Chester's smogonic tourny (signups available...open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received permission from Ditto to host this tournament.

Background:
Hi everyone I have always loved the competitive aspect of pokemon and I always love to try new things. I also most importantly like to help other users on smogon as well. With this tournament I feel like this will truly test everyone's true knowledge of pokemon and their battling skills. The idea of this tournament is formatted around a draft style where you would simply draft your team. Please do everyone a favor and read the rules if you plan on joining. They're very long I know but I am asking for you to simply read my boring rules for just 5 minutes at least.

Standard rules:

This is a first come first serve style tournament. There are 26 slots available.

No name calling please be polite and no bragging or gloating about your win. Show some good sportsmanship.

Follow all the rules for every category

When entering please copy paste and fill out this form

Timezone:
IGN and friend code:
favorite color: (just to make sure your reading)

All battles are to be done on wifi. This is a wifi tournament.

PLEASE PLEASE GET YOUR MATCHES DONE IN A TIMELY FASHION

NO CHEATING ANY CHEATING WILL INVOLVE IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.​

Last edited:
Battling rules

Species clause: You may not have two of the same pokemon on your team. In this situation though you may have any prevolved forms of the pokemon.

Sleep clause: Don't do it man don't be that cheap 5 dollar hooker that puts everyone to sleep. You can't put more than one pokemon asleep.

Evasion clause: Don't use that double team or that stupid minimize muk. Just don't do it man. Don't raise your stupid evasion.

OHKO moves: Yeah don't even think of horn drilling or sheer colding or fissuring.

You exhaust the timer you loose GG

Other things to know:
This is a single elimination match standard bracket etc...Nothing to fancy. You may not have one duplicate of an item for the simple fact that you will be using 8 pokemon. You will also be able to see everyone's team ahead of time so plan accordingly. The tier is also anything goes.

Prizes

OT: I soft reset this shiny reshiram myself and sadly my synch failed.
nature: gentle
31/31/31/14-15/14-15/24-25
Full redis

Jolly
OT: Me I soft reset this myself
ability: pressure
moves: cosmic power, recover, pyscho boost, hyper beam
26-27
Full redis

calm
OT: Me I soft reset this myself
levitate
heal pulse, dragon breath, mist ball, pyscho shift
HP: 31
Att: 23
Def: 28
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Full redis

Female
OT: Eric 48890 (ProjectTitan313) hatched it I breed the parent
Nature:Adamant
Ability: Own Tempo (hidden ability)
Moves: Body slam, ancient power, iron head
Ivs...31.31.31.31.31.08
Full redis

OT: Me
Male
Level 27
Nature: Jolly
Ability: steadfast
HP: 27 - 29
Att: 31
Def: 23 - 26
SpA: 23 - 29
SpD: 31
Speed: 31
Moves: feint, helping hand, fake out, foresight
Full redis

First place winner claims a full redis copy of all five pokemon above. All five of these pokemon were soft reset or obtained from myself

Second and third place may claim one of the five pokemon of your choice and they may also have a full redis copy.

Last edited:
HOW TO DRAFT AND DRAFTING RULES:

Overview:
You the player after you have signed up will have to draft or select pokemon to add to your team based off the order that you are placed in the draft. If you have the number 1 pick then you get to select which pokemon to add to your team first and the list goes on etc...There are several rules that will be applied when drafting so please read carefully. Also your team will consist of the following:

8 pokemon

You get two substitutes to swap out.

(Item rules are under battling rules however, you are allowed to use a duplicate of one item)

DRAFTING YOUR TEAM:

You will be able to select any pokemon available to add to your team when it is your turn to draft. There will be a deadline as to when everything has to be drafted so please plan accordingly. I will notify everyone in advance when the draft day is and what pokemon are available to draft.

HOW TO PLAY YOUR DRAFTING SMART:

You are allowed to trade multiple draft picks to move however, any transactions must be posted in the pm and approved by me so I can make a reference.
Example: I trade Joe my 1st round (turn 22) and second round (turn 1) picks for his 1st round (turn 1 pick)

Lets say then that you trade two of your draft picks away for one. That is a totally legal move and the person that you gave the draft picks to would be able to use your draft picks and you would have his draft picks. It's a simple trade to move up in positions.

If you do a two for one trade you notice then that your team will fall short to meet the requirements which is fine. After draft day there will be free agency day where you can add any pokemon to your team that has not been selected by anyone else and is completely leftover. Free agency will be done on a first come first serve basis.

FREE AGENCY:

After drafting your team you may select any unselected pokemon and add it to your team.

Free agency is a first come first serve.

During free agency you may make any trade with other teams on trading your pokemon.

Your team has to be filled up to meet the requirements of having 6 pokemon on your team and 2 substitutes. You may sign as many free agents as needed to make sure that you meet these requirements. However, you may sign a free agent once every hour and only one at a time.

DROPPING A MEMBER FROM YOUR TEAM:

You may drop as many members of your team as you like any time when free agency starts

Any pokemon that has been dropped from a roster is immediately sent to free agency which also means another player can add a pokemon that you dropped from your roster​

Last edited:
Other things:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wi-fi-tournaments-rules.3460958/

(I am required to post this link which shows that I have read and understood the rules)

As stated before this is a single elimination tournament and this is a first come first serve tourny

IMPORTANT FORMS

To trade your draft pick
What you are trading: XXX
What you are receiving: XXX
Who are you doing this transaction with: You are required to tag the other user

(if you cheat or lie about a draft pick being received you will be immediately disqualified)

To trade your pokemon (can only happen during free agency)
What you are trading: XXX
What you are receiving: XXX
Who are you doing this transaction with: You are require to tag the other user

Free agency singing
What are you taking:XXX
What time did you take or obtain your free agent:XXX

Dropping a pokemon from your roster:
What you are dropping:

For any transactions you are required to use these forms

Members or participants
Member name: Showdown name: Current team:

Pokemon available for drafting
(There is nothing as of now)

Free agency
(becomes available after drafting)

Damn that's a lot hopefully I did this right. Sign ups are now open. 26 contestants are allowed. Also another small thing you are required to send me a video of proof on showdown with the battle. Other than that I am going to sleep so it does matter being first actually.

Hopefully I did this right

SIGNUPS END ON THE 14 UNLESS 26 PEOPLE SIGNED UP BY THEN.​

Timezone: GMT+2
FC: 1864-9706-6125 IGN: Joey
favorite color: (just to make sure your reading): Orange

Awesome tourney chester :)

Last edited:
Timezone: EDT (GMT-4)
IGN: John
FC: 1392-4460-4211
favorite color: (just to make sure your reading): Green

Really interesting format for this tourney! Seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Timezone: GMT+2
Pokemon showdown name: Ksh13
favorite color: (just to make sure your reading): Orange

Awesome tourney chester :)
Timezone: EDT (GMT-4)
Pokemon showdown name: MrAwesomeman24
favorite color: (just to make sure your reading): Green

Really interesting format for this tourney! Seems like it would be a lot of fun.
I'm so stupid guys. This tournament is supposed to be a wifi battles. So can you change your info with a friend code and ign. I'm sorry for the confusion. Also I can provide some Pokemon to help you guys create your team. Thanks for understanding.

Okay, updated the info in my post. So this was anything goes, right? So that means that you can draft stuff Like Rayquaze, Giratina and others?

I'm so stupid guys. This tournament is supposed to be a wifi battles. So can you change your info with a friend code and ign. I'm sorry for the confusion. Also I can provide some Pokemon to help you guys create your team. Thanks for understanding.
It's okay, I was thinking that while I was reading the rules XD I should be good for the most part with teams and I might be able to help get some people babies if they want to breed their own 'mons as well if necessary.

Edit: moved info to previous post

I kinda don't know what to say. Nobody has signed up I'm sorry guys to disappoint but I'll try to host this again after finals. Will a mod please lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)