> -Charmander- wins! < 1v1 -Charmander- vs darthvader317 (darthvader317 incarcerated)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Cartoons!, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    This here's now a 1v1

    Charmander starts by sending out his Pokemon.
    darthvader follows sending out his Pokemon with orders.
    Charmander orders.

    Les'go!
  2. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    Sending out Breeze the Misdreavus! Let's do this ;D.
  3. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    Go Vapes the Eevee (f)!

    Begin with Shadow Ball, then Sand Attack, then another Shadow Ball.
  4. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    Oh no, looks like we have the lower matchup. Let's try Confuse Ray first, then hit it with a strong Thunderbolt! Finish off with Will-O-Wisp!
  5. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    In an old abandoned mansion, trainer/teen detective -Charmander- stands over the tied up 'Nightfear Neckbreaker'. Pulling off the monster's mask reveals it to be...*jinkies!* darthvader317!
    "The police are on their way to claim you, darth." says the prodigious sleuth.
    "I'll get away with it yet!" exclaims darth as he shakes a Pokeball loose from one of his costume's many folds. "Go Vapes!"

    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    *Eevee [Vapes] (Female)
    Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack reduced by *)

    Type: Normal
    Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

    Stats:
    HP: 90
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    EC:0/6
    MC:0
    DC:0/5

    Abilities:
    Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
    Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type deal two (2) more damage.
    Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has great knowledge of the field and can always remain close to an earthbound foe no matter where it runs, flying opponents and levitating Pokemon are unaffected.

    Attacks:
    Tackle*
    Tail Whip*
    Helping Hand*
    Sand-Attack*
    Growl*
    Quick Attack*
    Detect*
    Wish*
    Yawn*
    Hidden Power [7 Electric]*
    Dig*
    Shadow Ball*


    "You won't get away that easily, you crook. Go get 'em Breeze!"

    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Misdreavus [Breeze] (F)

    Nature:
    Modest

    Type:
    Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

    Stats:

    HP: 100
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    EC: 0/6
    MC: 0
    DC: 0/5

    Abilities:
    Levitate: This Pokémon is immune to Ground-type moves, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Arena Trap.


    Attacks:
    Growl
    Psywave
    Spite
    Astonish
    Confuse Ray
    Mean Look
    Evil Eye
    Nasty Plot
    Destiny Bond
    Shadow Sneak
    Will-o-Wisp
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball


    The Misdreavus drifts in front of large window, moonlight falling into the otherwise dimly lit vestibule. Most of the other window curtains are drawn.
    The Eevee stands ready, unaware of a large chandelier looming overhead, held up by a few rusty chains. Rumor had it that the mansion was haunted, but Charmander's nabbing of the 'Nightfear Neckbreaker' proves the myth unfounded...right?

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 90 Energy: 100%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Ready to defend her master, even if he is a crook.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 100 Energy: 100%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Lit up by the moon.

    The battle begins with little Vapes drawing from the considerable shadows of her environment forming a little ball that seems to repel the light coming in from the window. Before she can do anything, though, the moonbeam brightens considerably as Breeze casts a bright Confuse Ray, disorienting Vapes, causing her to lose her concentration and throw herself to the floor.

    Pleased at her success, the ghost begins to flicker, along with some of the ancient electrical appliances in the room. Before Vapes can get out of the way, she's struck by a powerful Thunderbolt. Picking herself up, Vapes tries to focus on her orders...what did he say again? stand erect?...send direct?...Sand Attack! Shaking off the last of the confusion, Vapes throws years of layers of dust at Breeze. Squinting and sneezing, her accuracy has been lowered.

    Trying to make out the small furry form of her opponent in the dark, Breeze summons the small bluish Will 'o Wisp which begins drifting its way towards...darthvader! oops. The incapacitated trainer begins to yell as he desperately tries to escape the flame when loyal Vapes jumps in its path, taking the burn for her master. Resisting the urge to lick her singed fur, the Eevee fires a Shadowball at his assailant, this time hitting the target true. Looking back at her teary-eyed friend as if to say 'think nothing of it', she leaps off awaiting her next command.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 74 Energy: 91%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 88 Energy: 83%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Accuracy (-1) 'til end of next round.

    Charmader goes first.
  6. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    The Will-O-Wisp part made me sad ;_; but shouldn't Eevee still be confused

    Okay Breeze, let's hit it hard with another Thunderbolt! Then, get inside one of the walls and use Nasty Plot with the wall protecting you. Finally, let's shoot out another Thunderbolt!
  7. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    Okay Vapes, start the round with Hidden Power Electric, then fire off a Shadow Ball where you last see Breeze. Hopefully the Ghost-type attack will either go through the wall or at least bust it up. Finally Detect the incoming Thunderbolt.
  8. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 88 Energy: 83%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Accuracy (-1) 'til end of next round.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 74 Energy: 91%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt.

    A loud *CRACK* is heard and a quick flash is seen outside as the windows are suddenly pelted with heavy raindrops. Inside, Breeze herself is crackling with electricity as she fires off another tremendous Thunderbolt. Vapes, unable to dodge the lightning quick attack, twitches, but remains standing as she unleashes her Hidden Power, using some of the energy she was struck with to juice up her own Electric attack.

    Still sparkling, Breeze withdraws behind a wall where she begins to Nastily Plot the kind of things she could do to her Eevee rival on the other side. Distracted by her own thoughts, she doesn't notice a pair of sinister eyes watching her from the shadows. Vapes, meanwhile targets another Shadowball at the spot where Breeze had disappeared to. Being made of the same properties as the ghost herself, most of the shadows do manage to seep through, though some get directed off course.

    Powered up and feeling especially mean, Breeze rushes back into sight screeching as she fires off another mighty Thunderbolt, this one bright enough to light up the whole room. Vapes had anticipated this, however, and locked every muscle into place until the last moment, Detecting where and when the bolt would strike and dashed out of the way, barely having to think about it.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 71 Energy: 62%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+1)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Special Attack (+1) 'til end of next round. Being followed...

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 57 Energy: 68%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Concentrating.

    Darthvader commands.
  9. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    Start the round with another Shadow Ball. Then try to get behind something and make a Wish. Finish with yet another Shadow Ball.
  10. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    Oh no. Let's do Confuse Ray > Thunderbolt > Psywave.
  11. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 57 Energy: 68%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Concentrating.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 71 Energy: 62%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+1)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Special Attack (+1) 'til end of next round. Being followed...

    Breeze wastes no time, sensing the urgency of her trainers' commands. The Confuse Ray brightens the whole room. Breeze, dazzling in the light, has again attracted the attention of the something from behind the wall. Still seeing lights, Vapes tries to remember the order of her orders...was she supposed to...get behind something? Right. Right? She runs into a table leg knocking a small vase down on her.

    Still thinking nasty thoughts, Breeze smirks at the sight before striking the poor Eevee with another Thunderbolt. The sparkling display is too much for the creature behind the wall, he makes his move! To the shock of everyone, a Haunter appears, making advances and Attracting a very flattered Breeze. Still somewhat in a daze, Vapes sees the courting ghost Pokemon and Wishes a man would pay attention to her like that someday...

    Breeze, herself distracted, swoons over her wispy wooer. The Haunter has never seen anything more beautiful. He sighs over her waving hair, the pale moonlight softens her features further. For her part, Breeze looses herself in the jagged valleys between his head spikes...which are..rather floppy, actually. No matter, with a winning smile like...hm...he...seems to be missing a few teeth... Hey! This Haunter isn't very attractive at all! The realization comes too late as she is hit by another Shadowball by Vapes who shakes off the last of the confusion.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 35 Energy: 45%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Just a little envious. Has a Wish coming true at the end of next round.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 59 Energy: 51%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Ashamed that she's been had, but still flattered. The homely Haunter still following her around.

    Charmader's turn
  12. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    Ugh stupid Haunter. Well anyway, Breeze, it looks like you have this. Let's do some Confuse Ray > Nasty Plot > Thunderbolt.
  13. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    It's alright Vapes, we just gotta last till that Wish comes in to keep going. Use Hidden Power, then fire off another Shadow Ball. Use Detect avoid the incoming Thunderbolt and collect that wish.
  14. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 59 Energy: 51%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Ashamed that she's been had, but still flattered. The homely Haunter still following her around.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 35 Energy: 45%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Just a little envious. Has a Wish coming true at the end of next round.


    Shooting the Haunter a warning look, Breeze then turns to fix her attention on little Vapes, her Confuse Ray taking its bewildering effect once again. The Eevee, obviously struggling to make heads or tails of herself manages to unleash another electrically charged Hidden Power.

    Using her would be boyfriend as fuel, Nasty Plots begin coursing through Breeze's brain. Vapes takes a hint that the ghostess means her harm and decides to oblige her by running headfirst into a grandfather clock. At that moment, the bell strikes midnight and -Charmander- wonders what could be taking the cops so long. The bell's healing sound brings Vapes back to her senses.

    Not too soon, either, as she regains her composure just in time to Detect and avoid Breeze's incoming Thunderbolt! At that very moment, some stardust shoots through the window, leaving the glass intact. It momentarily takes the form of a handsome Flareon, leaving Vapes with an affectionate kiss on the forehead before disappearing.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 52 Energy: 33%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+1)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Special Attack (+1) 'til end of next round. Wishes she could Wish.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 46 Energy: 29%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Starry-eyed.

    Darthvader goes next.
  15. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    All out attack time Vapes. Shadow Ball, then Hidden Power, then Shadow Ball!
  16. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    (note that while this battle has been going on, Breeze got HP Fighting from another battle)

    We'll use Hidden Power First. Then, Nasty Plot again and go with Hidden Power. If at any time he decides to switch to detect, replace that action with a Nasty Plot.
    Sorry didn't know that

    Well then Thunderbolt > Nasty Plot > Thunderbolt =)
  17. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 46 Energy: 29%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Starry-eyed.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 52 Energy: 33%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+1)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 85

    Status: Special Attack (+1) 'til end of next round. Wishes she could Wish.


    "We throw down the gauntlet now!" yells darthvader as he manages to wriggle a pocketknife out of his sock. Another flash of lightning accentuates the blackness of Vapes' Shadowball against the brightness of Breeze's Thunderbolt. They hit each other simultaneously, reeling less than usual from the now regular attacks. The Haunter realizes his lady is in trouble and looks for a means to help her. He glances up and...the chandelier!

    Breeze begins her Nasty Plot again, her mind buzzing with devious thoughts, building upon her previous ones. Vapes on the other hand keeps her mind pure in order to access and unleash her Hidden Power.

    The little Eevee likes to play with electricity, huh? The idea of every cell of Vapes' body surging and burning with lightning fuels Breeze's mighty Thunderbolt. The tremendous zap sends Vapes flying. Managing to land on her feet, though severely injured, she fires another Shadowball at her attacker. The shadows manage to seep further into Breeze's being than usual, lowering her Special defense by one (1) stage.

    Haunter pulls out a hacksaw.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 11 Energy: 11%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Worn, weary, but still alert.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 21 Energy: 12%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+2)
    SpD: ***(-1)
    Spe: 85

    Status: Special Attack (+2) 'til end of next round. Special Defense (-1) 'til end of next round. Feeling more cruel than her energy level can afford.

    Charmander's turn.
  18. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    Cmon Breeze, let's finish this once and for all! Let's use Thunderbolt! Then, chill out a little, and repeat with Thunderbolt!
    Thunderbolt > Chill > Thunderbolt
    BUT: If he uses Detect on the first Thunderbolt, Chill instead and do a Thunderbolt in place of the planned chill. So it'll go:
    Chill > Thunderbolt > Thunderbolt
  19. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    You did your best Vapes. Let's down down fighting with a final Shadow Ball. If you're still up after the initial attack chill then use Shadow Ball.
  20. Cartoons!

    Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1,055
    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 21 Energy: 12%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+2)
    SpD: ***(-1)
    Spe: 85

    Status: Special Attack (+2) 'til end of next round. Special Defense (-1) 'til end of next round. Feeling more cruel than her energy level can afford.

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 11 Energy: 11%
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Burnt. Worn, weary, but still alert.


    Both Pokemon on the verge of collapse, they make their final moves, hoping to finish the battle. One fights for justice, the other is moved by loyalty. Breeze makes her move first, firing an especially vicious Thunderbolt. The jolt is too much for Vapes' weak frame to take, and she collapses to the dusty floor.

    [​IMG]
    Breeze (F)
    HP: 21 Energy: 5%
    Atk: ** (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: **** (+)(+2)
    SpD: ***(-1)
    Spe: 85

    Status: Victorious

    [​IMG]
    Vapes (F)
    HP: 0 Energy: --
    Atk: *(-)
    Def: **
    SpA: ***(+)
    SpD: ***
    Spe: 55

    Status: Defeated

    Congratulations -Charma...hey! how did darth get free? As the crook makes for the door, our philandering phantom phriend, Haunter, has just finished sawing through the chandelier chains, bringing it down on him with a resounding *CRASH*. Haunter was aiming for the Eevee, but getting its master was just as good, sure...

    The cops pull up to the mansion to take him away and -Charmander- is rewarded with:
    +1 Trainer Counter
    +1EC/+1MC/+1DC for Breeze
    +1KO Counter


    Five to ten years later, darthvader317 is released, reformed, with a pocket full of dreams and:
    +1 Trainer Counter
    +1EC/+1MC/+1DC for Vapes

    I get +1 Ref Counter

    Good match to the both of you. Neither of you could make use of your STABs so it was interesting to see the roundabout ways you attempted to deal.
  21. DarthVader317

    DarthVader317

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    525
    Good match -Charmander-, and thanks for reffing Cartoons!. It's too bad neither of us tried to use the Haunter after it's first appeared, but I wasn't able to think of something that would haved worked.
  22. Charmander

    Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,821
    Yeah, I agree, I was a bit worried in the beginning since you had Shadow Ball and all I had was Thunderbolt, but it looks like Breeze managed to pull through. Thanks a lot for reffing Cartoons, you're probably my favorite ref in CAP ASB (good flavor text, quick responces, etc.); keep it up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)