Chesnaught (QC 0/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm, I know I kinda invented this mon and all but I've nto really worked out what I'd use as standard since all my teams with it are outdated. I definitely wouldn't use synthesis, though, so definitely remove that.

The biggest issue with Chesnaught is that it faces competition with Ferrothorn, so you really need to use it for the niches it has. Webs is obviously the biggest advantage and it'll probably just be cleaner overall to split the defensive set from a webs one because there's going to be some key naunces between the two. The other big difference is that Ferrothorn must have rain to take advantage of it's abilities whereas Chesnaught doesn't. Lastly, Chesnaught is a very solid ground mon check and has access to Taunt which is pretty much the reasons why I used it in the first place. These things will all need to be highlighted.

I'm not sure if I'd give Taunt first slash over Spikey but it's definitely tempting. Wood Hammer also needs to be slashed with Hammer Arm, imo. Since it lets you hit Kyogre, fairies, Ground Arc, (he can Recover stall seeds if no Taunt) and Gothitelle.

Webs set would be: Taunt, Wood, Spikes, Seeds. I don't think there's anything that could be slashed. It's really limited in this niche but it fits it very well with what it has.

In addition to what MM2 said, Arceus-Ghost makes an excellent partner for Webs Chesnaught since Chesnaught's general lack of offensive presence makes it easy spin bait otherwise. Ghosty also checks Mewtwo, Arceus-Psychic, and other mons that bother Chesnaught, though it opens up a Ho-Oh weakness. You also need max speed Jolly to foil Defog Arceus under Webs (idk if I mentioned this earlier). I agree with MM2's set, it really has no other options worth considering.

a sticky web supported set is the only set worth using. otherwise it's a poor-man's fairy type for a standard team archetype and cannot check the things it needs to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)