Chewbaccanite Fight (Arcanite vs. starwars fan)

Will the world end here? It's up to you.
(You have been warned. Bad puns will follow)
It is time for Arcanite and starwarsfan to begin their Game. They must rely on the strong Pacts between them and their allies if they ever hope to become victorious. In this arena, time seemingly flows normally, until, like clockwork, it betrays you. Which challenger will be able to Pin the other? Let the battle begin- let's make some Noise!
Also, Arcanite, what's with your Pokemon? I couldn't "Copy-Paste" them and had to do them all manually. maybe it's just me.
Open Challenge:
1 VS 1 Singles NFE Training Battle
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
All Abilities
1 Substitution
Training Items
Arena: Dead God's Pad

From Deep in Shibuya, Meguli Kitaniji conducts a game where the fate of Shibuya. IT looks like a normal apartment, so there are no grass sources, or water sources of enough quantity to use attacks that depend on them. At the start of each action, There is a 5% chance that Kitaniji will use his powers to stop time, causing that action to be delayed by an action, and no action is taken on the original action (Essentially 5% chance for nothing to happen on an action).

Arcanite's Team
Frogadier (F) Yuffie Kirasagi

Musical Theme: Descendant of Shinobi

Nature:
Rash:
+SpA - SpD

Type: Water
Abilities: Torrent/Protean (H)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank1 (-)
Spe: 97
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Original Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 4/9
MC: 9
AC: 3/5

Attacks: (19)
Bestow
Bubble
Dig
Fling
Growl
Ice Beam
Lick
Mind Reader
Mud Sport
Pound
Protect
Quick Attack
Round
Scald
Smokescreen
Substitute
Toxic Spikes
Water Pulse
Water Sport

Megumi 'Shades' Kitaniji (M) Krokorok

Musical Theme: 'Twister'

Nature:
Adamant:
+1 Atk, -1 SpA

Type: Ground/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate/Moxie/Anger Point (H)
Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 74
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
AC: 4/5

Attacks: (21)
Assurance
Aqua Tail
Bite
Crunch
Earthquake
Embargo
Fire Fang
Leer
Mud Slap
Protect
Pursuit
Rage
Rock Slide
Sand Attack
Sand Tomb
Substitute
Swagger
Taunt
Thunder Fang
Torment
Toxic

Honedge (M) Excalipoor

Musical Theme: Pending

Nature:
Brave:
+1 Att -1 Spe (-10% Evasion)

Type: Steel/Ghost
Abilities: No Guard

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 24 (-) (28/1.15, Truncated)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 1
Original Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 2/9
MC: 7
AC: N/A

Attacks: (18)
Aerial Ace
Automotize
Brick Break
Double Team
Flash Cannon
Fury Cutter
Gyro Ball
Metal Sound
Protect
Pursuit
Reflect
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Substitute
Swords Dance
Tackle
Toxic

starwarsfan's "Team"

Clefairy (M)

Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Fairy
Abilities: Cute Charm/Magic Guard/Friend Guard

EC: 9/9
AC: 5/5
MC: 3

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 30 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10

Moves:
After you
Healing Wish
Disarming Voice
Pound
Growl
Encore
Sing
Doubleslap
Defense Curl
Follow Me
Bestow
Minimize
Wake Up Slap
Charm
Sweet Kiss
Copycat
Magical Leaf
Cosmic Power
Metronome
Light Screen
Moonlight
Meteor Mash
Moonblast

T/M
Flamethrower
Shadowball
Substitute
Toxic
icebeam
Dig
Thunderbolt
Double Team
Thunderwave
Protect
Snatch
magic Coat
Endure
Teleport
Hyper Voice
Bide

EGG
Aromatherapy
Substitute
Heal Pulse

starwarsfan sends out Pokemon and Equips
Arcanite sends out Pokemon, Equips, and Orders
starwarsfan Orders
I ref.​

Last edited:

'Kitaniji, take an Exp Share'

[Earthquake > Aqua Tail > Earthquake]
[IF Bide is ordered on action 1, Then use substitute (15 HP) on a2.]

Sorry bout that- I was a bit confused on the rulings of "Action." Here's a fix-up of the round:
Shades

EN 100
4/2/1/2/72
S/W- 2/3
Status- Rockin' The Shades

Clefairy

EN: 100
2/2/3/3/30
S/W- 1/1

Action 1:
Field Effect <0500 (176)- Yes!

Time freezes

Action 2:
Field Effect <0500 (6082)- No

Shades used Earthquake. (EN -6)
Crit <625 (3393)- No
10 + 3 + 4 -2 = 15 Damage

Clefairy used Moonblast (EN -6)
Crit <625 (7605)- No
Effect <3000 (8349)- No
(10 + 3 + 3 - 2) * 1.5 = 21 Damage

Action 3:

Field Effect <500 (3311)- No

Shades used Aqua Tail. (EN -7)
Hit <9000 (4083)- Yes
Crit <625 (6626)- No
9 + 4 - 2 = 11 Damage

Clefairy used Ice Beam. (EN -7)
Effect <1000 (9939)- No
Crit <625 (4557)- No
(9 + 3 - 2) * 1.5 = 15 Damage

Shades HP: 90- (21+15) = 54
Shades EN: 100- (7+6) = 87

Clefairy HP: 90 - (15 + 11) = 64
Clefairy EN: 100 - (6+7) = 87

And the Pokemon burst out of the gate! Shades roars ferociously, making poor Clefairy cower in fear, cutting its Attack stat. Not too phased, starwarsfan tells his Pokemon that they'll have to use Special Attacks instead. Arcanite shouts and order to Shades, sure that his attack would land first and deal decent damage. Shades nods and begins to muster up his energy to unleash an Earthquake... But then time stops. The trainers grimace... What could this mean for their strategies?

Finally, Shades snaps into action once more and unleashes its Earthquake. Clefairy sustains decent damage and its trainer commands an Ice Beam to throw its opponents off. Shades attempts to dodge, but is given the cold shoulder as Ice Beam hits him square on the back. The two trainers then order their Pokemon to act simultaneously, but Shades jumps into action first. Its tail begins to glow a vibrant blue and crashes into Clefairy. Clefairy is knocked into the air, but retaliates and sends another Moonblast crashing into its opponent. To the side of the battle, a mysterious figure wearing his own set of shades watches. He was so close to intervening in the previous action and watching the chaos unfold, but he figured that this would be a more beneficial way to satiate his lust for blood.

Shades

HP: 54
EN 87
4/2/1/2/72
S/W- 2/3
Status- Slight crack in the glasses, but holding on.

Clefairy

HP: 64
EN: 87
2/2/3/3/30
S/W- 1/1

starwarsfan orders.
Arcanite orders.
I ref.​

Last edited:
Ice Bem ~ Moonblast ~ Ice Beam
If successful P/E and you are not taunted, Sub(15) the first time and Double Team (3) the second.

Shades

HP: 54
EN 87
4/2/1/2/72
S/W- 2/3

Clefairy

HP: 64
EN: 87
2/2/3/3/30
S/W- 1/1
Action 1:
Field Effect <0500 (7702)- No

Shades uses Torment. (-10 EN)
Clefairy is Tormented!

Clefairy uses Ice Beam.
The Tormented Pokemon cannot attack.

Action 2:
Field Effect <000 (281)- Yes!

Time stops

Action 3:
Field Effect <0500 (4374)- No

Shades uses Earthquake. (EN -6)
Crit <625 (1078)- No

Clefairy uses Moonblast.
The Tormented Pokemon cannot attack properly.
Clefairy uses Struggle. (EN -5)
Critical <625 (1091)- No
(5 + 1 -2) = 4 Damage
.4(4) = 1.6 Recoil

Shades HP: 54 - 4 = 50 HP
Shades EN: 87 - 6 - 10 = 71 EN

Clefairy HP: 64 - 15 - 2 = 49 HP
Clefairy EN: 87-5 = 82 EN

Clefairy is commanded to use Ice Beam once again in an attempt to freeze its reptilian opponent. Having taken an early lead, Clefairy seemed to be the clear favorite to win this match. However, Shades and Arcanite hatch a sinister plot and the Krok uses Torment. Covered by a dark aura, Clefairy suddenly stops moving. Torment has prevented it from performing any actions this round. Shades sets up to slam Clefairy with a double-Earthquake...

Then suddenly the Pokemon freeze. It's the mysterious deity once again. After a slight pause, the Pokemon snap back in action and Shades smashes Clefairy with only one of its Earthquakes. It's hard to judge who the deity is rooting for- the time stop both saved Clefairy from sustaining extra damage and prevented Shades from taking a large hit to his Energy. Will this be a battle of attrition now, or aggression?

Shades

HP: 50
EN 71
4/2/1/2/72
S/W- 2/3

Clefairy

HP: 47
EN: 82
2/2/3/3/30
S/W- 1/1
Status: Atk -1 (Intimidate), Torment (3 Actions remaining).

Arcanite orders.
starwarsfan orders.
I ref.​

Last edited:
editing in flavour soon- I just want to get this out there for you guys first.
Shades

HP: 50
EN 71
4/2/1/2/72
S/W- 2/3

Clefairy

HP: 47
EN: 82
2/2/3/3/30
S/W- 1/1
Status: Atk -1 (Intimidate), Torment (3 Actions remaining).
Action 1:
Field Effect <0500 (0905)- No, but close

Clefairy uses Protect (- 7 EN)

Shades uses Swagger. (-7 EN)
Clefairy Protected itself!

Action 2:
Field Effect <000 (9588)- No

Shades uses Sand Attack (-5 EN)
Clefairy's accuracy falls one stage.

Clefairy uses Moonblast (EN -6)
Hit <7500 (8932)- No
The attack missed.

Action 3:
Field Effect <0500 (8241)- No

Shades uses Earthquake. (EN -6)
Crit <625 (3737)- No

Clefairy used Ice Beam. (EN -7)
Hit <7500 (0719)
Effect <1000 (2328)- No
Crit <625 (5933)- No
(9 + 3 - 2) * 1.5 = 15 Damage

Torment's effect wore off.

Shades HP: 50 - 15 = 35 HP
Shades EN: 71 - 7 - 5 - 6 = 53 EN

Clefairy HP: 49 - 15 = 34 HP
Clefairy EN: 82 - 7 - 6 - 7 = 62 EN

Attrition seems to be the choice word for Arcanite as he commands Shades to use Swagger. The Pokemon begins to strut his stuff in an attempt to throw off his competition. However, a well-timed Protect by Clefairy renders the Dark type's attack useless. In another survival/stall attempt, Shades uses Sand Attack on its opponent. The little Fairy type gets sand in its eyes and wobbles a little, but it prepares to launch a Moonblast at the opponent. The attack fires and surely would have done massive damage, yet it misses! Ready for a larger offensive presence, Shades launches his first damaging attack of the round. Shades slams his tail into the ground and an Earthquake smashes into Clefairy. Frazzled for a moment, Clefairy defies its injuries and accuracy decrease as it leaps into the air and hits Shades with a frosty Ice Beam. The field chose not to stop time this round, so the battle continues at a fever pitch!

Shades

HP: 35
EN: 53
4/2/1/2/72
S/W- 2/3
Status- Needs contacts.

Clefairy

HP: 34
EN: 62
2/2/3/3/30
S/W- 1/1

starwarsfan orders.
Arcanite orders.
I ref.​

Last edited:
If Moonblast's hit chance rolled 8192, then surely it wouldn't have hit? (This is inconsistent with the ice beam, with the numbers rolled, only one could hit.)

Also, the Sp. Attack and accuracy drops don't decay yet:

Stat Boosts/Drops

Stat boosts and drops from moves such as Swords Dance and Screech and abilities like Intimidate affect a Pokemon's stage in its stats. Each positive Attack or Special Attack stage effectively increases damage from the Pokemon's attacks by 2 while each positive Defense or Special Defense stage effectively reduces damage from incoming attacks by 2. Negative stages have the opposite effect. A Pokemon's stage in any stat typically starts at 0 and can go as low as -6 or as high as +6.

Each Pokemon also has natural stat stages for each of its stats; these start at 0. At the end of each round, all Pokemon's stat stages decrease by 1 if they are higher than the Pokemon's natural stage in that stat, and increase by 1 if they are lower. In this way, stat stages converge towards their natural stages over the course of the battle. This is typically referred to as decay. Decay can be prevented by using stat-boosting and/or stat-dropping moves in these ways:
  • Using a move that raises or lowers a single stat by 1 stage (Growl, Flame Charge, etc.) prevents the affected stat from decaying that round.
  • Using a move that raises or lowers multiple stats by 1 stage (Calm Mind, Dragon Dance, etc.) prevents the affected stats from decaying if the move is used in the last two actions of a round.
  • Using a move that raises or lowers one or more stats by 2 or more stages (Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, etc.) prevents the affected stats from decaying only if the move is used on the last action of the round.

About the decay: Thanks. I had been looking into that way too long and somehow didn't see that.

About this thing:
If Moonblast's hit chance rolled 8192, then surely it wouldn't have hit? (This is inconsistent with the ice beam, with the numbers rolled, only one could hit.)
Wow, I'm an idiot. That's what I get for trying to do this right before bed. Thanks for catching that. It'll be fixed within a minute of me posting this, so starwarsfan can make his move.

Shit I knew I shouldn't have been lazy and I should have looked over your calcs.
All the damage calcs are off. Every single one. Ranks are multiplied by 1.5 before being added in the damage formula.
We can restart the battle (using our orders from round one) or we can go from here, fixing this last round. I personally don't care.
Nobody Drex Arcanite

Yeah, I think fixing the last round is easiest, but i think we should probably get a higher authority here.
(Can't believe I missed that)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have been summoned here on request.

What I can see is inaccurate calculations for damage all this time, especially with the Rank differences & whatnot. Fix the last two rounds & continue as normal in my humble opinion.

That is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)