Charmander vs. Rickheg

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Junkyard? A JUNKYARD of all places to be in for a battle, someone has to pick a stupid old junkyard. Ugh. This is really frustrating for me, because I can't even find the trainers... oh wait nevermind. I just found some guy dressed up in a Charmander suit, that must be them. The rules for the battle were sent to me eariler, they are

2-vs-2 Singles
DQ Time; 3 Days
0 recoveries, 5 chills
All abilities.
switch = ko
no items

Might as well throw the arena up here,

Arena; A junkyard.

There's all sorts of scrap metal lying around. Very strong attacks could knock the opponent into the sharp metal sticking out, causing bleeding (bleeding causes an extra 1 energy to be used per action, and a possibility that normal poison can become toxic poison) There are also appliances lying around, as well as most everything made of metal.
So yeah, now that everyone knows the arena, lets get on to the teams. Both trainers gave me letters with their pokemon choices inside. Lets open them up and see what they brought to the table.

Charmander's Team

Machoke [Mac] (M)

Nature: Adamant

Type:

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 45

EC: 6/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:

Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. As a result it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefited by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.

Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:

Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Low Sweep
Foresight
Seismic Toss
Revenge
Vital Throw
DynamicPunch

Counter
Encore
Ice Punch

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Low Sweep

Syclant [Frostbite] (M)

Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +20% Accuracy)

Type:

Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 140 (121*1.15^)

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:

Leer
Leech Life
Scratch
Focus Energy
Ice Shard
Slash
Icy Wind
Bug Bite
Icicle Spear
Ice Punch
Sheer Cold
Bug Buzz
X-Scissor

Blizzard
Hidden Power [Fire] (7)
Taunt
Substitute

Tail Glow
Counter
Earth Power

Spiritomb [Delicious] (F)

Nature: Quiet

Type:

Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 30 (-)

DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Pressure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Infiltrator (DW): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Attacks:

Curse
Pursuit
Confuse Ray
Spite
Shadow Sneak
Faint Attack
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Ominous Wind
Nasty Plot

Pain Split
Destiny Bond
Imprison

Hidden Power [Fighting] (7)
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Rickheg's Team

Whimsicott (Levi) (M)
Nature: Modest (Adds to Special Attack; Subtracts from Attack)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilties:
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll: (Innate)(Dream World Locked) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 116

EC: 6/6
MC: 4
DC: 2/5

Absorb
Growth
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Cotton Spore
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder
Encore
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Worry Seed
GrassWhistle
Encore

Protect
Substitute
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire (7)

Tirtouga [Atlantis] (Male)
Nature: Brave (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.
Type: Water/Rock
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Solid Rock
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).

Ability 2: Sturdy
This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.

Ability 3: Swift Swim (DW)
The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 19(-)

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Bide
Withdraw
Water Gun
Rollout
Bite
Protect
Aqua Jet
AncientPower
Crunch
Wide Guard

Body Slam
Flail
Iron Defense

Toxic
Dig
Waterfall

Rotom [Plasma Moto] (genderless)
Nature: Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)
Type: Electric/Ghost
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Levitate
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 91

EC: n/a
DC: n/a

Attacks:
Trick
Astonish
Thunder Wave
Thundershock
Conuse Ray
Uproar
Double Team
Shock Wave
Hex
Charge
Discharge

Light Screen
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp

The drill goes as follows, Rickheg will send out his pokemon, followed by Charmander sending out his pokemon and actions, Rickheg will choose actions, then I will ref.

Okay, let's get creative! Plasma Moto, your first battle is gonna be a doozy. Start by hiding from the Confuse Ray behind the oven, so you don't see the ray. Then enter the oven, becoming Plasma Moto the Rotom-H. Use your last action on Light Screen. If entering the oven does not consume an action, then Light Screen will be my second action, and use Discharge for the third action, still as Rotom-H.

Here are the stats for Rotom-H;

Rotom-A (all forms)
Atk: Rank 2(-)
SpA: Rank 5(+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 86

Rotom gains Overheat while as Rotom-H

Hp:90
Energy:100

Vs.​

Energy:100​

Round 1: Flashy Junk​
Welcome to the battle of the Junk, it looks as if both trainers sent out Ghostly pokemon to begin this battle, lets see how well they manage to do today. We start out with the faster Rotom who begins the match off with Retreating behind a Oven, what a wimp! Spiritomb who uses a Confuse Ray is blocked by the Oven. Rotom seems to have fallen in love with the Oven for protecting it because he merges together with that same oven to become Rotom-H. Spiritomb doesn't seem very scared by this new forme and Launches a powerful Shadow Ball at Rotom, inflicting Super effective damage. Finally Rotom H sets up a Light screen to try and weaken those Shadow balls. Which was just in time too because Spiritomb fires off a second Shadow Ball

Energy:81

Vs.​

Hp:74
Energy:77
Light Screen for 5 actions​

Rotom hides behind Oven 5 energy
Spiritomb fires Confuse ray into Oven 5 energy

Rotom becomes Rotom-H 10 energy
Spiritomb uses Shadow ball 11 damage, 5 energy

Rotom uses lightscreen 5 energy
Spiritomb uses Shadowball 5 damage, 5 energy

It takes an action to enter an appliance :/
Data Audit Thread said:
Rotom can be caught just like any other Pokemon, however its appliance forms are more difficult to access. The arena must be a junkyard or some similar space where such appliances can be found, and then Rotom can possess those appliances. Once Rotom has an appliance form it may discard it at any time and move to another appliance (if it is available) or to no appliance. Phasing into or out of an appliance in battle takes up an action.
I used Shadow Ball twice in a row, so I should only have 81 Energy. He didn't use Light Screen because entering the oven takes up an action, so he should only have 56 HP.

edit: oh sorry I read his actions wrong ;_; my bad

Okay Plasma, we've got catching up to do. Start with Thunder Wave, then follow up with Hex, the paralysis will double the power of Hex. Then finish up with a Shadow Ball of your own.

Sorry, didn't notice you had posted!

Okay Spiritomb, here's what we're going to do.

Imprison ~ Sucker Punch ~ Sucker Punch

If for whatever reason Sucker Punch won't work on Shadow Ball since it's Imprisoned (although in-game it would work so it should), use Shadow Ball instead.

IF you are fully paralyzed, THEN push all actions back 1.

edit: Sorry. Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Ball, and Confuse Ray

Charmander, I don't know if you need to or not. but I think you have to list the three moves your locking with Imprison because

Imprison: The Pokemon binds itself mentally to the opponent momentarily, sealing off three moves shared between the two Pokemon for six (6) actions. The opponent may not use those sealed moves; however, the user of Imprison can.
Shadow Ball is assumed because you've said that in your actions.

Energy:81

Vs.​

Hp:74
Energy:77
Light Screen for 5 actions​
Round 2
Inprisoning Shadows​
The Round begins with Rotom Thunder-waving Spiritomb, causing him to slow down even more than before, but he charges Rotom and the two connect, it's Spiritomb's Imprison which means Rotom won't be able to use the moves Will-o-wisp, Shadowball, or Confuse Ray. Spiritomb looks to be a little weak after that Imprison though, and Rotom takes advantage of that to powerup for a Hex, but before that happens Spiritomb smacks him with a Sucker Punch that looked painful for both sides of the coin. Rotom powers up for a Shadow Ball, and gets once again, smacks by a Sucker Punch man is Spiritomb playing dirty or what and because of Imprison the move fails!​

Hp:78
Energy:59
Paralyzed 20%
Vs.​

Hp:52
Energy:58
Light Screen for 2 actions
Locked out of WoW, Shadowball, and Confuse Ray for 4 actions​

Ok I hate to be an asshole but there are a few things I would like to address...

[8 + 3 + ((3-4)*1.5)]*1.5
[11 - 1.5]*1.5
9.5*1.5
14.25 ~ 14

Two Sucker Punches does 28 damage, so he should have 48 health, not 52. Also, Shadow Ball should have failed, so the only thing he attacked me with is hex.

10 + 3 + ((5-4)*1.5)
13 + 1.5
14.5 ~ 15

90 - 15 is 75, so I should have 75 HP, not 68.

Anyway, great job!

Hypnosis ~ Faint Attack ~ Shadow Ball
IF he doesn't use Double Team action 1 AND uses Hex action 2 THEN use Sucker Punch instead of Faint Attack

edit: Also 8 + 5 + 9 = 22, so I should have 59 energy.

You're not being an asshole at all, I don't know how I messed up on the damage of Sucker Punch. I'll change that, and I'll add back your health.

Edit: Btw, Rotom isn't super effective against Sucker Punch dude, which I believe you added in your Calcs, He's a Fire/Eletric. So I might have been right. But I'll be happy to run them again, They changed his typing 5gen, because I looked on Veekun, but you are correct about your health, for you're Veekun viewing Pleasure http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/rotom?form=heat

Sorry Guys

Okay, this isn't going as well as I hoped... you'd think discarding your weakness to his STAB would put you in a better spot than this. Oh well, matches aren't won by feeling sorry for ourselves!

Plasma, start with a Double Team (3 Clones) so Hypnosis hopefully misses. Then, Hex Spiritomb again, we need to build up the damage. Finish up with a Discharge, and let's see where that leaves us.

Hp:78
Energy:59
Paralyzed 20%
Vs.​

Hp:52
Energy:58
Light Screen for 2 actions
Locked out of WoW, Shadowball, and Confuse Ray for 4 actions​

Round 3
Never enough Ghostin around​
Hey guys, welcome back. after some disputes about a few things we've come back for the next round. Ofcourse, Rotom with the speed lead, will be moving first, and it looks like he decides to take advantage of that speed and use a Double Team which creates 3 clones, leaving 4 of them on the field, this isn't good for Spiritomb as he tries to Hypnotize Rotom, it misses and hits a clone though. Leaving 3 Rotoms left! Spiritomb throws a nice Sucker Punch and Rotom before he can use his Hex, Rotom is still determed though and Discharges a wave of eletrical energy at Spiritomb, and with that and his prior paralzation he is unable to move. What a shame.​

Hp:53
Energy:47
Paralyzed 15%
Vs.​

Hp:41
Energy:34
Locked out of WoW, Shadowball, and Confuse Ray for 1 actions​

Rick, your up​

As always, feel free to address any concerns of yours.​

Okay, so on my second action I'll be able to use thos moves again, right? Okay, Plasma, start with Hex to keep up the assault and wear out the imprisonment. Then, fire a Confuse Ray, let's see if we can't make him hurt himself. Then finish up with another Discharge, using STAB will help maintain our energy a bit longer.

Hp:53
Energy:47
Paralyzed 15%
Vs.​

Hp:41
Energy:34
Locked out of WoW, Shadowball, and Confuse Ray for 1 actions​

Round 4
Here we go guys, another ghosty round! Rotom kicks stuff off with a signature Hex attack, which has seemed to do it a lot of good this game against Spiritomb, who throws a confuse ray his way for a 2 turn confusion effect. Rotom hits himself in confusion for no damage though, and snaps out of it a turn early. Spiritomb must really want to get a status effect up on Rotom because he shoots some nasty Toxic its way which Badly Poisons the poor fellow, what a shame. Rotom Discharges a lot of powerful Eletrical waves at Spiritomb and Spiritomb returns fire with a ball of shadows.​

Hp:28
Energy:30
Paralyzed 10%
Vs.​

Hp:27
Energy:22
Toxic'd 2DPA​

4 (base power) + ((2-4)*1.5) [-3] = 1
so confusion should have done 1 damage. Also, due to the scratch damage principle, all moves have to do damage so even if it would do 0, it does 1.

Also Shadow Ball does 11 damage. No stat difference + 3 STAB + 8 Base Power. 2 damage from Toxic is a total of 14 damage, so if I'm not mistaken, Rotom should have 27 HP.

Also, I don't know how you got 24 HP, but 12 + 13 is 25, and 53 - 25 = 28 HP, not 24. You forgot to subtract energy from Spiritomb, should have 47 - 5 - 7 - 5 = 30 energy.

Other than that, great job!

Ominous Wind ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Sneak

Finish it!

Sorry Charmander, I really rushed through this and I actualyl didn't know about the damage principle, so thanks for that, I like to learn everything lol

We got this, Plasma. We really need the KO here, so let's make sure we do it right! Start with Confuse Ray, odds are he will hurt himself once, which is all we need. Then, launch your two most powerful attacks, Discharge, and finish up big with Overheat!!

Hp:28
Energy:30
Paralyzed 10%
Vs.​

Hp:27
Energy:22
Toxic'd 2DPA
Round like 5 or something I think, Idrr​
Looks like both pokemon are about done here guys. The ghosty battle is about to conclude. Rotom starts off with a Bright flash of Confuse Ray and I think Spiritomb is seeing stars! Spiritomb looks like he still manages to kick up a really creepy Ominous Wind. Rotom decides to fire off a powerful wave of eletrical Discharge, while Spiritomb fires off yet another Shadowball. Spiritomb ends the fight with a Shadow Sneak from behind, that combine with the Toxic damage from previous rounds has put Rotom down and out.

Hp:15
Energy:19
Paralyzed 5%
Confused for 1 more turn
Vs.​

Hp:0
Energy:0
Toxic'd 2DPA​

I think I've lost this match...if I had paid closer attention to his orders (read: shadow sneak) I might have done it differently...too late now though :(...but we're gonna go down fighting! Let's do this, Atlantis the Tirtouga!

Hit him hard, and hit him good! Start with Waterfall, then launch yourself with Aqua Jet, that aughta finish Spiritomb. If not, then use another Waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)