Chicago Bulls (OU RMT!) (Peaked 92)

The Team
Hey y'all. This is a fun team I made after the Chicago Bulls, my favorite NBA team. It started off as a fun team but I have had quite a bit of success with it. I will right more as i think of more to write about my team, but as of right now, this is it.

ALL CHANGES WILL BE IN
BLACK

Team building process:

I started with Jirachi because in my opniion, Jirachi is the best lead. On a mechanical side, it has amazing stats, and it has the ability to cover many different types and options. On a mental side, Jirachi has so many different sets that the opponent will not know which one until it's too late.

Next up i added in Scizor. I'm an old player and I may change this soon, but as of right now, Scizor is boss. Back in gen 4 Scizor was one of the best scouters/revenge killers. I needed Scizor on my team.

Both Jirachi and Scizor had a glaring weakness to fire. Who better to absorb the fire attacks than Heatran?

Heatran hated water. Suicune is always a good choice.

Suicune hates lightning. Celebi absorbs lightning like a boss. Celebi also carries Heal Bell, which is an amazing asset to this team. Hey! It's the good old Celetrancun core!

I needed a finisher. Because Garchomp is currently legal, i figured i'd use him. He can also benefit from enemy Sandstorm teams.

Suicune was good, but she didn't carry her weight. I needed a wish passer on my team so i chose Vaporeon.

Finally, Garchomp just didn't cut it. He was too easily walled as a scarf version, and too easily outsped as the SD variant. I looked on the Flygon. Good choice.

So i totally did a revamp

IN-DEPTH LOOK!

Derrick Rose
Jirachi
@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs:
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Naive Nature
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Thunder
Body Slam

Derrick Rose! I named Jirachi after Derrick because he is the strong leader the team needs. Like how Derrick Rose scores 20-30 points per game, Jirachi usually KOs/Severely cripples several pokemon. His main job is to cripple some of the opposing trainer's Pokemon and then come back late game to hax everyone to death. The leftover is there to let it survive extra-long. You have no idea how many people have left games due to being flinched/paralyzed over and over again xD he is a valuable member and by no means a "suicide lead"

He is not the common lead in the sense that he tries to set up stealth rocks. He is simple there to create a pokemon advantage that allows me to win in the battle of attrition. At the worst, Jirachi is a 1 for 1. In practice Jirachi, more often than not, is a 2 for 1 or even a 3 for 1. I have even swept entire teams who were unprepared for this. The first biggest factor is the surprise factor. People see Jirachi as a lead and assume scarfrachi. They don't realize how many options I carry with Jirachi.

For his moveset, I immediately gave him Iron Head and Body Slam. These 2 make him the biggest thorn in one's side in existence. With paralysis and 60% chance of flinching, my opponents have very little chance to retaliate. Unfortunately, these 2 moves gets walled by steel types, and since flinching+paralysis isn't gaurenteed, a lot of steel types can simply absorb 10% of damage a turn for like 4 turns and just use roost or rest. To combat that, I gave Jirachi fire punch. Jirachi firepunch has a fair chance to burn, and it takes care of annoying pokemon such as Nattorei, Scizor, Magnezone, etc. My last slot was once stealth rock, but since I moved Stealth Rock to Heatran, I gave Jirachi Thunder. Thunder is there due to the current state of the metagame of rain being everywhere. 100% hit with 60% paralysis is no joke. You won't believe how many rain dance teams i've shut down simply by spamming thunder. Thunder also serves as a fair Gyarados check. Who tries to switch in assuming i only have iron head/body slam. For EVs, i simply maximized attack and speed.

I have not looked at server statistics yet, but against the common leads of 4th gen
Metagross: body slam
Azelf: body slam then iron head to death
Jirachi: body slam then fire punch
Swampert: switch to celebi
Aerodactyl: ironhead or body slam. I have yet to face one o.o
Infernape: body slam
Hippowdon: try to iron head it since i'm faster or get off SR and switch to Celebi
Bronzong: body slam then firepunch if it's levitate and switch if it's heatproof
Ninjask: lol BP team
Tyrannitar: iron head because i'm faster
Heatran: body slam or switch to Vaporeon
Roserade: body slam
Smeargle: body slam
Abomasnow: body slam or ironhead
Mamoswine: iron head. I out speed.
Politoad: thunder lol

His EV spread is to outspeed other base 100 neutral natures and to maximize damage.

I'm experimenting between Zen Headbutt/Iron Head and Twave/Bodyslam.

Ronnie Brewer
Scizor
@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch
Super Power
U-Turn
Pursuit

Brewer's the business. He's the starting shooting guard for the Bulls, and he is the first part of my heavy offense. Like Brewer, who always makes a lot of shots, he scores a lot of kills.
This is kind of what Scizor does. He comes in, and then depending on circumstances, either U-turns away from the incoming counters or picks off weakened pokemon. Scizor is my revenge killer/scout and he also serves the dual purpose of walling the enemy dragon type and ice type moves moves. Scizor also serves as my check to low hped sweepers who lack priority moves.I think y'all have seen enough of Scizor to know his powers.

People usually aren't surprised by Scizor because it's so common. This leads to a prediction game. I can use my opponents reactions from previous turns to help me predict my opponents move and react with scizor appropriately.

For his moves, it is pretty standard. Bullet Punch+technician+Choice Band+STAB hurts anything except pokemon like Skarmory or Bronzong. He can OHKO many ghost types as well as beat sweepers with Life Orb. Scizor usually does around 30%-40% on pokemon that RESIST steel and a lot more on pokemon that are neutral. Bullet Punch also serves as my DDTtar counter as well as any rock polish sweepers that are weak to steel. Super Power allows me to OHKO the incoming Magnezones or Heatran aimed at stopping scizor, and it also OHKOs blissey. Pursuit is there to trap ghost types. Finally, U-turn is there for it's scouting ability. Choice Banded U-turns also take a nice chunk of health from anything. U-turn also OHKOs Psychic pokemon that try to stay in and it also kills most grass types.

For EVs, i maximized Hp and attack, but i gave it 8 Speed to outrun other Scizors.

Joakim Noah
Heatran@Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Fire Blast
Hidden Power [Grass]
Earth Power
Stealth Rock

He's the big guy of my team. The center! To complement Jirachi's and Scizor's heavy offense style and weakness to fire, this guy absorbs the fire attacks aimed at the former. Heatran is also my answer to sun teams. Flash Fire makes their firemoves useless, and Heatran double resists Solar Beam. Earth Power also pretty much OHKOs anything they have. I originally had Tormentran, but after several people told me it was not good in 5th gen, i decided to test Balloontran. I was pleasantly surprised.
Balloon gave heatran an answer to Earth Quake. EQ users have to waste a turn popping the balloon, which is more than enough for Heatran to either SR or kill the pokemon. Heatran's steel typing also allows him to resist the ever so deadly dragon moves, which is about as common as Paul Pierce flopping.

I opted for Timid nature to guarantee at least a speed tie with other Heatran. Fire Blast is the STAB move of choice. A Flash Fired powered Fire Blast will hurt anything. The only turn off is the lack of accuracy and i may switch Fire Blast to Lava Plume or Over Heat. Flamethrower is always an option but i really like the power Fire Blast brings. Earth Power is there to take care of rock types that switch in as well as opposing fire types. Hidden Power Grass is there for bulky leads such as swampert or hippowdon. I originally had HP Ice but due to my recent team switch, i felt like grass was a better choice. Finally Stealth Rock is there to provide entry hazards against my opponent.

Carlos Boozer
Salamence
@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Atk/ 240 SpA/ 252 Spd
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Outrage
Earth Quake

The power forward of the team. If you need something done, you hand it off to Boozer. Likewise, Salamencenever ceases to fail me. I originally opted for more of a balance team and had Vaporeon in this slot. I decided to change my team to a more offensive oriented team and I am not looking back. Salamence is fresh back into OU as one of the best wall breakers in the game. Mixmence is truly a beast to be feared. His insane coverage leaves the opponent guessing. People nowadays expect DD Mence so they switch to a scarfed killed only to take a Draco Meteor to the face. Draco Meteor off of Salamence's massive special attack is a OHKO on many pokemon. Whoever doesn't get OHKOed is quickly finished off by one of his other 3 moves. I chose to give him Intimidate to sort of weaken Exadrill. I switch in Salamence as they EQ and make them face the -1 Attack. I then proceed to threaten with Flamethrower. Salamence is truly marvelous. In many games, mence and Jirachi are all i need due to how much coverage they both have.

For attacks, Draco Meteor is a given. It's 140 base power coming off of Salamence's SpA is nasty. Outrage is there for a "second Draco Meteor" once i use up Draco Meteor. It's basically just there for more dragon moves. Earth Quake OHKO's Heatran, Shandera, Ninetales, etc etc. It's jus there for more coverage. Finally, Flamethrower is there to take care of Forretress, Skarmory, and Nattorei. All 3 of them are OHKOed after a Draco Meteor lands on the switch iirc. For EVs, I chose 16 atk so it can kill Blissey with a Draco Meteor+Outrage. The best wallbreaker is back =D

Luol Deng
Latios
@Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick

The small forward of my team. Luol Deng has been a consistent part of the bulls for years. Before Latios turned uber, he was always a good choice. Now that he's back in OU, i'm going to abuse him as much as i can before he turns uber again. Choice Spec'd Draco Meteor off of Latios is essentially a Sheer Cold/Horn Drill/Fissure with 90% accuracy. It OHKOs pretty much any pokemon who doesn't resist it. It can even OHKO pokemon after the special attack drop. When people see Latios, it's essentially "Sacrifice a pokemon" time. I feel almost unfair when i use him because he can literally take teams apart by just Draco Meteor spamming.

For his attacks, Draco Meteor is the obvious choice. Surf is there to hit Heatran (who tries to wall DM). Tbolt is there to tear up rain teams as well as skarmory. Finally, Trick is added to take out walls. If i manage to hit a Blissey/Skarmory with trick, i get a nifty set of leftovers and they're forced to be useless. Latios=awesomeness.

Kyle Korver
Starmie
@Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Kyle Korver. The dependable bench player. He comes off the bench and nails shots. Likewise, Starmie goes in when he is needed and retreats until the late game cleaning time. Ever since i switched off the celetranwater core for more offense, i found myself switching more with less forms of recovery. The entry hazards really started to wear me out so I decided to add a spinner to my team. Since i want offense, Starmie is the obvious choice because its the best offensive spinner in the game. Natural cure lets me shrug off toxic spikes. His natural speed+decent SpA gives him more utility than just a pure spinner. Starmie serves as my DD mence, DD Gyara, and Garchomp check. Starmie can also kill adamant Exadrill swith Hydro Pump iirc.

Hydro Pump is there for insane STAB. Tbolt for gyara and other water/flyers. Ice Beam is for dragons. Rapid Spin is there to keep me safe.

Yep, any suggestions?

now thats its gen 5, replace flygon with a u-turn Hydreigon. bigger base stats and would still rock the choice scarf like a boss

P.S: Go Heat and knicks!

now thats its gen 5, replace flygon with a u-turn Hydreigon. bigger base stats and would still rock the choice scarf like a boss

P.S: Go Heat and knicks!
I considered that, but i really love the ground type of Flygon. Part of why it harasses so well is because it can switch into lightning.

EDIT: In Gen 5, who's a good spin blocker? I used Rotom in Gen 4 but now idk who to use.

whoah this look like a 4th gen team lol!

Kidding (sort of). I recommend choice scarf Landlos over Flygon, since he can outspeed postive natured boosted base 100s, has MUCH higher damage output, especially in the omnipresent sand, and also has U-Turn. Seriously, I've fallen in love with this guy. A simple moveset of Earthquake/Stone Edge/U-Turn/Hammer Arm with a Jolly nature should do it.

whoah this look like a 4th gen team lol!

Kidding (sort of). I recommend choice scarf Landlos over Flygon, since he can outspeed postive natured boosted base 100s, has MUCH higher damage output, especially in the omnipresent sand, and also has U-Turn. Seriously, I've fallen in love with this guy. A simple moveset of Earthquake/Stone Edge/U-Turn/Hammer Arm with a Jolly nature should do it.
Yeah. I'm just getting into 5th gen so i'm still very 4gened.

Sup AznSeal! I doubt you remember me but when I was first getting into competitive Pokemon, you were on Basil beating everybody there (and I was a Basiler back then) so you were actually something of a role model back in the day. I caught you on Shoddy once and we battled a couple of times (you won), so this is really a blast from the past. I was Spork or Toxic Spork back then, lol. Anyways...

Yeah, this team is heavily, heavily 4th gen, and that's somewhat problematic in this new generation as quite a few bit of things have changed, especially for the playstyle this team fits under. That unfortunately means you might have to (will have to) change some members around so that you can go toe-to-toe with the metagame. The first thing I would try would be a Nattorei over Roserade.

@ Leftovers
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
Relaxed
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball

This 'mon does much better against the water types of this generation like Politoed or Azumarill, etc. You give up Toxic Spikes but I don't understand why you need those anyway, besides for Heatran- but even then TormentTran isn't good this generation so I'm not sure what you're going for there. You might have to change him to a simple Balloon set. Nattorei also gives you Leech Seed support for the rest of your team and spikes, which are also much better and easier to set up than toxic ones.

The other change I would make would be over Jirachi. I don't really see the point of him- with team preview, there is no purpose in having a "lead", you already have two or three steel types (one of whom can set up stealth rock (and probably should)). I think that slot should be invested in a weather-sweeper-counter, because Doryuuzu and Randorusu really mess you up, with no weather changer. A standard Gliscor ought to do the trick- he stops them cold and gives you a good status absorber at the loss of Roserade. He also gives you a much better ground type than Flygon, so that you can free that set up and use something a little better, like maybe Scarf Thundurus or Scarf Latios (both of whom are much better than Flygon).

I understand that this is a lot of changes, but thats thing problem with trying to use the same team in two generations =(. Anyways I hope this helps!

Sup AznSeal! I doubt you remember me but when I was first getting into competitive Pokemon, you were on Basil beating everybody there (and I was a Basiler back then) so you were actually something of a role model back in the day. I caught you on Shoddy once and we battled a couple of times (you won), so this is really a blast from the past. I was Spork or Toxic Spork back then, lol. Anyways...

Yeah, this team is heavily, heavily 4th gen, and that's somewhat problematic in this new generation as quite a few bit of things have changed, especially for the playstyle this team fits under. That unfortunately means you might have to (will have to) change some members around so that you can go toe-to-toe with the metagame. The first thing I would try would be a Nattorei over Roserade.

@ Leftovers
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpDef
Relaxed
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball

This 'mon does much better against the water types of this generation like Politoed or Azumarill, etc. You give up Toxic Spikes but I don't understand why you need those anyway, besides for Heatran- but even then TormentTran isn't good this generation so I'm not sure what you're going for there. You might have to change him to a simple Balloon set. Nattorei also gives you Leech Seed support for the rest of your team and spikes, which are also much better and easier to set up than toxic ones.

The other change I would make would be over Jirachi. I don't really see the point of him- with team preview, there is no purpose in having a "lead", you already have two or three steel types (one of whom can set up stealth rock (and probably should)). I think that slot should be invested in a weather-sweeper-counter, because Doryuuzu and Randorusu really mess you up, with no weather changer. A standard Gliscor ought to do the trick- he stops them cold and gives you a good status absorber at the loss of Roserade. He also gives you a much better ground type than Flygon, so that you can free that set up and use something a little better, like maybe Scarf Thundurus or Scarf Latios (both of whom are much better than Flygon).

I understand that this is a lot of changes, but thats thing problem with trying to use the same team in two generations =(. Anyways I hope this helps!
Thank you very much for this :)
Yeah, my team is old and it used to dominate but now theres so much SS and Rain that i just lose =/
Nattorei looks good so i'll try it :)

Also, what makes Gliscor so good against weather? I might have missed something.

Also, what's a good spin blocker for 5th gen?

Gliscor is just good for handling ss sweepers, whom you have covered way worse than rain sweepers. The most common rain sweepers would be tornadus, latios, jirachi and the like- basically, a bunch of stuff for your scarfed to revenge, whether you choose flygon or garchomp or landolos or thundurus. However, ss sweepers like doryuuzu and landolos can boost their speed (rock polish in the case of the latter) to the extent that your scarfer will not outspeed- thus a more solid counter, glis or, is requiered.

As for a spin blocker, burungeru could work well over vaporeon- he pairs well with natty and helps you out against blaziken and stall teams (taunt). Im just not sure how common rapid spinners are, but he still could be useful.

Sorry for spelling errors and stuff, im on mg ipod

I tried out noterrei and i did not like him. I did some changes and my team has been a lot more successful. As of right now, i am ranked 264 :D

Hi, seeing as you already changed to the popular good set of BalloonTran being able to set up rocks once you see Ferrothorn or Rachi (or any other common steels really) come in, that is a wise choice in change. Along with the change of bulky set Vap.

I suggest you change Grass knot on Celebi with energy ball, as to get some good damage on Rotom-W because it is so light and grass knot hardly does anything to it even though celebi should be able to counter rotom-w, with this it really can't.
As to other counters like Ferrothorn and other bulky pokes, hp fire is a good move and good coverage for this Celebi set. As well as heal bell and recover for the right reasons to be a nurse on your team.

If you find more success with scarfgon, then why change it to garchomp? it really just depends on what your success as been and how the last slot in your team mixes with the immunities/resistances and how it just mends as a whole with the group of pokes you have. You should try out a bulky Dragonite set though. I recently have been using a bulky DD + roost nite set and to my satisfaction it really has pulled its weight. Also, scarfgon with u-turn really isn't in this metagame too much and for good reasons. Many pokes can now counter it quite well (e.g. Gliscor). Anyways, just put some thought into what may be a better choice as to pertaining to your team and the current threats. It would be wise if you tested different options on the PO server, seeing as that would give you a good feel for the metagame and your teams predicament.

In short; quite a good team, but i suggest you look for the changes in celebi's move as well as possibly a better fitting dragon.

Good luck, hope this helped~

I just had to rate this team, since the Chicago Bulls are one of my favorite NBA teams (after Miami Heat :P).

Threats
  1. Sand Sweepers
  2. Bulk Up Conkeldurr / Scrafty
  3. Nasty Plot Thunderus
  4. Calm Mind Virizion
  5. Stall

First off it seems you're weak to the most common Sandstorm sweepers, Excadrill, Terrakion and Landorus. Exacdrill can set-up on Scizor's Pursuit, Flygon's Outrage, as well as Flygon's Earthquake provided it has a Balloon. After a Swords Dance none of your Pokemon will be able to survive its boosted Earthquake / Rock Slide / X-Scissor. Landorus can set-up on Scizor's Superpower, Pursuit, Flygon's Earthquake, and force Jirachi out to either boost its Attack with Swords Dance or boost its Speed with Rock Polish. With Swords Dance, it can OHKO your entire team between Earthquake and Stone Edge especially when backed up by Sand Power. Rock Polish variants have a loss in power, but they outspeed Flygon, and are still powerful enough with Life Orb and Sand Power backing them up. With a little prior damage your team will struggle to beat it (Especially since it has Hidden Power Ice for Flygon).

It seems Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Scrafty can also give you quite a few troubles, using Scizor's Pursuit, Vaporeon, and Flygon's weak Fire Blast. They can acquire multiple Bulk Ups before they sweep you, as none of your members can KO them in one hit, while they take a chunk of damage from boosted Drain Punch / Payback / and in Conkeldurr's case Stone Edge as well as Mach Punch. The two also can't be worn down too easily due to Drain Punch, and Scarfty carrying Rest.

Nasty Plot Borutorosu can set-up on anything Scizor throws, on Flygon's Earthquake, force out Vaporeon, as well as set-up on Celebi. With a boost it will destroy every member with boosted Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Focus Blast, while your revenge killer, Flygon, isn't always gonna take it even with locking itself into Outrage.

Calm Mind Virizion, like all the others, can set-up on Scizor's Pursuit, Flygon's Earthquake, and use Celebi as set up fodder for Calm Minds. It also has the potential to KO everything with all of its moves after some prior damage, these being Focus Blast / Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ice. Stall teams could also be quite annoying to face. A basic Stall core of Jellicent | Nattorei / Skarmory | Blissey walls your entire team, sets up the hazards and can easily cause you to switch back and forth while shrugging off the damage you do with their recovery move. You really don't have anything reliable to break through Stall.

Solutions:

• Solution A: Curse Quagsire over Vaporeon
Quagsire used to be laughed in gen 4, but it's proven its worth now, thanks to Unaware, which ignores any Stat boosts the opponent has acquired, as well as recover. Thanks to its fantastic ability, Quagsire is able to reliably check Swords Dance Excadrill and Swords Dance / Rock Polish Landorus, going past their boosts and smacking them with Super Effective Waterfall. Quagsire can actually use them as set up fodder for multiple Curses, and proceed to be a huge pain for the opponent to take down. Conkeldurr and Scarfty will also hate facing Quagsire, as Quagsire will be able to utilize them to set-up multiple Curse boosts, bypass their Bulk Ups and put the hurt with Earthquake. Finally, it can also be a good check against Nasty Plot Borutorosu, as none of its unboosted attacks will be able to 2HKO Quagsire (Even Focus Blast, which already has bad accuracy and low pp) with the following spread. The deal gets even sweeter with Recover, since Quagsire maintains its durability throughout the match being able to switch in to these threats without getting worn out. Definitely give it a shot.
  • Solution B: Calm Mind Reuniclus over Celebi
While I understand that the Celetran combo is a very solid combo synergy-wise, I must say, it isn't as good as it used to be. Also, Celebi's set is what brings in a number of stat uppers and gives them the chance to set-up and harass the team. Reuniclus however can serve your team as a formidable sweeper, stall breaker, and a way to counter Virizion all in one. The Stall core I mentioned Jellicent | Nattorei / Skarmory | Blissey are broken down by Reuniclus, who can set-up Calm Mind and hit them all for solid damage between Psychic and Focus Blast, bar Blissey. Blissey will usually end up getting outstalled, since it can't do anything to you outside Seismic Toss and Softboiled, while Reuniclus can continuously boost with Calm Mind and remain healthy with Recover. If Reuniclus has Psycho Shock, it becomes that much easier to take on Blissey.

Movesets:

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Recover
---

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psycho Shock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
---

So to summarize:
  • Quagsire > Vaporeon
  • Reuniclus > Celebi

I just had to rate this team, since the Chicago Bulls are one of my favorite NBA teams (after Miami Heat :P).

Threats
  1. Sand Sweepers
  2. Bulk Up Conkeldurr / Scrafty
  3. Nasty Plot Thunderus
  4. Calm Mind Virizion
  5. Stall

First off it seems you're weak to the most common Sandstorm sweepers, Excadrill, Terrakion and Landorus. Exacdrill can set-up on Scizor's Pursuit, Flygon's Outrage, as well as Flygon's Earthquake provided it has a Balloon. After a Swords Dance none of your Pokemon will be able to survive its boosted Earthquake / Rock Slide / X-Scissor. Landorus can set-up on Scizor's Superpower, Pursuit, Flygon's Earthquake, and force Jirachi out to either boost its Attack with Swords Dance or boost its Speed with Rock Polish. With Swords Dance, it can OHKO your entire team between Earthquake and Stone Edge especially when backed up by Sand Power. Rock Polish variants have a loss in power, but they outspeed Flygon, and are still powerful enough with Life Orb and Sand Power backing them up. With a little prior damage your team will struggle to beat it (Especially since it has Hidden Power Ice for Flygon).

It seems Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Scrafty can also give you quite a few troubles, using Scizor's Pursuit, Vaporeon, and Flygon's weak Fire Blast. They can acquire multiple Bulk Ups before they sweep you, as none of your members can KO them in one hit, while they take a chunk of damage from boosted Drain Punch / Payback / and in Conkeldurr's case Stone Edge as well as Mach Punch. The two also can't be worn down too easily due to Drain Punch, and Scarfty carrying Rest.

Nasty Plot Borutorosu can set-up on anything Scizor throws, on Flygon's Earthquake, force out Vaporeon, as well as set-up on Celebi. With a boost it will destroy every member with boosted Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Focus Blast, while your revenge killer, Flygon, isn't always gonna take it even with locking itself into Outrage.

Calm Mind Virizion, like all the others, can set-up on Scizor's Pursuit, Flygon's Earthquake, and use Celebi as set up fodder for Calm Minds. It also has the potential to KO everything with all of its moves after some prior damage, these being Focus Blast / Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ice. Stall teams could also be quite annoying to face. A basic Stall core of Jellicent | Nattorei / Skarmory | Blissey walls your entire team, sets up the hazards and can easily cause you to switch back and forth while shrugging off the damage you do with their recovery move. You really don't have anything reliable to break through Stall.

Solutions:

• Solution A: Curse Quagsire over Vaporeon
Quagsire used to be laughed in gen 4, but it's proven its worth now, thanks to Unaware, which ignores any Stat boosts the opponent has acquired, as well as recover. Thanks to its fantastic ability, Quagsire is able to reliably check Swords Dance Excadrill and Swords Dance / Rock Polish Landorus, going past their boosts and smacking them with Super Effective Waterfall. Quagsire can actually use them as set up fodder for multiple Curses, and proceed to be a huge pain for the opponent to take down. Conkeldurr and Scarfty will also hate facing Quagsire, as Quagsire will be able to utilize them to set-up multiple Curse boosts, bypass their Bulk Ups and put the hurt with Earthquake. Finally, it can also be a good check against Nasty Plot Borutorosu, as none of its unboosted attacks will be able to 2HKO Quagsire (Even Focus Blast, which already has bad accuracy and low pp) with the following spread. The deal gets even sweeter with Recover, since Quagsire maintains its durability throughout the match being able to switch in to these threats without getting worn out. Definitely give it a shot.

• Solution B: Calm Mind Reuniclus over Celebi
While I understand that the Celetran combo is a very solid combo synergy-wise, I must say, it isn't as good as it used to be. Also, Celebi's set is what brings in a number of stat uppers and gives them the chance to set-up and harass the team. Reuniclus however can serve your team as a formidable sweeper, stall breaker, and a way to counter Virizion all in one. The Stall core I mentioned Jellicent | Nattorei / Skarmory | Blissey are broken down by Reuniclus, who can set-up Calm Mind and hit them all for solid damage between Psychic and Focus Blast, bar Blissey. Blissey will usually end up getting outstalled, since it can't do anything to you outside Seismic Toss and Softboiled, while Reuniclus can continuously boost with Calm Mind and remain healthy with Recover. If Reuniclus has Psycho Shock, it becomes that much easier to take on Blissey.

Movesets:

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Recover
---

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psycho Shock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
---

So to summarize:
  • Quagsire > Vaporeon
  • Reuniclus > Celebi
Very much appreciated :)
I will test these out right away. Before your rate, i got to rank 217. I should be able to get even further now!

I also support Quagsire over Vaporeon. Unaware is truly a difference maker.

On another note, good luck versus the Celtics, Spurs, and Lakers. Veterans for the win.

I just got to 180 rank. I'm pretty happy. I decided to try Quagsire and Reuniculus pokemon but they both didn't feel right. Quagsire still lose to Grass Knot or Energy Ball. I guess i'm doing it wrong and need to practice more. Reuniculus poke was too scizor weak with Focus Blast. Once again i may be doing something wrong but i still like Vaporeon+Celebi.

I might give Vaporeon+Reuniculus a try. Celebi also happened to be my only check for bulky waters who can phaze (Swampert, Vaporeon), etc so idk.

Also, i switched HP Electric to Ice Beam. This made my team super good against Garchomp+Dragonite+all the new jank dragons but now i feel i'm Gyarados weak, especially if Thunderachi dies.

Any help?

I considered that, but i really love the ground type of Flygon. Part of why it harasses so well is because it can switch into lightning.

EDIT: In Gen 5, who's a good spin blocker? I used Rotom in Gen 4 but now idk who to use.
Cofragirus (I CBA to remember the name) (the wierd mummy thing) or Dusclops with evo stone, which acts as a wall as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)