (flamethrower is only 25% chance to kill)
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 321-378 (84 - 98.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Guaranteed after burn damage) (Flamethrower does 68.5 - 81.1%, which doesn't have a chance of OHKO-ing after Burn damage, leftovers, and rocks)

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss in Sun: 366-432 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss in Sun: 444-524 (102.7 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also with Synthesis boost in sun Flamethrower will never kill Mega Venusaur as long as it has Synthesis (Which can be extremely game changing if Venusaur poisoned you on the switch). Also Flamethrower doesn't kill off CM Clefable assuming it used CM when you Falmethrower-ed, or at least it has a very low chance of 2HKO-ing it (Factoring Leftovers)

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 180-212 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 180-212 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Focus blast doesn't 2HKO Heatran unless rocks, so you should mention that

Oh and I'm not QC just minor nitpicks
You're right about Focus Blast, but it actually has a higher chance of 2HKO'ing it as Heatran should always use 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe. Thanks.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, good analysis overall, just a few things I'd add or change:
  • One of the pros to using Flamethrower is that it has more PP. On any defensive Pokemon having a move like Fire Blast with only 8 PP can be very detrimental in certain situations, so make sure to note that.
  • In usage tips, note that using Roost liberally is never a bad thing, particularly in order to stay above 50%. Against teams with resilient Stealth Rock users it's always nice to know your Charizard is guaranteed to be able to be switched in without fainting even if you slip up.
I don't know how easy it is to fit into this analysis, but this set does receive heavy competition from the likes of Victini, Heatran, and Rotom-H, who all fulfill similar roles with varying degrees of support (arguably, Mega Charizard Y requires the most). I'd say the biggest advantages this set has over them is the largely increased survivability offered through Roost, and the much higher offensive presence than Rotom-H or Heatran. Again, since this isn't one of Charizard's "standard" sets it can't really be fit into Charizard's overview easily but some indication of its strengths in comparison these other Pokemon would be nice.

Solid analysis, let's see this written up. QC Approved 2/3

Valentine

Banned deucer.
since you're a defensive set, flamethrower's superior PP should make it the primary damage tool, so i think i prefer it in front of Fire Blast, fuck these other kiddies. Focus Blast seems bad on this type of set thanks to low PP, inability to 2hko Heatran, shaky accuracy, and you already have WoW for Ttar, which is what Focus Blast is mainly for. consider SolarBeam as the primary slash, since Fire/Grass is superb coverage. WoW or swap out on Tar. Heatran is just gunna Toxic you, and between misses and protect, i don't even think you beat it with Focus Blast rofl.

you're literally 4 EVs away from a free spdef point, which is extremely aggravating. change the spread to 240 HP / 100 Def / 136 SpDef / 32 Spe. this spread still gives you the ability to survive mawile's playrough after rocks (Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 100 Def: (42.2 - 49.8%), and grants you a free point in spdef.

once mawile gets banned, you should move some of the defense into speed to hit 120 EVs. this hits 266, outpacing Mega Tyranitar to WoW it, Jolly Breloom so you kill before it shits on you with Rock Tomb, Jolly Bisharp, and everything on stall.

3/3

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Specially Defensive
########
move 4: Focus Blast / Earthquake / Solarbeam
Moves
========
In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost, also allows it to separate itself with Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H, and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; It also cripples common switch-ins likesuch as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes uninvested Tyranitar, and is guaranteed to 2HKO SpD Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran, and is a lot more reliable thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against other Pokemon, such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solarb Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky wWater-types, such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solarb Beam will require a turn to charge without sunlight; be wary of other weather setters, such as Tyranitar.
Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 sSpeed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs grant a Stealth Rock number, 132 SpD EVs grantsive Charizard a jump point, and 96 Def EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread with a Calm nature of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. KeepBear in mind that this spread leaves you a little vulnerable to threats it otherwise walls more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature of 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats.
Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus; Ttake advantage of ithat. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, foras it has great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps it wear down common counters. As such, Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.
Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness; Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove hazards. This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set (the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solarb Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves.). Chansey is a very common switch-in,; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky gGround -types likesuch as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness againsto faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock -type Pokemons. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon likesuch as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; Defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite, Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground Pokemon-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

GP 1/2

Last edited:
hi
Specially Defensive
########
move 4: Focus Blast / Earthquake / Solarbeam
Moves
========
In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost, also allows it to separate itself with Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H, and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; It also cripples common switch-ins likesuch as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes uninvested Tyranitar, and is guaranteed to 2HKO SpD Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran, and is a lot more reliable thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against other Pokemon, such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solarb Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky wWater-types, such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solarb Beam will require a turn to charge without sunlight; be wary of other weather setters, such as Tyranitar.
Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 sSpeed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs grant a Stealth Rock number, 132 SpD EVs grantsive Charizard a jump point, and 96 Def EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread with a Calm nature of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. KeepBear in mind that this spread leaves you a little vulnerable to threats it otherwise walls more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature of 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats.
Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus; Ttake advantage of ithat. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, foras it has great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps it wear down common counters. As such, Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.
Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness; Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove hazards. This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set (the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solarb Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves.). Chansey is a very common switch-in,; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky gGround -types likesuch as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness againsto faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock -type Pokemons. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon likesuch as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; Defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite, Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground Pokemon-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

GP 1/2
Thanks for the GP check, I noticed that a lot of the things you changed were from an earlier version of this analysis though. Implemented

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Specially Defensive
########

Moves
========

In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, and as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost, also allows it to separate itself with Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H, and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; It it also cripples common switch-ins such as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes an uninvested Tyranitar, and is guaranteed to 2HKO SpD Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran, and is a lot more reliable thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against other Pokemon, such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solar Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky Water-types, such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solar Beam will require a turn to charge without sunlight; be wary of other weather setters, such as Tyranitar.
Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 Speed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs grant a Stealth Rock number, 132 SpD Special Defense EVs give Charizard a jump point, and 96 Def Defense EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Bear in mind that this spread leaves you a little vulnerable to threats it otherwise walls more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature of 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats.
Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus.; take advantage of that. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, as it has great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps it wear down common counters. As such, Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.
Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness; Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove hazards. This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set (the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solar Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves.). Chansey is a very common switch-in; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky Ground-types such as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness to faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock -types. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon such as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; Defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite, Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

My first AMcheck, wish me luck!

Electric- and Rock space-types.
The means to remove the space kek.

Last edited:

Ender

pelagic
is a Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2

I included changes in the above amcheck, so you don't have to implement that by itself unless you feel like doing unnecessary work.

Specially Defensive
########

Moves
========

In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, and as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost [removed ,] also allows it to separate itself from with Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H [removed ,] and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; it also cripples common switch-ins such as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes uninvested Tyranitar [removed ,] and is guaranteed to 2HKO specially defensive SpD Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran [removed ,] and is a lot more reliable, [comma] thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against other Pokemon [removed ,] such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solar Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky Water-types [removed ,] such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solar Beam will requires a turn to charge without sunlight, [; to ,] so be wary of other weather setters [removed ,] such as Tyranitar.
[space]
Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 Speed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs grant hit a Stealth Rock number, 132 SpD Special Defense EVs give Charizard a jump point, and 96 Defense EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Bear in mind that this spread leaves Charizard you a little vulnerable to threats it would otherwise wall more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature and of 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed additional bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats that Flamethrower does not.
[space]
Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus; take advantage of that. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, as it has a great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps it wear down common counters, [. to ,] so As such, [removed ,] Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.
[space]
Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness to Stealth Rock, [; to ,] so Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove it from play hazards. [I know the previous change seemed a bit strange, but it was necessary for the sentence construct to work properly] This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set; [changed ( to ;] the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solar Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves [removed . and ) ]. Chansey is a very common switch-in; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion, [comma] are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky Ground-types such as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness to faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock[remove space here]-types. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon such as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite [removed ,] and Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

Last edited:
Specially Defensive
########

Moves
========

In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, and as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost, also allows it to separate itself with Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H, and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; It it also cripples common switch-ins such as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes an uninvested Tyranitar, and is guaranteed to 2HKO SpD Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran, and is a lot more reliable thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against other Pokemon, such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solar Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky Water-types, such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solar Beam will require a turn to charge without sunlight; be wary of other weather setters, such as Tyranitar.
Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 Speed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs grant a Stealth Rock number, 132 SpD Special Defense EVs give Charizard a jump point, and 96 Def Defense EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Bear in mind that this spread leaves you a little vulnerable to threats it otherwise walls more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature of 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats.
Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus.; take advantage of that. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, as it has great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps it wear down common counters. As such, Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.
Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness; Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove hazards. This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set (the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solar Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves.). Chansey is a very common switch-in; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky Ground-types such as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness to faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock -types. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon such as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; Defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite, Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

My first AMcheck, wish me luck!

The means to remove the space kek.
GP 2/2

I included changes in the above amcheck, so you don't have to implement that by itself unless you feel like doing unnecessary work.

Specially Defensive
########

Moves
========

In the sun, Fire Blast is very powerful, even without Special Attack investment, as it is able to OHKO threats such as Landorus and Thundurus. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, as it has more PP and accuracy; however, Flamethrower is noticeably weaker than Fire Blast, and as a result, it misses out on crucial KOs. Charizard's access to instant recovery in Roost [removed ,] also allows it to separate itself from with Pokemon that have similar roles, such as Victini and Rotom-H [removed ,] and is essential to this set, as it is needed to keep Charizard healthy to defeat threats such as Mega Mawile. Will-O-Wisp allows Charizard to defeat Bisharp, Mega Mawile, and other threats; it also cripples common switch-ins such as Latias and Dragonite. Focus Blast OHKOes uninvested Tyranitar [removed ,] and is guaranteed to 2HKO specially defensive SpD Heatran after Stealth Rock. Earthquake always 2HKOes Heatran [removed ,] and is a lot more reliable, [comma] thanks to its superior PP and accuracy, but without any Attack investment, Earthquake is not an effective coverage move against other Pokemon [removed ,] such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior. Solar Beam is a reliable coverage move against bulky Water-types [removed ,] such as Rotom-W. It's worth noting that Solar Beam will requires a turn to charge without sunlight, [; to ,] so be wary of other weather setters [removed ,] such as Tyranitar.
[space]
Set Details
========
The EV spread allows it to counter top threats such as Landorus and Mawile reliably. 32 Speed EVs are used to get the jump on Jolly Tyranitar. 240 HP EVs grant hit a Stealth Rock number, 132 SpD Special Defense EVs give Charizard a jump point, and 96 Defense EVs are used to survive an unboosted Mega Mawile's Play Rough after Stealth Rock. If you wish to counter Bisharp and other physical attackers more reliably, you may opt to use a more physically defensive EV spread of 248 HP / 152 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe with a Calm nature to survive Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Bear in mind that this spread leaves Charizard you a little vulnerable to threats it would otherwise wall more effectively, such as Greninja and Landorus. If you desire more offensive presence, you may use an EV spread with a Modest nature and of 248 HP / 96 Def / 132 SpA / 32 Spe for more firepower at the cost of much needed additional bulk; Fire Blast is a good option with this spread, as it grants crucial OHKOs against many threats that Flamethrower does not.
[space]
Usage Tips
========
This set counters many Pokemon, most notably Mega Mawile and Landorus; take advantage of that. It's also worth noting that this set shouldn't just be used for walling purposes, as it has a great offensive presence. Use Will-O-Wisp often, as it helps it wear down common counters, [. to ,] so As such, [removed ,] Pursuit support is not mandatory. It's recommended to use Roost liberally to keep Charizard's HP above 50%, as Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness and must be able to check threats reliably throughout a battle.
[space]
Team Options
========
Charizard has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness to Stealth Rock, [; to ,] so Skarmory, Mew, Latias, Latios, Zapdos, and Excadrill are appreciated for their ability to remove it from play hazards. [I know the previous change seemed a bit strange, but it was necessary for the sentence construct to work properly] This set is meant to last, so it's recommended to use two solid hazard removers together with Charizard. Latios and Latias are good partners, in particular, as Thundurus and Keldeo can check this set; [changed ( to ;] the former can be OHKOed by Fire Blast, while the latter can be OHKOed by Solar Beam, so they aren't very reliable checks if you have these moves [removed . and ) ]. Chansey is a very common switch-in; as such, Pokemon that can pressure Chansey, such as Bisharp, Keldeo, and Terrakion, [comma] are helpful. This set needs teammates that can cover its weaknesses and provide support. Bulky Ground-types such as Gliscor and Hippowdon may assist it in covering its weakness to faster or bulkier Electric- and Rock[remove space here]-types. Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Scizor help defeat common switch-ins such as Latios and Latias. Pokemon such as Goodra, Roost Dragonite, Latias, Terrakion, and others give this set a major headache, but all of them detest Will-O-Wisp. Despite this, Charizard should always prepare for its common checks and counters; defensive Tyranitar can check Dragonite [removed ,] and Goodra, and may even use Pursuit for Latias; Slowbro, Alomomola, and bulky Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon can counter threats such as Terrakion and Dragonite.

Thanks a lot for checking! UCN it was a really good check and helped a lot, thanks! I implemented these changes. Also, congratulations Ender!

This is now ready for upload.

With Mega Mawile gone, surely the EV spread should be changed to that suggested by Valentine, with 120 Spe to catch Jolly Breloom and Bisharp with Fire Blast. I assume the 12 leftover EVs will stay in Def?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)